PDA

View Full Version : More VOLTO! News...

docder
09-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Maybe it's a Monday or maybe "Aunt Flo is visiting from Niagara Falls", but with all this VOLTO! news I'm gettin' pissed off. Maybe Blair is trying to tell us that Tool is morphing through VOLTO! and becoming "TO V OL" Hell, maybe that's the name of new album...Maybe Blair should send us all tickets to these shows?

docder
09-12-2005, 03:52 PM
By the way Sick Avatar, where did you get that pic?

Yeah, I believe/hope they're done recording.

RollingStone.com

Tertius Oculum
09-12-2005, 04:05 PM
ESTROFEST!

docder
09-12-2005, 04:14 PM
ESTROFEST!

Damn, Blair read my mind!

triad636
09-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I believe/hope they're done recording.

wouldnt we all?.. unfortunately we have no official word.. but im betting they are in the mixing mastering stage... who knows..

Ryan
09-12-2005, 05:20 PM
the least he could do is give us a brief update on the signed vinyls. even a sentence would suffice.

awaking
09-12-2005, 05:29 PM
heard today Alqaeda is looking to attack LA, suck balls if they took out the band. but yeah I don't think volto has anything to do with tool.. besides danny

killershears
09-12-2005, 05:40 PM
heard today Alqaeda is looking to attack LA, suck balls if they took out the band. but yeah I don't think volto has anything to do with tool.. besides danny

I say Tool pack their bags and watch their dream come true from the television. ;)

awaking
09-12-2005, 05:47 PM
I doubt its their dream.. well the fact that it is reality isn't a dream anymore.. I doubt they want ppl to die.

triad636
09-12-2005, 05:51 PM
yeah, im pretty sure, no one wants another attack like that...

Lackymacky
09-12-2005, 06:13 PM
yeah, im pretty sure, no one wants another attack like that...

except alqaeda...how witty of me, bet you didnt see that one coming eh?

you guys might want to venture to the outdoors once in a while. you see, aside from your computer there is, just like the game, an entire civilization waiting for you to explore it.

knock yourselves out

MasterOfKtulu109
09-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I would guess they are done recording, or in the final stretch (it has been 6 weeks).

I hope they don't make the mistake of waiting 6 months to release it, because the internet leak will probably come out really early.

Goldfoot
09-12-2005, 06:30 PM

you guys might want to venture to the outdoors once in a while. you see, aside from your computer there is, just like the game, an entire civilization waiting for you to explore it.

knock yourselves out

Where have you been oh experienced one?

triad636
09-12-2005, 06:38 PM

knock yourselves out
actually I didnt not see that coming, I knew some one was gunna say, oh except the terrorists that is.. and if it wasn't for those martyrs' beliefs in "allah" and their hate for americans they wouldnt be too happy..

edit: i have been to other places , im not always on the computer.. what makes you soo experienced.. you sign on to tdn as well... so if its such of waste of time don't do it..

clone
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Didn't you know? because of the power outage in L.A. yasterday, Tool accidentaly lost all they had recorded, and they had already erased the blackboard, so they're gonna have to start all the writing process again.

BreakX
09-12-2005, 09:16 PM

knock yourselves out

I LOVE it when people on an internet forum make fun of the other people that are doing the exact same thing as them for doing that very thing. Always good for a good laugh.

And I know Triad, he's a great guy. Very knowledgeable.

Timothy
09-12-2005, 10:37 PM
I hope they don't make the mistake of waiting 6 months to release it, because the internet leak will probably come out really early.

How do you figure?

Goldfoot
09-12-2005, 11:30 PM
How do you figure?

Do you know how the internet works? I've had The Family Guy movie and Disturbed's new CD since July.

Tertius Oculum
09-12-2005, 11:43 PM
How do you figure?

It's called Electric Magic!

MasterOfKtulu109
09-13-2005, 07:51 AM
How do you figure?

If the album is sitting on the shelf at the record company for 6 months before release, its only a matter of time till it leaks. The new NIN album was finished in early January and wasnt released until May. It leaked 6 weeks early because it was pushed back so far.

I hope tool doesn't make this mistake.

docder
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Didn't you know? because of the power outage in L.A. yasterday, Tool accidentaly lost all they had recorded, and they had already erased the blackboard, so they're gonna have to start all the writing process again.

fsm="funny shit man" ...hate to have been the noobian construction workers to take out power like that. "hey bra...what do you think would happen if we cut this wire????"

clone
09-13-2005, 07:18 PM
fsm="funny shit man" ...hate to have been the noobian construction workers to take out power like that. "hey bra...what do you think would happen if we cut this wire????"

in fact, fsm are my initials (not joking)

TheNothingSong
09-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Do you know how the internet works? I've had The Family Guy movie and Disturbed's new CD since July.

haha. you obviously dont. that right there is a confession.

Timothy
09-14-2005, 12:12 AM

Do you know how tool works? They're pretty protective of their shit.

Timothy
09-14-2005, 12:13 AM
It's called Electric Magic!

Shhhhhh!!! It's a secret.

TheRuleOfThree
09-14-2005, 07:48 AM

If you even bothered to download anything by Disturbed then you waive your right to post.

Goldfoot
09-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Do you know how tool works? They're pretty protective of their shit.

We'll see.

Bogart
09-14-2005, 11:17 AM
We'll see.
i agree, i can almost guarantee that their new cd will get leaked, or at least some songs.

clarity.
09-14-2005, 12:02 PM
There will be a fake leak. We think we'll have the new album. But it's fake. That's why Tool is taking so long: because they are making 2 albums. The real one and a fake one that will leak. Yep it's true.

ATARI
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
well, if you don't tell anyone there is an album coming out yet, it won't leak as quickly...

Goldfoot
09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
well, if you don't tell anyone there is an album coming out yet, it won't leak as quickly...

Once it goes to into production, people will know. It will get leaked from there.

triad636
09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
i agree, i can almost guarantee that their new cd will get leaked, or at least some songs.
who cares if it leaks?, im not going to download it, im going to wait until its released, id rather wait to hear it... ;)

TheNothingSong
09-14-2005, 03:27 PM
^ i'm not sure about that. You will "hear" it either way. all though it would be like getting your presents before christmas. and that sucks. it makes christmas really boring.
i think i will wait too. i hope it isnt too long if it leaks before the album comes out.
- what if tool produce it in secrecy or something, set up the press to do it themselves? not by themselves, but.. security like and dont let anyone out with any shit. how many people does it take?

awaking
09-14-2005, 03:41 PM
any of u TOOLS that say you're not gonna listen to it before its in stores are.. soooo Lame. This is Tool, why the fuck wouldn't u wanna hear a new Tool song. don't give me this bs. 'I wanna hear it as a whole' For all you know they aren't making a album that syynchs together.. I will DL it if I can, then of course buy it.. then proceed to buy another one once my first copy breaks..like always

eulogys
09-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Once it goes to into production, people will know. It will get leaked from there.

That didn't happen with Lateralus, so why would you expect it to happen this time

MasterOfKtulu109
09-14-2005, 04:21 PM
That didn't happen with Lateralus, so why would you expect it to happen this time

The internet has changed a lot in the last 5 years since Lateralus came out.

If it sits on the shelf for 6 months before release, the greater the chance of it coming out online sooner.

killershears
09-14-2005, 04:39 PM
any of u TOOLS that say you're not gonna listen to it before its in stores are.. soooo Lame. This is Tool, why the fuck wouldn't u wanna hear a new Tool song. don't give me this bs. 'I wanna hear it as a whole' For all you know they aren't making a album that syynchs together.. I will DL it if I can, then of course buy it.. then proceed to buy another one once my first copy breaks..like always

Amen, man. Folks here saying they are going to wait are just fucking lying to themselves and to everyone here.

ATARI
09-14-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm going to buy the album anyway, but I'm going to download at least a few tracks just to hold me over.

docder
09-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Amen, man. Folks here saying they are going to wait are just fucking lying to themselves and to everyone here.

Wow, the testosterone! Man, I really miss being that fired up! Hey man, if it makes y'all happy...send me some links to the "leaked" (REAL) new Tool songs and I'll d/L them.

STILL, it is much sweeter to pick the album up on release day, hide away in your room, and press play....over and over again. You'll never forget it!

MasterOfKtulu109
09-14-2005, 09:35 PM

I'm gonna wait. I wanna have a hard copy to walk out of the store with, go home, and put it on and listen to the whole thing. No internet leak, shitty rip, individual songs.

You only get one first impression.

Goldfoot
09-14-2005, 11:05 PM

If it sits on the shelf for 6 months before release, the greater the chance of it coming out online sooner.

Exactly. Did anything leak back then? If so, it wasn't as wide-spread and early as now.

D-Day_Daddy
09-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Yes things were leaked back then. I remember downloading a Blind Gaurdian album a month and a half before it was released, I've since then outgrown that band, but the same could happen with the new Tool album. And while I would love to say that if the album is leaked that I would not download it. But I've also out grown lying to myself. I would download it the second I found out. I would burn it, listen to it, and then buy it on the release date. Have we not waited long enough? Now on the other hand, I would not burn copies for friends unless they were going to buy it as well. That would be taking away from the band. I do burn Cds for freinds once in a while, only because I won't lend out the original CD, but I make sure to get the copy back.

Intertwined
09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
You tell stories like the guy in your avatar.

That's good.

Tool's album will probably not leak a month before in my opinion, maybe two weeks or so, but I don't think over a month.

triad636
09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
STILL, it is much sweeter to pick the album up on release day, hide away in your room, and press play....over and over again. You'll never forget it!

fuck, i couldn't have said that better myself, that is ecactly what im going to do.. ;)

eulogys
09-16-2005, 06:55 AM

What I was saying has nothing to do with the internet. for example, I had Mer de Noms burned 2 weeks before it got released, reason being someone had a copy of it and put it on the internet. In order for an album to get leaked, a copy of it has to end up in someones hand in order for it to reach the internet and if they did such a good job of not allowing that to happen with Lateralus, what makes you think it will be any different this time around.

Besides that, why do you think its gonna sit on a shelf for 6 months?

D-Day_Daddy
09-28-2005, 05:32 PM
So, the Volto! show starts in about two hours, anyone from the hollywood area planning on being there? I'm on the ther side of the country or I would go.

docder
09-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Hell yeah!!!

First 117 people through the door get the limited edition NEW TOOL ALBUM!!!!