PDA

View Full Version : Prison Sex 2

ProfoundHaytred
11-21-2002, 10:05 AM
I dont know if anyone has heard about this put on this bootleg i have form 12-96 maynard says some thing along the lines of this next song is called prison sex 2, then they go into jimmy....does anyone wanna specualte why..i mean ts kinad obvious how they are connected on how its about being small and weak and powerless against a bigger power but thats all for now

HoldYourLight11
11-22-2002, 12:32 AM
Actually, i believe they played Prison Sex and jimmy back to back, and in between them he said "That was a song about recognizing the pattern of sexual abuse, and this is a song about doing something to stop it." or something to thst effect.

That wasnt an exact quote.

ProfoundHaytred
11-22-2002, 09:40 AM
He said that jimmy was Prison Sex 2, i mean thoase songs have to be related in more ways than one. and as for "That was a song about recognizing the pattern of sexual abuse, and this is a song about doing something to stop it." or something to thst effect." i would like to haer this if you have it, or what is that date on it...im interested

Sagacious Foetu
11-24-2002, 09:02 AM
that's really interesting.... i've always thought this was one of their most personal songs, and i knew it was their most personal song on aenima, but now that i think about it "prison sex 2" would be a good fake title for a song on like some compilation (if they were to do something like that) or like, maybe on their next album, they could have that song be like a secret track and call it prison sex 2, or like, maybe even a different version of jimmy and call it prison sex 2..... hmm... just a thought...

xxbaxx..

Sagacious Foetu
11-24-2002, 09:04 AM
is there a reason (i'm sure there is) why jimmy is not capitalized in the track listing inside the aenima cover, and all the other songs are?

xxbaxx..

ragna16
11-24-2002, 10:55 AM
It has to do with the fact that jimmy (the speaker) is an inferior position, and therefore doesn't recieve the capitalization.

wuphat
11-27-2002, 03:58 PM
I remember reading somewhere, maybe it was even in the faq on this site or at toolband.com that jimmy isn't capitalized, because jimmy is just a little boy...not so much that he's inferior, just young.

ProfoundHaytred
11-30-2002, 06:09 PM
back the the topic at hand, the prison sex 2 thing.....any answers???

llewdargssor
12-17-2002, 11:56 PM
what does jimmy immediately follw? imtermission. what does parabola immeditaley follw? parabol. what are they both relting to? reflection of the same thing.

what is the intermission tune reminiscent to in my mind? baseball. one of the forum things said somehting about a book about a baseball accident. hmmm.

but to me the song has never been really sad or scary as prison sex, but personal yes, so maybe it was/is, shit, maybe even a reflection on prison sex.

i cant place it yet, but its not a sad or valnerable feeling i get from the song. more like a journey, someone (maybe a friend of "jimmy" at the time) is taking him on a journey.

but really folks, i dont think there is a right answer to all these musings. even for the band. the great thing about poetry and music, in fact any form of art is that you grow with it. every time i hear a tool song, or read a piece of poetry i have new feelings, or extensions of old ones, and that, i think is a really important thing about any band. they want to reach us, inspire us. they love humanity.

sometimes i think that lateralus is a reflection of aenima. i know the numbers aren't the same. but lateralus reflects aenima, in lots of ways, just in a more red and orange way rather than a grey and blue way.

meh.