PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

one_mind
08-27-2005, 08:34 AM
after reading the aug newsletter and re reading the july newsletter, i am beginning to think that the new cd is called Firefly and the secret burgers that are adam and dannys favorite are some new songs, and the christmas story is hinting that it will be out by christmas time!!, what do you all think??

Bogart
08-27-2005, 08:59 AM
after reading the aug newsletter and re reading the july newsletter, i am beginning to think that the new cd is called Firefly and the secret burgers that are adam and dannys favorite are some new songs, and the christmas story is hinting that it will be out by christmas time!!, what do you all think??
firefly.....i doubt it buddy

JesusKnievel
08-27-2005, 09:03 AM
the new cd name is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilivolaconacisis, break it up and its easy as shit to say

pneu|mono|ultra|micro|scopic|sili|volaco|nac|isis

flipmojo
08-27-2005, 09:15 AM
The August newsletter told us that at least two songs are finished. They are: L.K. and the "radio single".

JesusKnievel
08-27-2005, 09:16 AM
whens the radio one going to be played!

sudnshok
08-27-2005, 09:30 AM
the new cd name is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilivolaconacisis, break it up and its easy as shit to say

Actually, you are a few syllables (and letters) off:

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Nith Sahor
08-27-2005, 10:06 AM
after reading the aug newsletter and re reading the july newsletter, i am beginning to think that the new cd is called Firefly

Well... if you decompile the Flash for the Toolband.com intro page, the swarming colourful things are referred to as fireflies in the code...

Goldfoot
08-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Well... if you decompile the Flash for the Toolband.com intro page, the swarming colourful things are referred to as fireflies in the code...

I didn't decode it and I bet they're still called fireflies. :p

ATARI
08-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Firefly wouldn't be a bad title IMO.

Ironic how the topic of the TV show was brought up in another recent topic

clarity.
08-27-2005, 12:15 PM
I agree, Firefly would be a nice title.

pryingopenmy3rdeye
08-27-2005, 12:54 PM

Why do you think that it is going to be called this?

Bogart
08-27-2005, 12:57 PM
I agree, Firefly would be a nice title.
sounds like a linkin park title to me...

dracomordag
08-27-2005, 01:03 PM
http://local.google.com/local?q=firefly&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=G&near=los+angeles&rl=1&sc=1&radius=0&latlng=34052222,-118242778,4724111927453456806

sorry... firefly the resturaunt DOES exist, and they do have burgers as a specialty.

I'm thinking the two hearted turkey hints at double album, though.

and I have some questions about this passage:
"SIGILS FOR DANNY

Several months ago, Frater Xaphan asked me to contribute a particular "word of power" along with a brief commentary about it that would later be sigilized, painted the appropriate color and incorporated into Danny Carey's pantacle (not pentacle) which, along with other ritualistic paraphernalia, was to be placed in the big room of the studio while he was recording drum tracks for the next TOOL album. The word I chose originally appeared three times in the 1st edition of my collection of occult-themed prose-poems entitled Ijynx (in "Sun's Black Majesty", "Enhaloing the Lamanaut" and "Ophiuchus."). However, for the revised second edition, as I explained in a footnote, I changed the word to a more common "decorative convention" - a word also associated with a specific vortex of energy as well as a certain 'jeweled' vector that remains quite secretive. The reason for this substitution was that this particular ancient root-word, when combined with 'ch', proved to be dangerous and, hence, illegal, magickally speaking. But, since it was now to be sealed inside an envelope for months and then sigilized (therefore maintaining a surreptitious nature), I believed it would be both suitable (i.e. magicakally legal) and efficacious for purposes of power implementation. Etymologically, the Sanskrit root-word, itself, has connections with Agarthi, a mystical subterranean realm of occult initiates, and of the Arcadian Gift (the jewel of sacred cannibalism which is called by some The Philosopher's Stone). And, according to one modern etymologicon, the root-word is also associated with arghata, meaning 'ashen' and relating to the risen Phoenix, with argillaceous (made of clay = humankind), and arq-hehtt (world beyond). All of these words hint at that mysterious post-mortem substance (mined by the Atlanteans as the universal solvent) that facilitates access to Zothyria. Synchronistically enough (which I'm sure will please Frater Xaphan), when I first walked into the recording studio and recognized it (the complete word now painted as a sigil and presumably executed with linear exactitude), the song being recorded was L.K. "

I think it's hinting at the name of hte next album, but I can't find the word he's trying to reference. Anyone own that Ijynx book? Anyone have any ideas?

"I say fortunately because this gave Maynard a chance to add his own commentary. It was times like this that I wish there was someone with a video camera to document things."

There will be no behind the scenes footage of the recording of the new record on the DVD...

Underalus
08-27-2005, 01:30 PM
The two hearted turkey meant that there was another heart inside. The turkey had a baby inside, that was the two hearts.

clarity.
08-27-2005, 09:34 PM
sounds like a linkin park title to me...

Ah but linkin park is half "ghetto" so I would think it would be more like..."Fyreflyz"

ARMZ
08-27-2005, 10:33 PM
I think the word that was sigilized is 'orichalch'

As for L.K. I think the first word may be 'Lathe' only because it might fit in with what was posted by Blair and the 'orichalch' word, but I am not certain that it has anything to do with it.

Tertius Oculum
08-28-2005, 02:33 AM
Firefly = tv series
Serenity = the movie from Firefly

Somebody posted the Serenity release somwhere on TDN

What if Tool is doing work on the soundtrack?
That was me, and that would be fucking sweet.

Very unlikely though.

Btw, if the movie makes about 80 Million, a sequal might happen!

Tertius Oculum
08-28-2005, 02:34 AM

As for L.K. I think the first word may be 'Lathe' only because it might fit in with what was posted by Blair and the 'orichalch' word, but I am not certain that it has anything to do with it.

L.K. stands for Lion King. They are going to make the album be able to sync with the movie.

Ocelot199
08-28-2005, 09:27 AM
The two hearted turkey meant that there was another heart inside. The turkey had a baby inside, that was the two hearts.

Turkeys lay eggs...

dracomordag
08-28-2005, 10:46 AM

where did you get orichalch from?

ARMZ
08-28-2005, 10:48 AM
From the internet.

Tertius Oculum
08-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Huh, that's weird. I guess orichalch is connected to Atlantis, which is connected to Aliens. Maybe this album is about Aliens/Atlantis/Myths.

waffel
08-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Turkeys lay eggs...

HAHHAHA O MAN YOU GOT BURNED

FortySix&Two
08-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I doubt Tool is going to pick a word as simple as "Firefly" for an album title. Besides, I think it's a horrible title. I hate Joss Whedon too.

just simulacra
08-28-2005, 04:20 PM
I doubt Tool is going to pick a word as simple as "Firefly" for an album title. Besides, I think it's a horrible title. I hate Joss Whedon too.

Sanity.

Patient 46 & 2
08-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Ya firefly sonds way to peaceful and romantic for a title, plus it's not soem weird combo of words that we r all so used to their titles being maybe like the latin words for fire and fly

Patient 46 & 2
08-28-2005, 04:24 PM
ignis musca btw

Patient 46 & 2
08-28-2005, 04:25 PM
that actually sounds like a cool tittle

Bubba_Phat
08-28-2005, 04:39 PM
tittle

Haha tittle.

I think that the thing about the objects on the website flash is pretty telling. The word definitely has some significance...

5th Eye
08-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I doubt Tool is going to pick a word as simple as "Firefly" for an album title.Are not "Opiate" and "Undertow" simple words?

Wretched
08-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Are not "Opiate" and "Undertow" simple words?

You are a good person, keep being a good person and I will reward you with brownie points.

I think if the album name was Regurjafly everyone would poop their pants and be like "It is so Tool." Then some would go "That isn't intelligent enough for Tool. It sucks. I hope that isn't the name, it'd ruin the album."

5th Eye
08-28-2005, 04:48 PM
^ Thank you for saying something positive.

Firefly wouldn't be bad as an album name, but I'd be interested in its meaning.

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:59 PM
^ Thank you for saying something positive.

Firefly wouldn't be bad as an album name, but I'd be interested in its meaning.

dude, firefly is the name of a trendy restaurant/bar in studio city.

no big secret. its not the name of the album. end of story.

insaner
08-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Haha tittle.

I think that the thing about the objects on the website flash is pretty telling. The word definitely has some significance...

yes, its where they get their take out from while they are recording. they have a burger there that someone made up, thats not on the menu. wow, how arcane.

Bubba_Phat
08-28-2005, 05:05 PM
dude, firefly is the name of a trendy restaurant/bar in studio city.

no big secret. its not the name of the album. end of story.

Then why would they call the things on the toolband frontpage "fireflies?"

insaner
08-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Then why would they call the things on the toolband frontpage "fireflies?"

who says "they" did?

that was the guy who did the flash design, im guessing.

but hey its possible. maybe they love that place enough to name an album after it.

Patient 46 & 2
08-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Are not "Opiate" and "Undertow" simple words?

a valid point

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 05:20 PM
firefly sounds like a crap name to me.

anyway, the band has confirmed it will be called teleinscion.

ATARI
08-28-2005, 05:27 PM
firefly sounds like a crap name to me.

anyway, the band has confirmed it will be called refractanoid.

fixed

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 06:02 PM
thats what i said.