PDA

View Full Version : Vocal Effect

Petary791
08-26-2005, 07:35 PM
What kind of vocal effect is Maynard using in this song, and a many other songs for that matter? I've seen pictures of him where he's holding 2 mics, and i'm guessing one of them has an effect on it.

triad636
08-28-2005, 07:21 AM
What kind of vocal effect is Maynard using in this song, and a many other songs for that matter? I've seen pictures of him where he's holding 2 mics, and i'm guessing one of them has an effect on it.
i dont know if that does it, but i think he uses some kind of synth, but thats just a guess

dark_Speedo
08-31-2005, 03:59 PM
maybe he uses two mic's for a stereo effect? Two mic's usually sound better than just one, not only because it is in stereo but because of the tonality difference of the two mic's ... in other words his vox will result in a more full with more of a presence like quality.

Spam_Sammich
09-05-2005, 12:48 AM

He is using a small bull horn and putting the mic in front of it. In the beggining part where you hear the da da....da da....da da... ect. he is singing a long note into the bull horn like ahhhhhhhhhhhhh but using the bull horn trigger to essentially chop the one long note into short ones. So all you here is da da....da da...da da...etc. . If you listen to the beginning with head phones you ucan barley hear the one long note being sung in the backround. I saw Maynard do this live.