PDA

View Full Version : Title as a metaphor

Typx
02-19-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm sure someone else has already posted this but I'm to lazy to look...

OK, Hooker With A Penis is about selling out, without getting into anything more specific, thats the basic idea.

So the title, Hooker = Someone who sells their body for money. Penis = Sexual organ of a male.
Hooker with a penis = A male hooker.

And in the case of this song it is how Maynard is selling his music (instead of his body) to make money. Though, he is more successful than any hooker because he is only $20 and on the shelf of every music store.

Make any sense?

sircorn
03-08-2003, 10:36 PM
perfect sense ,but its about the guy in the song not maynard. i suppose it is somewhat about maynard. Owell

Nirvana
03-09-2003, 05:35 AM
some say MJK only sings about himself...
who knows?

Meaningless Post:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

Nig
05-08-2003, 10:56 PM
i am also lazy and am sure that someone has posted this too! but i can see where you are comming from, but have to agree that it is not about himself but about the boy. As you did say a hooker is someone who sells themselfs, but the boy is us, the biggest sellout of all; a coprate whore. we pay to advertise everything we buy, practically. now the name "hooker with a penis" i think is a metaphore also, but, the people selling out, like i said, us, the boy, and the penis is also a metaphore. steriotypically guys are seen to "think with their penis", damm horny c*nts. now imagine us, we buy popular logos, pay rediculas amounts of money, because why? whe are told to through advertisement, and then we ourselfs become a walking billboard. i dont really know how to put two and two together to make it damm obvious or show what im thinking, but seeing im making this up as i go along, hopefully you can see where im comming from, in another way i spose you could simply say it is (keeping in mind the metaphore of men and their penis') ...imainge a hooker with a penis....F8ck anything that walks, as we buy anything we are told to. we are corperate whores, hookers with a penis. now to relate it to the song, we generally are always finding bands, actors etc and demonting their moral and ethical values when we see them on one too many adds and say they are a "sell out", as the steriotypical boy said to the band. keeping it short and simple, we are also hypocrites or how ever you spell it. what you guys think??

dawn
05-08-2003, 11:04 PM
...good prevention of over analysis...

Fifty & 2
05-18-2003, 09:30 PM
im cannot remember where i read it but someone posted something along the lines that it could also be a metaphor for fans in general, that eventually fucks you over... just somethin i remember reading (possibly the FAQ)

ParanoidMartyr
05-29-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Fifty & 2
im cannot remember where i read it but someone posted something along the lines that it could also be a metaphor for fans in general, that eventually fucks you over... just somethin i remember reading (possibly the FAQ)

i've always consider the title as a reference to the vulnerability of being fucked (hooker) but having at the same time the ability to fuck (penis). something like a very nasty circle. and reciprocal: if fans can point their fingers to the band, of course the band can point their fingers up their ass as well, hehehe

anyone backing me up?

.cfb
06-01-2003, 02:07 PM
I think that Maynard said somewhere something to the likeness of this:

It's like, you get a hooker, and it's all good, but then: SURPRISE! She's got a penis. BONUS!

I'm not too sure what he meant, but...

sircorn
06-03-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by .cfb
I think that Maynard said somewhere something to the likeness of this:

It's like, you get a hooker, and it's all good, but then: SURPRISE! She's got a penis. BONUS!

I'm not too sure what he meant, but...

Well, you got what you wanted (someone to do what you want), but its not what you expected. It isn't good.