PDA

View Full Version : Ok, i think we waiting till next year!

xpandnz
08-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Hay guys

I emailed NZ's largest music chain Sounds about the new tool album. Here is the email:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 29 August 2005 13:49
To: [email protected]
Subject: New Tool album?

Hay guys
Is this for real?
New tool album in October?
It says I can pre order off your site!
OMG!
If it is let me know, I need to book a day off work!
Cheers

------Reply-------
HI Benjamin

Looks like the Tool album has gone back until next year now
I’ll take it off the site
Regards
steve

Steve Cadman
Operations Manager
soundsnz.com

DAMN!

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 06:25 PM
makes sense.

tomXwithXweather
08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
JANUARY 24 2006

Take that mother fuckers!

Light Reflections
08-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Give me a live DVD and that'll hold me over nicely until the new album is released.

triad636
08-28-2005, 06:39 PM
JANUARY 24 2006

Take that mother fuckers!
that would be a nice birthday present, 7 day early birthday present, but it would be the best present ever, how about it tool? can you make that my present?? heh

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 06:40 PM
fuck theres so many new people on TDN now, when the new album comes it will get out of control. not that its a bad thing.

but i feel the same as light reflections, they havent talked baout the live dvd much at all lately, but if the album is coming out in february or later, then i hope the dvd comes out by christmas.

KJM
08-28-2005, 07:03 PM
this is what you get for believing every stupid fucking thing that you read off the internet.

insaner
08-28-2005, 07:18 PM
so danny tells you this, and you call bullshit. but some rep from nz shoots off an email and hes the authority you were looking for?

damn you people kill me.

xpandnz
08-28-2005, 07:25 PM
so danny tells you this, and you call bullshit. but some rep from nz shoots off an email and hes the authority you were looking for?

damn you people kill me.

I reckon you should email sounds them selves and see what they say to you

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 07:35 PM

damn you people kill me.

look i never said i dont believe what danny said to cid about february, im not sure about it, at the moment i think it will be out in 2006, now that i know that albums dont usually come out a month or two after recording is finished, i guess it shouldnt come out in october. but who knows, i still think theres a good chance dannys date of february will be wrong, either earlier or (most likely) later.

danny has said all sorts of things that havent come true.

flipmojo
08-28-2005, 07:49 PM
An email from one record store does not prove anything. Is it even legit? Danny told some guy at a concert that it will be out sometime next year. And then he adds "maybe February". Is this true? Legit? Who knows.

The facts are out there. Facts about songs being finished and mixed. Facts about a website in development. Months of work have already gone into the album. There is no reason to believe the album will not be released before the end of the year. There is also no reason to believe the album won't come out in early 2006. Both are possible. I choose to believe sooner rather than later.

The only people worried about being "let down" are the doubters. People that are hurting and hate being let down. It doesn't bother me like it bothers some of you. I like the anticipation.

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 08:03 PM
but flipmojo, we can be fairly sure that they arent quite done recording, and if they finish that early september, surely it will take another 5 months to master and market.

i dont know much about how long those things take, but from what other people have posted it looks like it will take 5 or 6 months, making it look like a february release.

perhaps the dvd and "other goodies" will come out this year and the album will be out in 2006.

UtUmNo1
08-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Perhaps we'll have to wait and see.

KJM
08-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Show me the "facts" that an album worth of songs are finished/mixed/mastered/and ready to go. A website in developement doesn't mean anything. All it tells me is that the band has taken on a pretty big project that they'd like to probably see finished for the new album. It's not like if it gets done early that means so will the album.

Why is it so easy to believe a record company when the date is sooner but when they say "sorry the distributor--oh you know..the ones who will be shipping the records--are saying they won't have the album by the end of this year" it's a trick by the band or wrong information.

If it does come out before next year that's great. But nothing even remotely points to that.

Just because I doubt doesn't mean I worry. If it makes it easier for you to think everyone ELSE has the problem..cool I guess. Whatever works for you. But you're the one who sounds beyond desperate to need this album to come out before the end of the year.

Bogart
08-29-2005, 07:03 AM
Give me a live DVD and that'll hold me over nicely until the new album is released.
agreed.....i think they will have a dvd come out before the new album.

Goldfoot
08-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Show me the "facts" that an album worth of songs are finished/mixed/mastered/and ready to go. A website in developement doesn't mean anything. All it tells me is that the band has taken on a pretty big project that they'd like to probably see finished for the new album. It's not like if it gets done early that means so will the album.

I believe he said songs were finished recording, not mastered and ready to go. They don't master individual songs I do believe. Once they are all recorded, they will all be mixed and mastered together, right?

I have a question about the website though. If they are going to launch a new website once they can appropriate the funds for it, why would it be all ready to go? If it was made, that would mean they already put money into it. They are already hosting a site, so if a new one was finished they could just switch them, right? I'm betting on a new site around the first of the year, but that's just a guess.

KJM
08-29-2005, 08:22 AM
It doesn't take super long to master. If the songs are finished and mixed you can bust out the mastering process very quickly.

triad636
08-29-2005, 08:25 AM
It doesn't take super long to master. If the songs are finished and mixed you can bust out the mastering process very quickly.
thats good to hear, im going to read up on mixing and mastering tonight, i need more knowledge on this stuff, i have none.. does anyone have a link to where i can find info on this..??

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 08:35 AM
ooglegoogle there are heaps of stuff there.

Basically it's like this, and this is very simplified:

Mixing: they can do it in that studio where they are in. When mixing they make the songs sound like what they want them to sound like. It means that they set desirable levels for drums, guitars etc. also they equalize those tracks, compress them. You know, they mix them, make them sound what they want them to sound.

Mastering: The process of making the final, ready to mass-produce product. Mastering means that all the spaces between the songs are put in, they make sure that all the songs have similar levels. You know, one track doesn't punch you in the face with 11 volume when others are only 6 volume. There is alot of other stuff made too, but you know, they make the whole album a ready product. It's kinda like putting it all together and polishing it.

MasterOfKtulu109
08-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I may be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that they mixed/mastered Aenima in a few days (3 or so if I remember correctly).

It's not the mixing that takes a long time; it's making sure the songs are fully completed and recorded the way they want them to be. Once that is done, it's pretty much in the hands of the record company, and that can take months.

I would say if the album is not out by november (which I think is doubtful because SOAD's new one Hypnotize comes out in Nov. and two major rock releases competing for sales would not be intelligent on the part of the record company).

I'd say January or February is more likely, if not in November, and the DVD around xmas time.

triad636
08-29-2005, 08:42 AM
ooglegoogle there are heaps of stuff there.

Basically it's like this, and this is very simplified:

Mixing: they can do it in that studio where they are in. When mixing they make the songs sound like what they want them to sound like. It means that they set desirable levels for drums, guitars etc. also they equalize those tracks, compress them. You know, they mix them, make them sound what they want them to sound.

Mastering: The process of making the final, ready to mass-produce product. Mastering means that all the spaces between the songs are put in, they make sure that all the songs have similar levels. You know, one track doesn't punch you in the face with 11 volume when others are only 6 volume. There is alot of other stuff made too, but you know, they make the whole album a ready product. It's kinda like putting it all together and polishing it.
thanks for that :) .. ill do a google later to get some details of both..

SAGET
08-31-2005, 05:28 AM
Ok....so I just bought the October 2005 issue of Revolver for some reason...and they have a little blurb about tool (page 028) if you dont believe me (just go to a place that carries it and read it).

"TOOL are hard at work on the follow-up to their 2001 opus LATERALUS. No producer has been announced. The album is tentatively scheduled for release in early 2006, but no month has been specified...."

Ertai
08-31-2005, 06:26 AM
I choose to believe sooner rather than later.

if you believe its going to come out this year and not next year, it will. Its called thinking power and we all need to use it. Lets conjure up our inner spirits and hope that it will be realesed this year, the sooner..the better.

as for everyone bitching about the newsletter or about what danny, or some punk from soundz said.... i hope you choke

triad636
08-31-2005, 06:43 AM
if you believe its going to come out this year and not next year, it will. Its called thinking power and we all need to use it. Lets conjure up our inner spirits and hope that it will be realesed this year, the sooner..the better.

as for everyone bitching about the newsletter or about what danny, or some punk from soundz said.... i hope you choke

nicely put.. i enjoyed the last few sentences :)

Perseensilmä
08-31-2005, 06:49 AM
thanks for that :) .. ill do a google later to get some details of both..
yeah, but the info I gave wasn't deep enough. There is a lot of things that is done in the mastering process. Basically it's polishing, like EQ'ing the whole tracks.

But to make it simple, short and descriptive enough:

Mixing is making the two channel track (perhaps more if there are more channels than just L and R ) and mastering is polishing all of albums tracks and making sure that they flow together perfectly.

MentalSanityOff
08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
im counting on a late january/early february release

s ti N Kfizt
08-31-2005, 11:10 PM
I ain't got hurry so much now cuz...........

..i 'll get Cult of Luna's two albums soon: The Beyond .. and Salvation. And i think those will go to the favorite albums of mine alltime, at least songs what i've heard couple of times are amazing.. YEEAAHAHH!!!

TenSpeed
09-01-2005, 11:13 AM
I believe the two-hearted turkey/Christmas story being removed from the newsletter is significant regarding a release date...

Archetypically
09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
6/6/6

Spongebob
09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
I believe the two-hearted turkey/Christmas story being removed from the newsletter is significant regarding a release date...

double disc album comin out next year
live dvd (and other secret stuff) coming out christmas time.

TenSpeed
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
double disc album comin out next year
live dvd (and other secret stuff) coming out christmas time.

I hope so.