PDA

View Full Version : Album Subject Matter

simon
09-09-2005, 05:00 AM
I remember reading somewhere that Justin referred to third eye as "the sum up of the whole album's subject matter". This is interesting as the lyrics in this song have significance to the subject matter of each song.

Then again i'm here to give my opinion so here it is.
I believe 'third eye' sums up the whole album through one message.
This message is that there is a lot of ways to interpret reality.
I recieve these indications based on two things:

1. The samples at the start of the song are from a comedian "Bill Hicks". On the original audio sample, Hicks states that there "is a lot of different ways to look at the world...and not just the way you hear it over the T.V".

2. On the salival DVD live version of this song, the sample is all about "questioning authority and their views of reality".

Basically this song sums up this whole opinion page as well. I say this because there are infinite ways to interpret MJK's lyrics, and we are not meant to know the real meanings or else we would not be experiencing the music and the lyrics and using our minds to think about what we are hearing.

pathological2
09-09-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah, the whole album (along with other Tool albums) have to do with your third eye. "Embracing YOU, THIS REALITY HERE..". The "you" being the third eye reality. On Aenima especially, though. I consider this the deepest of the albums. Songs like "H.", "Pushit", "Forty-six and Two", "Jimmy", and of course "Third Eye" are all intertwined with being in another reality to acheive something. Accessing the third eye reality to get out of apathetic existence. To communicate with your spirit and live life to the fullest.

Archetypically
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
And I feel this coming over like a storm again.

pathological2
09-11-2005, 06:20 AM
...now

chuckie sol
09-24-2005, 12:23 PM
considerately....