PDA

View Full Version : Influences from APC

Naga Royal Guard
09-04-2005, 06:41 PM
some people think that Tool will follow APC since they already confirmed they will follow rammestein, st anger, sacred lamb and meschugah for their next album, becoming a harder heavy metal band

UtUmNo1
09-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Who is st anger and what have they released?

Goldfoot
09-04-2005, 07:16 PM

You gotta know they mean the Metallica CD.

Bogart
09-04-2005, 08:02 PM
youre a bad speller

ATObassist
09-04-2005, 08:11 PM
if the CD is anything like st. anger i'll never buy another tool cd again.

Naga Royal Guard
09-04-2005, 08:38 PM
you are

MasterOfKtulu109
09-04-2005, 10:29 PM
some people think that Tool will follow APC since they already confirmed they will follow rammestein, st anger, sacred lamb and meschugah for their next album, becoming a harder heavy metal band

i honestly have no idea what this says.

Lorre
09-05-2005, 01:38 AM

Amen.

The same if it'd sound like Rammstein...

TMAB2003
09-05-2005, 01:46 AM
umm...I am sure TOOL will stick to their OWN style...I find their music unique...and I am sure that will be the case with ALL future albums...no matter WHAT they bluff us with...

s ti N Kfizt
09-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Actually i can hear the new album's sound in my head, but i can't explain it....

Spongebob
09-05-2005, 02:35 AM
i have no idea what the new sound will be like, its just impossible for me to imagine what they could do with it. its like someone describing what their house looks like, and then when i see it its completly different, but even more mysterious.

at the moment, although i think they will release an album, part of me just cant imagine it happening, the idea of having new tool music is just crazy.

Intertwined
09-05-2005, 05:59 AM
I only want the cd to sound like Tool.

No influences. :(

matt1000
09-05-2005, 06:00 AM
uhh, tool said they were inspired by meshuggah alone, not fucking rammstein or st. anger. don't you ever read.

Intertwined
09-05-2005, 06:07 AM
APC is their other baby too. Or should it be Maynard's other wife? Since the albums are babies? If you combine the two wives on a date it might get a bit messy.

Self_Destructive
09-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Well, I recall Danny saying something like "touring with Meshuggah and Fantômas was a good kick in the teeth" and therefore I'm convinced this album will sound heavier (maybe more like undertow). But not st anger's heavy type... That would be fucking disgusting...

killershears
09-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Something is telling me that everyone is going to hate this next album. And how would Meshuggah be inspiration? They blow.

Self_Destructive
09-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Something is telling me that everyone is going to hate this next album. And how would Meshuggah be inspiration? They blow.
Well, Meshuggah being an inspiration, I guess you gotta ask the band about it...

matt1000
09-05-2005, 06:58 AM
you're 14, what would you know?

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
09-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Something is telling me that everyone is going to hate this next album.
Everyone will love this next album, you motherfucking pessimist.
And how would Meshuggah be inspiration?
Meshuggah toured with tool, so tool would hear how they sounded and get some ideas from them...
They blow.
And you suck.

killershears
09-05-2005, 07:03 AM
you're 14, what would you know?

Good job being a nice dick. I bet that if I was 50 years old, you'd be saying completely different things.

MentalSanityOff
09-05-2005, 07:10 AM
or if its like the new APC CD, I'll be thoroughly pissed off. If I wanted to hear st.anger, I'd buy it. Actually, I'd probably just kill myself and spare myself the humiliation

Self_Destructive
09-05-2005, 07:22 AM
or if its like the new APC CD, I'll be thoroughly pissed off.
I don't think that would happen... They wouldn't spent this huge amount of time working on a album that basically wouldn't have anything new to offer...

KJM
09-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Can people who just make shit up get banned?

Naga Royal Guard
09-05-2005, 08:27 AM
the article is on MTV.com, search bands and news before talking shit to me you asshole

MasterOfKtulu109
09-05-2005, 08:30 AM
when they say inspired by meshuggah, that does not mean their new music will sound like meshuggah. they simply are inspired by the way meshuggah writes their music, and tool might try to go in that direction (song-style and arrangement, not actual sound).

their new album may have different influences, but it will still sound like tool.

placidium
09-05-2005, 08:42 AM
umm...I am sure TOOL will stick to their OWN style...I find their music unique...and I am sure that will be the case with ALL future albums...no matter WHAT they bluff us with...

Actually, St. Anger had it's own style.

And it wasn't that bad.

But if Tool made something even remotely bad you know we'd all fucking kill their children.

Bogart
09-05-2005, 08:54 AM
i hope they are not influenced by apc, i think apc is way overrated, they cant hold a candle to tools music. by the way is apc still together? i thought i had heard billy and maynard werent getting along and they were on a hiatus.

Naga Royal Guard
09-05-2005, 09:40 AM
i hope they are not influenced by apc, i think apc is way overrated, they cant hold a candle to tools music. by the way is apc still together? i thought i had heard billy and maynard werent getting along and they were on a hiatus.

i think maynard was displeased w/ billy's awful singing in emotive

clarity.
09-05-2005, 09:44 AM
emotive sucked. plain and simple.

Naga Royal Guard
09-05-2005, 09:50 AM
yeah, a real downer compared to their first 3 cds

TMAB2003
09-05-2005, 10:22 AM
i like APC's style...and I liked eMotive...

but TOOL is different...and I like them for what they are. Influenced by APC? i don't think so...

moneyisevil
09-05-2005, 11:05 AM
there is no way APC is going to have ANY influence on the new TOOL album

did mer de noms influence Lateralus"? i think not

s ti N Kfizt
09-05-2005, 11:27 AM
i have no idea what the new sound will be like, its just impossible for me to imagine what they could do with it. its like someone describing what their house looks like, and then when i see it its completly different, but even more mysterious.

at the moment, although i think they will release an album, part of me just cant imagine it happening, the idea of having new tool music is just crazy.
Imagine when you first put the cd in your cd-player and hear the first riffs or whatever................ fuck,... fuck. And when the first song has ended you're shcked and then starts next song and then more and more and more.. whole fucking album or double of Tool's music....

How will you start to listen the next one? I don't have any very good listening devices.. should i buy good headphones or...?

moneyisevil
09-05-2005, 12:10 PM
How will you start to listen the next one? I don't have any very good listening devices.. should i buy good headphones or...?

for lateralus i actually had a friend who knew somebody in the business and got a hold of Lateralus before it came out and put it on cassette....i was awed in school when my friend Aja came up to me with the new album on cassette and told me to listen to it...i did just that and was absoloutley blown away by The Grudge. Went home and listened to the whole album a thousand times and bought the CD when it came out!!

As far as other releases such mjk has put out like the Thirteenth step i just got high bymyself and put it in my cd player that has an awsome sound and bass..i listened to the whole thing (thats what u gotta do) and just danced around or just moved around...

Emotive i just got high with a friend and listened to it the whole thing in a garage

as for the new Tool album i think i might just do the same thing...buy the album...go home...get high...and press PLAY...oh god i cant wait for that day!!!!

i probably wanna listen to it with someone maybe...but prolly not cuz i wanna go crazy and dance or jump up and down or whatever

Bogart
09-05-2005, 03:53 PM
for lateralus i actually had a friend who knew somebody in the business and got a hold of Lateralus before it came out and put it on cassette....i was awed in school when my friend Aja came up to me with the new album on cassette and told me to listen to it...i did just that and was absoloutley blown away by The Grudge. Went home and listened to the whole album a thousand times and bought the CD when it came out!!

As far as other releases such mjk has put out like the Thirteenth step i just got high bymyself and put it in my cd player that has an awsome sound and bass..i listened to the whole thing (thats what u gotta do) and just danced around or just moved around...

Emotive i just got high with a friend and listened to it the whole thing in a garage

as for the new Tool album i think i might just do the same thing...buy the album...go home...get high...and press PLAY...oh god i cant wait for that day!!!!

i probably wanna listen to it with someone maybe...but prolly not cuz i wanna go crazy and dance or jump up and down or whatever
i like your thinking. when the album comes out i will request the day off, get ahold of some good bud hopefully, get ripped and listen to the new album. i cant wait

triad636
09-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Imagine when you first put the cd in your cd-player and hear the first riffs or whatever................ fuck,... fuck. And when the first song has ended you're shcked and then starts next song and then more and more and more.. whole fucking album or double of Tool's music....

I just got a really nice system for my room, i got a tuner, on top of that i got a 5 cd changer and on top of that is my turntable, along with speakers that are about 2 ft tall, im pumped for the new album :)

Carny_Handles
09-05-2005, 06:27 PM
You gotta know they mean the Metallica CD.

how many people is elephtheria?

Goldfoot
09-05-2005, 07:00 PM

Of course they are on a hiatus. We will find out after this era of Tool if A P C will return or not.

triad636
09-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Of course they are on a hiatus. We will find out after this era of Tool if A P C will return or not.
im sure they will there is always speculation when maynard goes to each band, ive read online that some people think when maynard goes to apc he quits tool, people are retarded.. but im sure after tool is done touring he will go back and work on more apc, id like it if paz came back as well...

Goldfoot
09-05-2005, 07:06 PM
im sure they will there is always speculation when maynard goes to each band, ive read online that some people think when maynard goes to apc he quits tool, people are retarded.. but im sure after tool is done touring he will go back and work on more apc, id like it if paz came back as well...

I love her version of The Hollow. :-D

triad636
09-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I love her version of The Hollow. :-D
yay, someone who appreciates this song, i love it aswell, she did a really good job with it... ;)

Lorre
09-06-2005, 01:25 AM
emotive sucked. plain and simple.

Agreed... Passive is still an awsome song though.

s ti N Kfizt
09-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Mer De Noms is still one of the best albums i've heard.. it's not so great but it grew on me... i listened it too much though. 13thstep, good but not amazing.

dracomordag
09-06-2005, 06:51 AM
The only influence I want to see of APC on the new Tool CD is that they will have the same singer.

Not to insult APC (which I love), but they're different bands, and they should maintain seperate sounds.

triad636
09-06-2005, 07:37 AM
The only influence I want to see of APC on the new Tool CD is that they will have the same singer.

Not to insult APC (which I love), but they're different bands, and they should maintain seperate sounds.
nicely put, i feel the same way

Self_Destructive
09-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Passive is still an awsome song though.
I agree but I still would love to hear Passive by Tapeworm (I know that in the Tapeworm's version the song was called Vacant)... But I guess we'll never get the chance to listen to it, at least that's what Trent said...

dracomordag
09-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Passive blows my mind every time I listen to it... awsome song.

myNick
09-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Mmmmm... A Perfect Circle... Tool...

Two bands and two different singers (*no, no... it's the same...*)... two different singers...

They uses different shoes...

*Your halo slippin' down*
*Be patient...*

moneyisevil
09-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Mmmmm... A Perfect Circle... Tool...

Two bands and two different singers (*no, no... it's the same...*)... two different singers...

They uses different shoes...

*Your halo slippin' down*
*Be patient...*

uhhh what?

Intertwined
09-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Lmao, passive is the only reason I bought eMOTIVe

moneyisevil
09-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Lmao, passive is the only reason I bought eMOTIVe
emotive is good if u r in to politics..which i am...so i dont mind..however i do have to admit its not my fav. apc album cuz its not orignal...except for passive...

Goldfoot
09-06-2005, 11:40 AM
emotive is good if u r in to politics..which i am...so i dont mind..however i do have to admit its not my fav. apc album cuz its not orignal...except for passive...

Technically Passive would be a cover, wouldn't it?

Self_Destructive
09-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Technically Passive would be a cover, wouldn't it?
I don't think so... Maynard worked with Trent in the Tapeworm thing, but since the songs (including Vacant) never surfaced, I don´t think you can say Passive is a cover... Maynard just did what he wanted with it, so he released it as an APC song...
If you check the credits: "written by Danny Lohner, Maynard, Trent Reznor and Billy"

ryan.richardson3
09-06-2005, 12:05 PM
This may prove to be a very unpopular idea.. but I would like to hear an APC album without Maynard. I believe Billy could surprise a lot of people.

Goldfoot
09-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I don't think so... Maynard worked with Trent in the Tapeworm thing, but since the songs (including Vacant) never surfaced, I don´t think you can say Passive is a cover... Maynard just did what he wanted with it, so he released it as an APC song...
If you check the credits: "written by Danny Lohner, Maynard, Trent Reznor and Billy"

I know what the credits say, but a cover is when a band takes a song by another band and performs it, right? Maynard can be in both bands and it still be a cover just as Justin came from Peach and Tool covered You Lied.

Self_Destructive
09-06-2005, 01:19 PM
This may prove to be a very unpopular idea.. but I would like to hear an APC album without Maynard. I believe Billy could surprise a lot of people.
Well, I gotta say Billy surprised me... I mean his vocals on Emotive: crap! But well, at least he did a better job then Paz singing "The Hollow"... because that was fucking lame!
If APC decide to release something without Maynard, it doesn't mean it will be that bad, but if Billy decides to do the leading vocals, then, yes... it will terrible.

ATARI
09-06-2005, 01:44 PM
what is this paz "the hollow" and where can I find it?

Self_Destructive
09-06-2005, 02:03 PM
what is this paz "the hollow" and where can I find it?
You can find it in "Amotion"... Besides the DVD, it contains a CD with remixes where you can find this shitty version of "The Hollow" by Paz...

dracomordag
09-06-2005, 02:37 PM
I personally think that Billy's voice (with the exception of "People are People") is very good. I mean, it's not Maynard... but it's definately not bad.

And APC is doing an album sans Maynard.... it's Billy's solo project.

ATARI
09-06-2005, 02:53 PM
i do not have that so that would explain it

triad636
09-07-2005, 04:28 PM
i do not have that so that would explain it
its not too expensive, and if you want all the apc videos plus commentary by maynard and billy on each song, you should def pick it up... plus some of the remixes arent that bad..

Neil
09-11-2005, 03:15 AM
Regarding Tool's influences for the forthcoming album:

I think Danny Carey has been influenced by Meshuggah because he is a drum God and very little challenges or inspires him any more.... but Meshuggah are a math-metal band who use crazy polyrhythms which interest him.

Tool are going to go even more experimental with the weird rhythms in the new album, and this is the influence they will take from Meshuggah. But I think Tool will implement these ideas far more musically than Meshuggah.

I don't think Tool are going to be more like trendy metal bands. They have their own unique dark yet beautiful sound.

Spongebob
09-11-2005, 03:30 AM
i agree with Neil.

this thread is retarded, the songs wont be all lame like APC, if maynard comes in all lame wanting to do john lennon covers or sing about politics or do bikini bandits, adam will kick his ass.

Gouldius
09-11-2005, 03:53 AM
APC was TOOL's offspring... since when do you wear who you've influenced on your sleaves...

NEVER, THAT'S WHEN!

TheNothingSong
09-11-2005, 04:08 AM
there is no way APC is going to have ANY influence on the new TOOL album

did mer de noms influence Lateralus"? i think not

I think so. maynard used harmonies..... morebetterer in lateralus.
Other than that, why? no one else in the band will be influenced.

( side note, what happens when they play live? i've seen a photo of justin with a mic in front of him..i think from toolband...??)

Goldfoot
09-11-2005, 06:06 AM
APC was TOOL's offspring...

No, it wasn't.

Intertwined
09-11-2005, 07:21 AM
APC is Billy playing for Maynard and Maynard saying he is good and they make a band.

APC cycles through so many band members, I could see them going without Maynard.

MentalSanityOff
09-11-2005, 10:57 AM
or do bikini bandits
that was the most fucking retarded music video ive ever seen.
Then again, I don't watch MTV...

triad636
09-11-2005, 11:31 AM
that was the most fucking retarded music video ive ever seen.
Then again, I don't watch MTV...
well if i remember correctly they didnt air it on mtv cuz one of the bandits hits a mailbox with a bat... i didnt mind the video, and i like the bikini bandits movies, they are pretty funny..

Bogart
09-11-2005, 01:22 PM
well if i remember correctly they didnt air it on mtv cuz one of the bandits hits a mailbox with a bat... i didnt mind the video, and i like the bikini bandits movies, they are pretty funny..
i never understood what was so funny about them

triad636
09-11-2005, 01:41 PM
i never understood what was so funny about them
well its funny to me cuz like most of it makes no sense, its just hillarious..

waffel
09-11-2005, 01:47 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK MAKE IT STOP

triad636
09-11-2005, 02:02 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK MAKE IT STOP
heheheheh

hailthemaggots
09-11-2005, 04:02 PM
thankfully, it wont sound like metallica or rammstein for the following reason.

TOOL are educated people. TOOL realise that if their album sounded the same as an album produced by the two aforementioned bands, they would have converted all of their die hards to a life of listening to my chemical romance. it would be THAT bad...

triad636
09-11-2005, 05:41 PM
dude dont take this thread seriously.. its just one big joke...

Intertwined
09-11-2005, 05:55 PM
dude dont take this thread seriously.. its just one big joke...

But,

I thought they were all jokes.

Joking.

triad636
09-11-2005, 05:57 PM
hahha, i love that avatar :) he looks pissed

Gouldius
09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
No, it wasn't.

Good arguement.

Let me put it this way... without TOOL there would be no APC.

Goldfoot
09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Good arguement.

Let me put it this way... without TOOL there would be no APC.

Without John Winthrop there would be no U.S. We can do this all day, but it's pointless. Shut the fuck up.

Anyway, there is no way you can know that for sure. Just because Billy worked for Tool does NOT mean he wouldn't have written music and met Maynard in another way.

Gouldius
09-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Without John Winthrop there would be no U.S. We can do this all day, but it's pointless. Shut the fuck up.

Anyway, there is no way you can know that for sure. Just because Billy worked for Tool does NOT mean he wouldn't have written music and met Maynard in another way.

With out your mother there would be no you.

Fuck, what an ideal world.