PDA

View Full Version : Why the new tool album wont be out soon

moneyisevil
09-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Okay..prior to Lateralus's release TOOL toured 4 shows in the US before going off to Europe,,,i was lucky enough to attend the Hammerstein show on May 20th(yes i did pay 140 for a GA ticket but hey i had never seen them plus they played for over 2 1/2 of just them..AN EVENING WITH TOOL is what it says on the ticket)

So my prediction is that when the album comes out a tour will immediatley follow...im sure they are gonna "warm up" by probably having 4 US shows before going to Europe, because TOOL tends to tour Europe before the US...

My point being that if the album comes out SOON that will mean that a tour has already been set up and that these guys wont be home for the holidays and the new year..i predict that they will release the album after the holidays so they can start touring for it...maybe release it in feb. like DC said...

I really dont see TOOL releasing the album b/c i dont think they are ready or possibly dont wanna tour in Dec/Jan for personal reasons...im just guessing here i could be wrong..but dont u think the band would wanna wait till the holiday season is over and then go out on the road and leave family/friends behind? makes more sense then just whipping out an album, touring, and maybe getting lost due to xmas etc..

plus so many other big bands are touring...

awaking
09-04-2005, 08:23 PM
well on tDn it says they have a tour planned or some shit for the summer 06 for Europe.. so album comes out april? quick tour in may.. then off to europe

Cid
09-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Okay..prior to Lateralus's release TOOL toured 4 shows in the US before going off to Europe,,,i was lucky enough to attend the Hammerstein show on May 20th(yes i did pay 140 for a GA ticket but hey i had never seen them plus they played for over 2 1/2 of just them..AN EVENING WITH TOOL is what it says on the ticket)

an evening with tool.....that was an amazing show. i had seats, first row on the balcony, but i only paid face value for the tix from ticketmaster. it was one of the best i've seen. that was the one with david cross right? or some comedian to start, and then said "here's tool you fuckin ******s". i'm pretty sure that was the show that happened.

MasterOfKtulu109
09-04-2005, 10:33 PM
i highly doubt they will tour immediately after. they want the music to be savored and to sink in before people start hearing it live. im guessing at least 2 or 3 months between the album and the first tour. isnt it true that maynard doesnt even release the official lyrics until a few weeks after the album comes out because he wants the music to sink in first.

i dont want a tour immediately after. i have a feeling this will be an album that could take a month of listening to actually have a feel for it and an opinion about it.

Chris Myth
09-05-2005, 12:02 AM
actually official lyrics for lateralus started popping up on toolband and toolshed well before lateralus came out... first lyrics for schism were posted then other songs were posted as time went on... i don't see why the band wouldn't do this for the upcoming album as well, it hyped the album and helped satiate tool-hungry fans until the album was released, although i think i'd rather wait for this album to come out to hear the words...

Intertwined
09-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Yeah definitely after Feb imo. The dvd will come out sometime before then though. Maybe another dvd-cd combo like Salival. ;)

triad636
09-05-2005, 07:55 AM
an evening with tool.....that was an amazing show. i had seats, first row on the balcony, but i only paid face value for the tix from ticketmaster. it was one of the best i've seen. that was the one with david cross right? or some comedian to start, and then said "here's tool you fuckin ******s". i'm pretty sure that was the show that happened.
the guy who said that is brian posehn...

moneyisevil
09-05-2005, 09:23 AM

yeah where some comedians were like "heres timmy...timmy is got a problem where he ages faster than everyone....hes gonna die half way through the show but who cares he still here..." something like that remember?

yeah it was a great show all the greats were played...<<wipes a tear from his eye>>
it was my first tool experience as well....what a fucken show...

moneyisevil
09-05-2005, 09:25 AM
i highly doubt they will tour immediately after. they want the music to be savored and to sink in before people start hearing it live. im guessing at least 2 or 3 months between the album and the first tour. isnt it true that maynard doesnt even release the official lyrics until a few weeks after the album comes out because he wants the music to sink in first.

i dont want a tour immediately after. i have a feeling this will be an album that could take a month of listening to actually have a feel for it and an opinion about it.

this is not going ot happen....look how they have done things before...deffinatley gonna release the album...MINI TOUR and thats that..does anyone remember the ISIS thing...

my guess is that t hey're gonna have a MINI TOUR with ISIS for the US then go to Europe....you watch itll happen

tomXwithXweather
09-05-2005, 11:29 AM
january 24 06

Cid
09-05-2005, 11:53 AM
the guy who said that is brian posehn...

ahhh...i didn't get the name and i was far back. looked like david cross from where i was, and i know he and the band know each other. anyway, thanks for correcting me.

Cid
09-05-2005, 11:54 AM
yeah where some comedians were like "heres timmy...timmy is got a problem where he ages faster than everyone....hes gonna die half way through the show but who cares he still here..." something like that remember?

yeah it was a great show all the greats were played...<<wipes a tear from his eye>>
it was my first tool experience as well....what a fucken show...

yea, that's exactly what it was.....funny stuff.

moneyisevil
09-05-2005, 12:05 PM
im pretty sure tool is going to the do the EXACT same thing...4 US tour dates than off to Europe...

hopefully i get a fucken ticket

i scalped a ticket from this sketchy dude..me and my friends bought 3 tickets for $420...me and one of my friends got right in but the other friend was stopped by security saying that she had purchased a fake ticket...long story short she was let in prompting me to think that we had purchased 3 fake tickets

heard in atlanta the showed got postponed for hours cuz like 2000 extra people got in the venue with fake tickets...

the hammerstein show had ticketmaster personel there...

whew we were lucky to get in..

but yeah anyone remember blair saying minitaur + taurus = GeneISIS??

here it is

MINI TOUR

US

ISIS

thats whats up i think

Hodge
09-05-2005, 12:30 PM
that sounds very plausible

with genesis meaning beginning...perhaps beginning of the new year, january 06

5th Eye
09-06-2005, 05:26 AM
I have a bootleg of that comedian plus The Grudge from that show...hilarious.

triad636
09-06-2005, 05:43 AM
ahhh...i didn't get the name and i was far back. looked like david cross from where i was, and i know he and the band know each other. anyway, thanks for correcting me.
heh, we had a bit of a misunderstanding, david corss was there but the guy who came out after him was brian posehn..

triad636
09-06-2005, 05:44 AM
as do i, funny shit that was

moneyisevil
09-06-2005, 06:13 AM

yove gotta let me see that!!!!

5th Eye
09-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, I'll have to go get it from my computer downstairs to up here, but if you ever see me on AIM just ask and I'll be more than happy to go out of my way to send it to anyone.

champion
09-07-2005, 04:53 AM
*geMINI + TAURUS = MIN(O)TAUR (See: GenISIS)

moneyisevil
09-07-2005, 08:56 AM
*geMINI + TAURUS = MIN(O)TAUR (See: GenISIS)

thats whatim saying

MINI TOUR U.S (united states) WITH ISIS

how can u not come up with that? does anyone else see that?

when the album comes out a tour WILL immediatley follow...so they couldb e getitng the tour ready now

Wretched
09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Actually, I was just at the live Tool concert with Isis. It sucked. They played new shit that I couldn't sing too. Fuckers.

moneyisevil
09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Actually, I was just at the live Tool concert with Isis. It sucked. They played new shit that I couldn't sing too. Fuckers.

awsome

Perseensilmä
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
i scalped a ticket from this sketchy dude..me and my friends bought 3 tickets for $420...

Desperate idiot. $100 a ticket? Idiotic.

Chris_Brightwell
09-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Desperate idiot. $100 a ticket? Idiotic.Hey, I paid $150 for my ticket to see them in The Tabernacle on opening night, and it was worth every penny.

Would I do it again? Probably not. Am I glad I did it? Hell yes.

Perseensilmä
09-07-2005, 12:39 PM
$100-150 is a lot. But who am I to call people idiots cuz they pay too much for their tickets? I guess it would be healthier for me to spend the money on a Tool concert than drinking three or four nights in a night club.

champion
09-07-2005, 12:51 PM
100 bucks for the best experience of my life? i'll take it.

moneyisevil
09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
100 bucks for the best experience of my life? i'll take it.

i agree best show i have ever been too? ...hahah most u here at tdn couldnt even fathom how fucken amazing the show was...........

idiots!?!?! ur the idiots for missing a once in a life time show! AN EVENING WITH TOOL!! hahah u'll never get to see it...regardless on how much u pay!!! 140 was a little steep but who cares it was my first time seeing them...its funny how most of u here say ur "diehard" fans but havent even been to ONE show...

Chris_Brightwell
09-07-2005, 01:23 PM
ur the idiotsAm I the only one seeing the humor here?

Perseensilmä
09-07-2005, 01:24 PM
ur the idiots for missing a once in a life time show! AN EVENING WITH TOOL!! hahah u'll never get to see it...regardless on how much u pay!!!

well, if about two hours is the whole EVENING with Tool, then I wouldn't like to see the HALF an evening with tool.

moneyisevil
09-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Am I the only one seeing the humor here?

hahahah yeah i guess that was dumb for me to say

Perseensilmä
09-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Am I the only one seeing the humor here?

weirdo

triad636
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
i have a question for those of you who have seen tool more than once... how much do tickets usually cost? im hoping regular tickit price isnt in the 100's :( when i saw apc it was like 30 a ticket.. is it about the same for tool or is it more?

Chris_Brightwell
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
i have a question for those of you who have seen tool more than once... how much do tickets usually cost? im hoping regular tickit price isnt in the 100's :( when i saw apc it was like 30 a ticket.. is it about the same for tool or is it more?
You can expect tickets to run $35 or so, plus whatever fees your ticket company applies.

(-) Thoth
09-07-2005, 04:01 PM
It'll be about 35-50$, plus ticketmaster charges.

triad636
09-07-2005, 04:05 PM
You can expect tickets to run $35 or so, plus whatever fees your ticket company applies.
cool thanx man :) thats a releif i wouldnt mind paying that for what people have described as the best live band.. i cant believe ive never seen them :( i am definately going on this next tour..

Spongebob
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
fuck its gonna cost me $600 to see tool when they come to NZ,

3 tickets at like $80 each, then 3 plane tickets all around the country, averaging around $100 each.

im saving up in the summer holidays (americas winter).

i dont know why its stupid to spend that much on too, people spend thousands on cars and houses and otehr boring shit, id rather go cheap on those things and spend hundreds on the stuff that matters.

moneyisevil
09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
fuck its gonna cost me $600 to see tool when they come to NZ,

3 tickets at like $80 each, then 3 plane tickets all around the country, averaging around $100 each.

im saving up in the summer holidays (americas winter).

i dont know why its stupid to spend that much on too, people spend thousands on cars and houses and otehr boring shit, id rather go cheap on those things and spend hundreds on the stuff that matters.

damn 600 buckeroo...but you know it will be worth it...im praying i get tickets off ticketmaster when they go on sale..

anyone know if TA get access to presale or whatever? i might just join it for that if they do...

i really dont wanna pay more than 100 for a ticket...i dont mind paying 100..this may be their last tour

Gouldius
09-07-2005, 04:46 PM
thats whatim saying

MINI TOUR U.S (united states) WITH ISIS

how can u not come up with that? does anyone else see that?

when the album comes out a tour WILL immediatley follow...so they couldb e getitng the tour ready now

I think this guy is onto something!

Fuckers better make good bootlegs! :D

ATARI
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
yeah the lateralus ones sound and look like shite

triad636
09-07-2005, 05:42 PM
yeah the lateralus ones sound and look like shite
i beg to differ, i have a really good bootleg its a full concert sounds and looks amazing, best tool vid i have... all 4 gigs of it

ATARI
09-07-2005, 05:53 PM
i beg to differ, i have a really good bootleg its a full concert sounds and looks amazing, best tool vid i have... all 4 gigs of it

well i've downloaded a few, but they were like 800/900 megs. Those were pretty bad. Haven't seen any above 1.5 gigs though

ATARI
09-07-2005, 06:01 PM
what is it (Location, Date, etc?) so I can check up on it?

triad636
09-07-2005, 06:02 PM
what is it (Location, Date, etc?) so I can check up on it?
if i can find it on bittorent ill give you the link..
edit: i found it it says 11-16-02 but if i remeber correctly it was either from the day before or the day after, that date wasnt correct... the torrent is almost dead so get to downloading asap i guess..
http://torrentspy.com/search.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=230088&query=tool+2002+

Chris_Brightwell
09-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Fuckers better make good bootlegs! :DWhy don't you buy some gear and tape it yourself?

triad636
09-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Why don't you buy some gear and tape it yourself?
how easy is it to sneak a camera into the venue, i know they probably have a search, they did at the apc show i went to...

Chris_Brightwell
09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
yeah the lateralus ones sound and look like shiteYou've been trading with the wrong folks, then.

MasterOfKtulu109
09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
damn 600 buckeroo...but you know it will be worth it...im praying i get tickets off ticketmaster when they go on sale..

anyone know if TA get access to presale or whatever? i might just join it for that if they do...

i really dont wanna pay more than 100 for a ticket...i dont mind paying 100..this may be their last tour

i will be very disappointed if tool starts going the U2/Dave matthews route of ripping off the fans. i dont think they will but u never know. im guessing they'll stay in the $50 range.

just buy them off of ticketmaster. i go to the kansas city shows (which is not a tough place to get tickets, they still sell out but its not a major metropolis like LA or chicago). ive gotten 1st and 2nd row the 2 times ive seen em by buying em off ticketmaster.

rimb
09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
You've been trading with the wrong folks, then.

Probably mp3s...

Gouldius
09-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Why don't you buy some gear and tape it yourself?

Yeah, good suggestion Chris, seeing as I live in Australia and the tour will supposedly be in the USA.

/o\

Chris_Brightwell
09-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah, good suggestion Chris, seeing as I live in Australia and the tour will supposedly be in the USA. Large bodies of water have failed to stop some people I know.

I know the guy who flew from England to LA/Phoenix for the '98 minitour and taped all four shows. I know a guy who flew from metro Boston to London to tape a show.

Distance is hardly a problem. :P

Gouldius
09-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I bet your friends weren't welfare supported students!

fraz
09-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I bet your friends weren't welfare supported students!

good comeback

Chris_Brightwell
09-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I bet your friends weren't welfare supported students!It's all about priorities, my friend. :)

Perseensilmä
09-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah, Jesus didn't eat in 40 days so why couldn't you too be without food for a while?

Gouldius
09-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Are you comparing me to jesus?

Er... Thanks?!

moneyisevil
09-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Are you comparing me to jesus?

Er... Thanks?!

living by NYC TOOL tickets are hard to come by

and does TA get to purchase tickets early?!?!?!

ATARI
09-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Torrent doesn't seem to work, but I did find a iso on DC++ that seems to be it, which I am currently downloading

triad636
09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Torrent doesn't seem to work, but I did find a iso on DC++ that seems to be it, which I am currently downloading
hey could u give a link cuz vinegar_tom wants it aswell but the torrent isnt working

Spongebob
09-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah, good suggestion Chris, seeing as I live in Australia and the tour will supposedly be in the USA.

/o\

tool will play in australia, probably like 5 shows.

they will play staright after they come to NZ, which wont be logn after the album comes out.

im organising getting the NZ shows taped, im not gonna be taping them, but i might be able to help my friend who is in some sort of way.

DONT TELL TOOL!

Spongebob
09-09-2005, 05:26 PM
www.dimeadozen.org for heaps of great bootlegs via torrent.

Gouldius
09-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Yep can't wait to see them when they hit Brizzo. They're very good with their Oceanic tours, going to NZ and all. Something many bands rarely do. Bastards.

Goldfoot
09-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Stupid question... What do you do with the torrent file once you download it? What do you use to play it? Thanks for any help.

A torrent just downloads the files. It should give you MP3s or video files.

moneyisevil
09-09-2005, 10:32 PM
uhhh ?????? why wont the tool album be out in 2005?

Goldfoot
09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
uhhh ?????? why wont the tool album be out in 2005?
Because it's not done yet.

triad636
09-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Stupid question... What do you do with the torrent file once you download it? What do you use to play it? Thanks for any help.
well you need something to pull the rile out of the torrent, get a torrent downloader like bittorent then open the torrent file in there, and once its done downloading you have your file...

ATARI
09-10-2005, 08:29 AM
hey could u give a link cuz vinegar_tom wants it aswell but the torrent isnt working

wish i could, but DC++ is a within its own self and you have to get it through the program.

i did finish downloading it. it's 4.5gb. I'm pretty sure it's not the one you were referring to, but it's pretty good.

ATARI
09-10-2005, 08:30 AM
As a side note, it's of the last Lateralus concert, which is pretty cool (11-24-02).

I don't really know much about torrents and such, but if someone really wants it, I might be able to try that or something.

Goldfoot
09-10-2005, 10:03 AM
As a side note, it's of the last Lateralus concert, which is pretty cool (11-24-02).

I don't really know much about torrents and such, but if someone really wants it, I might be able to try that or something.

I really want it, but I can't download torrents.:(