Holy Reality- His Body.
Holy Experience- His Life.

.appreciation.

plexus
02-26-2003, 06:55 PM
this guy right here must've been on acid

ignore-reality
02-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Where in Michigan do you live my fine friend?

dawn
02-26-2003, 10:57 PM
How might have the inspirational scene here appeared to some one else?
Alot of my writing that follows this format is based on otherwise meaningless occurances.

' They aren't just...'

Mark D
02-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Frogs, crickets? The sounds of boredom. How nice that a Michigan user is posting. That makes three of us now.

ThreeDeviations
02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
First off.... Plexus, I don't do drugs. Never have, never will.

Ignore-reality. I am a bit N of Flint.

Grrrr- I don' really understand what you're attempting to say.

Mark D- The frogs and crickets are very significant to the song.... they help create a subtle, yet powerful foundation of appreciation, reflection and humility. - for life and body- which I feel is the core meaning of the song.

Think of the last time you heard the sounds of frogs and crickets together, or just frogs and crickets individually. It automatically puts you in a pensive mood, which eventually leads to appreciation for life, which is ultimately humbling. At least for me-

Mark, if you think the sound is "boring".... go listen to Stinkfist a few thousand times, and ponder its meaning.

plexus
02-27-2003, 04:46 PM
jeez.. you seem like a real downer (not cause the anti-drug stance).... oh yea... it was a joke

Mark D
02-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by ThreeDeviations
First off.... Plexus, I don't do drugs. Never have, never will.

Mark D- The frogs and crickets are very significant to the song.... they help create a subtle, yet powerful foundation of appreciation, reflection and humility. - for life and body- which I feel is the core meaning of the song.

Think of the last time you heard the sounds of frogs and crickets together, or just frogs and crickets individually. It automatically puts you in a pensive mood, which eventually leads to appreciation for life, which is ultimately humbling. At least for me-

Mark, if you think the sound is "boring".... go listen to Stinkfist a few thousand times, and ponder its meaning.

I meant that the sounds of crickets tend to imply a sense of boredom. To tell the truth, I find the song Parabol to be relaxing. So dont bitch at me! About stinkfist listening and analyzing: Done and done.

ThreeDeviations
02-27-2003, 08:31 PM
I know what you were implying....

However, Parabol isn't some country western movie where the last two cowboys had a shootout at high noon. The movie then ends and you hear a cricket in the background as the credits are rolling.

This isn't some sad episode of Seinfeld, or some cheesy comic where they tell bad jokes and some wise guy producer has the sound effect of a sole cricket chirping in the crowd as if to imply lack of humor or "boredom."

This song is profound, passionate, vulnerable and dead truthful.

I certainly don't associate that description with something that's boring.

plexus
02-27-2003, 08:43 PM
i was joking about the downer part, but now i take it back.... youre a downer... i mean...
DAMN... nevermind...

ThreeDeviations
02-28-2003, 02:40 PM
How you perceive me as a "downer" based from anything I've said.... is goofy, and just not accurate. In fact, it should've had the opposite result.

If you think being perceptive, logical and realistic is a "downer," then I guess you're the one who's sad.

.... now get off my couch-

Mark D
02-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Not a downer. More like overly serious.

dawn
02-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ThreeDeviations

Grrrr- I don' really understand what you're attempting to say.

Metaphors...

Butterfly_Soul
03-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Divine.

You never cease to amaze...

mustbefatal
01-15-2004, 08:00 AM
herheherheher o.O?

Carny_Handles
06-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Frogs. Crickets.

Nature. Simplicity. Creation. Life.

Inspiration. Admiration.

Humble.

Flesh and Blood.
His Body.
God manifested.
A human, human's reminder.
Never alone.

Holy Reality- His Body.
Holy Experience- His Life.

.appreciation.

I love reading your posts!!

I feel very fortunate to have grown up near a pond, where countless summer nights i've wanderd with various neighborhood friends down to the pond and just looked at the stars and had a great bonding experience with them talking and such, so the crickets and frogs really floods my head with that innocence of youth and in an instant im 8 again and its summer. 'all this pain is an illusion'

oracle
06-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Reminds me of the beginning of the Klaatu song

Calling occupants (of interplanetary craft)

LP|Stang
06-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Nice one, Plexus!

Kelly
06-13-2005, 11:59 AM
sexus, nexus

ThreeDeviations
06-20-2005, 09:21 PM
"I love reading your posts!! " Thanks.