PDA

View Full Version : patience

Ben
02-19-2003, 04:36 AM
to me this song is just about what patience is. seeing through a tedious path while time (personified in the song as a vampire) sucking out your patience. and just holding on

Nirvana
02-19-2003, 04:40 AM
i already had this discussion ones... but im starting it again...

where is he waiting for?

Ben
02-19-2003, 06:04 AM
i don't think it's about waiting for one specific thing. to me it's just about the nature of waiting in patience. i mean in general.........just what patience may mean to someone

Nirvana
02-19-2003, 06:12 AM
well.. i dont have patience |>-0

4th Eye
02-19-2003, 06:45 AM
When i'm waiting something I just think about this song, "Be patient..." It gives me patience.

But when I first heard this line "giving blood, keeping faith" another thought crossed my mind; maybe he's a patient who is giving blood for someone else and keeping faith that the other person would survive. And another line "If there were no rewards to reap". Maybe he gets a reward for what's he's doing.
Well, just another thought for I am a very deep thinker... :)

Nirvana
02-19-2003, 08:27 AM
yep.. nice thinking

awwww shoot
02-19-2003, 08:55 AM
I think patience has a lot to do with it. A friend of mine has explained it extremely well.

Basically, life is choices. Most people are afraid of not knowing what's ahead, are afraid of being unhappy, so they cling to the best choice available and bullshit their way through life, thinking everything must be happy. This relates to Timothy Leary a lot.

People are dishonest in the way they make their choices because they don't understand that in order to find truth to life, they have to suffer and go through a void where everything is dark and unsatisfying. They're afraid of the tedious and unsettling wait that will obviously reap the benefits in becoming your own self and your own truth, so they take the choices right in front of them without looking.

I think that's a very good way to look at this song.