PDA

View Full Version : A new thought

matthewx
11-21-2002, 06:02 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while now and want to know everyone else's thoughts. Think about the song for a second, "Why can't not be sober?" Is it possible he is searching for his drugs? He keeps looking in his little box where he keeps his stash, but it's empty. And all the weird shit that is happening is him percieving it while he is trippin. Furthermore he keeps comming back to the box because he can't remember he used all the LSD.

DeleteYourself
11-23-2002, 01:53 AM
wow....thats an intersting take on the video...i never thought of that before

Gallow
01-07-2003, 06:31 PM
I always took the video to be about a man who cannot stop doing something... it might be a physical addicition or maybe something more emotonal or mental, but he keeps putting the box away and trying to forget about it but ultimately keeps going back to it. He even binds the box to prevent himself from getting what's inside. Then again, that might also sybolize that he is not meant to get what is inside the box because some authority figure or some such thing is trying to prevent it but he gets in anyway.

deadinholywood
04-02-2003, 07:27 PM
I agree with you, the little man keeps on going to the box compulsivley because he is bored and has little other stimuli in his world, he thereby gets addicted to looking in the box (for some reason) and becomes less connected to the things that are actually in his life ie. the guy behind the window.

its just like people really

also i think the guy with the gun thing at the end is some figure of authority figure for example the little mans father. does anyone agree???