PDA

View Full Version : Hastarot?

Talescaper
11-21-2002, 05:23 AM
I know it is a strange place to come up with this, but it seems the only place and I'm very curious.

My Aenima disc has a kind of alchemistic/geometric pattern on in and the letters H A S T A R O T in a circle. We all know what the Tarot is. (For those that don't, cards to predict the future, roughly) It's the only word that seems to make any sense. But does anyone have the same illustration and a thought on it?

fibonacci
11-21-2002, 01:58 PM
i believe it's astaroth...

DarkSpiral
11-23-2002, 06:59 AM
Yeah, it's Astaroth, this is the only thing i remember reading on the subject....

Astaroth is the name given to the male, medieval incarnation of the ancient demon goddess Astoreth, as the Hebrews call her, or Astarte as she was known to the Phoenicians.
He was said to appear in the guise of an ugly angel, riding on a dragon and holding a viper in his left hand. Johann Weyer's hierarchy describes Astaroth as a very powerful grand duke in hell, where he held the office of Great Treasurer and commanded forty legions. In the hierarchy of the fallen angels he ranks as the 'prince of thrones.' Always desirous to sit idle and be at ease, he is a great lover of sloth. For that reason he can best be frustrated by appealing to St. Bartholomew for help. Further medieval sources specify that he resides in the Occident, that he procures the friendship of the great lords, and that he has to be invoked on Wednesdays between the tenth and the eleventh hours of the night.
When the demon appears, it is wise not to approach too closely because of the infernal stench emanating from him, although one can protect oneself from the fetid odour by holding a magic ring under one's nose. Astaroth willingly answers questions concerning the past and the future. He is willing to make discourse on great secrets, and he loves to talk about the Creation and the Fall, or the faults of the angels. In his conversations, he stresses most emphatically that he himself has been punished unjustly, and that some day he will once again take his rightful place among the heavenly angels. He is also said to be a very good teacher of the liberal arts and of most sciences.

http://demonology.cjb.net

crow011
11-25-2002, 03:35 AM
you are kidding me . . .

what the hell are tool on? . . .

i swear, danny carey is one of the most amazingly interesting people in the world . . . he is so obsessed with the occult and demonology and such (like me . . . ), and it really amuses me . . .

so, is it safe to call upon this daemon or not? . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

Severance
11-27-2002, 10:21 PM
Holy SHIT....its like 10:39 right now.....between 10 and 11.......thats freakish......im now scared to go listen to my aenima disc.......

ToOL can be scary at times.

Severance
11-27-2002, 10:22 PM
btw....its wednesday too

moonburn
11-29-2002, 08:08 PM
i'd just like to talk a smidge about the dangers of invoking demons into your computer room or study in the middle of the night. to begin: demons as well as angels have been played up to be these great archetypal entities.. they aren't really... angels can lie and demons can run around healing people and rescuing babies ( though they usually don't...). if you want to play around with things that can turn your house into a pile of rubble then i suggest that you study the defensive aspects of ritual magick. it's fun... just don't invoke something or even play with magick if you're bored- cause the things that you'd be playing with have a very twisted sense of humor.

ta ta