PDA

View Full Version : Insight thanks to Mr. Hicks

Raw_Beef
02-19-2003, 02:10 AM
Listening to "Rant in E. Minor" for the first time. About 16 minutes into it, Bill says almost the exact same things as Maynard does in this song, while talking about an experience he had on mushrooms. So the mystery is solved for me, Parabola is about shrooms!

Nirvana
02-19-2003, 02:58 AM
nice thinking... einstein

crow011
02-19-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Raw_Beef
Listening to "Rant in E. Minor" for the first time. About 16 minutes into it, Bill says almost the exact same things as Maynard does in this song, while talking about an experience he had on mushrooms. So the mystery is solved for me, Parabola is about shrooms!

its good to see you've backed up your theory with quotes and useful pieces of information and references . . . i can easily see how its about mushrooms . . . how did i not realise this before? . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

cre8soul
02-19-2003, 08:22 PM
what the fuck, i posted that and went into detail a while ago..I don't beleive the entire song is about just mushrooms, rather the experience and overwhelming feeling of it...I realized this the first time I heard Parabola and made the connection right away..I beleive Hicks "gifts of forgiveness" inspired this song, no doubt!