PDA

View Full Version : Opening sound on "The Grudge"

Ocelot199
09-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I just went to see Skeleton Key (which was kinda okay...), and during this one part you can hear the exact sound that opens "The Grudge" (the mechanical thing starting up). If anyones planning on seeing it, its during the part when the main bitch is on the phone with the cops, and the old bitch goes up the old elevator. When that elevator starts going, it makes the same exact noise from "The Grudge". Dunno if this matters to anybody, but it startled me to hear it. I guess that kinda solves the mystery of what that noise is, or something...

the mechanic
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
some sound effects can be found in multiple places. ive heard the same scream, the same baby's cry, the same lion's roar, etc. in multiple movies.

Ocelot199
09-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Fine, make me feel stupid. I thought it was cool, though.

vinegar_tom
09-10-2005, 08:49 PM
I just went to see Skeleton Key (which was kinda okay...), and during this one part you can hear the exact sound that opens "The Grudge" (the mechanical thing starting up). If anyones planning on seeing it, its during the part when the main bitch is on the phone with the cops, and the old bitch goes up the old elevator. When that elevator starts going, it makes the same exact noise from "The Grudge". Dunno if this matters to anybody, but it startled me to hear it. I guess that kinda solves the mystery of what that noise is, or something...
I saw that movie Monday. I didn't notice that sound. But yeah, I always imagined a lift of some sort.

And, to comment on the recycled sound effects notion, I was actually gonna start a thread about that one time. No need now. I have as well heard many of the same sounds used over and over. One that comes to mind is from that carfax commercial where that old lady backs into that tree. I'm pretty sure that grunting noise you hear is from Goldeneye. At least, that' s where I heard it first. I feel like Goldeneye must of pioneered sound effects or something. Cause I hear Goldeneye SFX everywhere. Just little noises like a gun cocking or a door opening.

Misanthrope
09-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah it's a prefab sound effect, I'm pretty sure I heard the same thing in Speed also.

clarity.
09-10-2005, 09:04 PM
There's a similar sound like it in the quiet parts of Ticks & Leeches I think. Or maybe I was just really high when I listened to it.

cornerstone
09-10-2005, 09:36 PM
It's in the opener of the animated series "Dilbert" as well.

nthistogether
09-10-2005, 09:44 PM
One that comes to mind is from that carfax commercial where that old lady backs into that tree. I'm pretty sure that grunting noise you hear is from Goldeneye. At least, that' s where I heard it first. I feel like Goldeneye must of pioneered sound effects or something. Cause I hear Goldeneye SFX everywhere. Just little noises like a gun cocking or a door opening.

True that, the Goldeneye grunt is everywhere.

Maybe the two noises are similar, not the same thing. The 'opening sound on The Grudge' could be a lot of things.

Spoon
09-10-2005, 10:15 PM
I usually picture an old film projector...

ATARI
09-11-2005, 04:22 PM
There's a similar sound like it in the quiet parts of Ticks & Leeches I think. Or maybe I was just really high when I listened to it.

I've heard it too. That's why I've always thought the two songs were connected in some way

s ti N Kfizt
09-12-2005, 02:18 AM
I'm going to buy Skeleton Key, cuz of this..
is it a movie? laaaazyyyyy... asdasd.

ATARI
09-12-2005, 03:37 PM
no it's a food

Underalus
09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard that sound sometime in Hostage as well, but I can't for the life of me remember when.

Bogart
09-20-2005, 09:36 AM
i know what part you are talking about, i thought the same thing.

Foamy
10-06-2005, 03:25 AM
I think I heard that sound in one of the Quake games too. I also heard it in Holby City when a dr was in a lift with a cripple.

Mantra Man
10-08-2005, 01:18 AM
i hope i never know what that sound is, i like it to be everything and nothing at the same time........