PDA

View Full Version : IF ITS A DOUBLE ALBUM WE'LL ALL OVERDOSE

moneyisevil
09-04-2005, 07:49 PM
this thought came to my head...if Tool comes out with a double album it MIGHT be too much...

yes this is my first post HOWEVER i have been visiting this site since pre-lateralus and never been able to get an account until now!!! thank u TDN for opening my eyes to things i never would have found...

yes i was the one who ran into alex grey....and eveything he said was truthful so all u haters...hahahah...sucks that style wont be on the album....

anyways back to the matter at hand...

i seriously cant wait for the new TOOL album i check toolband many times a day...

i am salivating waiting for this shit....

Bogart
09-04-2005, 08:00 PM
this thought came to my head...if Tool comes out with a double album it MIGHT be too much...

yes this is my first post HOWEVER i have been visiting this site since pre-lateralus and never been able to get an account until now!!! thank u TDN for opening my eyes to things i never would have found...

yes i was the one who ran into alex grey....and eveything he said was truthful so all u haters...hahahah...sucks that style wont be on the album....

anyways back to the matter at hand...

i seriously cant wait for the new TOOL album i check toolband many times a day...

i am salivating waiting for this shit....
i doubt it

ATObassist
09-04-2005, 08:08 PM
the thought of a double album came into my mind as well a while ago. once i heard that they had an 18 minute song as well as one/multiple 10-12 minute song(s) i thought it could happen. i think if it does happen however it wont be a packed double CD set, more like the wall, where each CD would contain about 45 minutes of music.

Goldfoot
09-04-2005, 08:41 PM
the thought of a double album came into my mind as well a while ago. once i heard that they had an 18 minute song as well as one/multiple 10-12 minute song(s) i thought it could happen. i think if it does happen however it wont be a packed double CD set, more like the wall, where each CD would contain about 45 minutes of music.

I doubt it will be a double album, but if it was I'd guess about an hour on each CD.

PoonTaco
09-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I think it's likely.

TTM
09-04-2005, 09:43 PM
where are people actually getting this double album idea from?

Goldfoot
09-04-2005, 09:44 PM
where are people actually getting this double album idea from?

The two-hearted turkey.

Bogart
09-05-2005, 06:43 AM
i believe it will be a double album as well as their last album

KJM
09-05-2005, 08:08 AM
not a rumor

Man In The Box
09-05-2005, 08:16 AM

I believe you're full of shit.

matt1000
09-05-2005, 08:19 AM
^ finally a child i can agree with.

i hate it how you idiots think you know what tool are thinking.

MasterOfKtulu109
09-05-2005, 08:27 AM

i agree. i really cannot see tool putting in another 5 years to tour and make another album after this. they're not spring chickens anymore, and ive heard that they are kinda fed up with the way the music industry is.

its better to go out on top than to release 2 or 3 shitty albums at the end of their career, like a lot of bands end up doing.

fraz
09-05-2005, 03:46 PM
i'd prefer a double album, but after mars volta's frances the mute with the 30 odd minute song - a single CD tool album with about 4-5 tracks seems very possible.

ATARI
09-05-2005, 04:48 PM
I've always prefered single albums (like the 78 minute along kind of thing ) over the double album. If it's a double album it had better be working VERY hard and be VERY good like The Wall, otherwise it falls flat on it's face in mediocrity (like The Fragile or 6DOIT did)

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
09-05-2005, 04:52 PM
If it's a double album it had better be working VERY hard and be VERY good like The Wall, otherwise it falls flat on it's face in mediocrity (like The Fragile or 6DOIT did)
This is where we disagree. TF was awesome, IMO. I do however agree that if tool were to do a double album (which I'm pretty goddamn sure they won't), that they better make every second worth it. Also, It'd be nice if the double album which will never exist went on for 150 minutes, making full use of both discs.

myNick
09-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Triple album... 78 minutes each... And, in 2009, they re-edit it on six vinyls... 12 sides...

Well... not really...

s ti N Kfizt
09-06-2005, 04:55 AM
I also thought/think that it would be ''overdose'' .. it's simple if it's one cd.
80 mins could be cool.

Wretched
09-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I plan to listen to the CD as I overdose on heroin. Just because I can.

TurdEye13
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
It is a very real possibility considering they have almost a whole album's worth of material left over from Lateralus!!!! According to Mr. Danny Carey.

Goldfoot
09-06-2005, 11:17 PM
It is a very real possibility considering they have almost a whole album's worth of material left over from Lateralus!!!! According to Mr. Danny Carey.

That doesn't mean they plan to use it.

dracomordag
09-07-2005, 06:03 AM
That doesn't mean they plan to use it.

Yea, bands always have material left over after albums... see the discussion about NIN's "With Teeth" in another thread. "Home" and "v2" were left off the album... Dream Theater had a CD's worth of material after FII, but never officially used it...

Very few bands write exactly a CD's worth of material and put it all on.

Intertwined
09-07-2005, 06:05 AM
They should make a leftovers cd then.

It would sell.

Timothy
09-07-2005, 06:06 AM
^ That's right. It probably sounds dated now, anyway.

Plus, I don't know about "almost a whole albums worth". I only remember DC saying there were a few bits & pieces.

48&2
09-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Personally I think they will release 9 CD's, they will be called F I R E F L and Y, they will each have a song that is 80 minutes long, actuarlly I know this is true because it was on the HMV release date page. We all know that when you divide 9 into 666 you get 74, meaning that teleincision will run for 74 minutes which as we all know will be tool's version of 'the wall'. Anyway hope that clears things up, if you don't believe me then I think you need to pry open your third eye and rediscover communication.

Goldfoot
09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
^ That's right. It probably sounds dated now, anyway.

Plus, I don't know about "almost a whole albums worth". I only remember DC saying there were a few bits & pieces.

The only thing I remember him saying was that they left off some fillers and interludes or whatever in order to fit Lateralus on the 80 minute CD. I've not read every interview though.

Edit: Damnit, I quoted the wrong post at first.

ATObassist
09-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Yea, bands always have material left over after albums... see the discussion about NIN's "With Teeth" in another thread. "Home" and "v2" were left off the album... Dream Theater had a CD's worth of material after FII, but never officially used it...

not all bands have b side material. geddy lee has been quoted as saying that rush has never recorded a song they didnt release.

moneyisevil
09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
who would want to hear left over lateralus anyway?

jk

clarity.
09-08-2005, 04:40 AM
Me.

martyr
09-08-2005, 10:07 AM
hence the 'jk' at the end

Abaculus
09-08-2005, 12:20 PM

With Teeth was only half of two albums worth of material Trent finished - his next album is already completed and in the can....and hopefully its equally as good.
Weezer has literally 100s of tracks in the can that will never be released.
Smashing Pumpkins were very prolific - Melancholy had twice as many tracks than were released, and half were on piano. Pisces Iscariot is Siamese Dream outtakes. The gish outtakes still haven't been released, and Machina was made as a double album (but machina II never came out officially). There are plenty of other artists who have no unreleased songs, tho.

Abaculus
09-08-2005, 12:31 PM
They should make a leftovers cd then.

It would sell.

They did....it was called Salival and had live tracks and unreleased AEnima material. Tool will most likely release another cd/dvd package with videos from Lateralus and the new album, and that would be a good spot for unreleased Lateralus material.

Goldfoot
09-08-2005, 05:38 PM
They did....it was called Salival and had live tracks and unreleased AEnima material. Tool will most likely release another cd/dvd package with videos from Lateralus and the new album, and that would be a good spot for unreleased Lateralus material.

There's only two videos though. I don't think they'd put the new one on it if it came out before the new album. I mean, I'd buy it, but I'd hope for some live footage too which is what I'm hearing would be on it. Anyway, is there any evidence there are actual songs left over from Lateralus? On Salival there was just No Quarter and Maynard's Dick. Not much there since everything else was live.