PDA

View Full Version : Dmt

SiDMaN101
02-18-2003, 08:33 PM
I believe that the songs Parabol/Parabola are about finding Spirituality with the chemical/molecule DMT. I’ve studied both DMT and I’ve researched on Tool and a lot of things seem to fit together. Well first off I’ll explain DMT in a nutshell for you and if it really interest you then I’ll have some links and other information on it at the end of this. DMT or (N,N-dimethyltryptamine) is the most powerful Psychedelic know to man and yet it is the lest harmful because every living thing has DMT in it or has the ability to produce it. Are bodies produce DMT when we are born and when we die that’s why many people who have near death experiences see the bright tunnel of light and hear heavenly voices and sometimes see beings. DMT has also be connected to UFO abductions sometimes your body may produce DMT in your sleep and cause you to believe you are being transported to an alien place and seeing alien beings. DMT also cause you to think you’re not in your body it totally takes you to another place another world so to speak. DMT can also be extracted and smoked or injected but more commonly smoked it takes only seconds when smoked to hit you and less then a minute to peek and as you come up to the peek it’s like your blasting off through a tunnel of colors. Ok that enough about that now I’ll get to may theory on the connection to DMT and Tool. (If you would like to know more on DMT you can go the web site www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml or check out Rick Strasman’s book DMT: The Spirit Molecule) Ok I’m going to break down the songs Parabol & Parabola witch are really one song and point out the connections.
(So familiar and overwhelmingly warm This one, this form I hold now.)<this line is referring to the normal state of being as in looking through are eyes at the world in are bodies and he’s saying that its familiar cause it’s what you’re used to living and seeing everything through are bodies.
(Embracing you, this reality here, this one, this form I hold now, so wide eyed and hopeful. Wide eyed and hopefully wild.)<again just referring to how we feel comfortable in are bodies and saying that we are wide eyed and hopeful just meaning we are hoping and waiting for something more.
(We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
Choosing to be here right now.)<I think this part means befor we are born.
(Hold on, stay inside...)<fighting off the fact that he’s about to leave this world and body.
(This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal All this pain is an illusion.)<saying that he feels alone without his body and that pain is only felt through the body.
Parabola is pretty much on the same level as Parabol.
Well that’s what I think about it and I hope this makes since to you all if you’d like to know more or just to talk E-mail me at [email protected].

Raw_Beef
02-19-2003, 02:34 AM
Wow really nice to see a post on DMT, hell its nice to know that someone else even knows about it! I am dying to try it, its on my list of psychodelics to be expeienced, but i have no idea how to get it. As for relating to this song, yes i belive it does in that this song is based on Bill Hick's shroom experience he tells of in "Rant in E minor" Shrooms and DMT both being powerful psychodelics. Psychodelics may or may not actualy mean something to our reality. I did shrooms once, felt like everything was no longer real and i was breaking through to something, so there is that relation, but then it was over and i came back to this world. Weather or nmot what you may find when you do powerful mind changing drugs is real or has any real baring on this world is up for debate.

SiDMaN101
02-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Raw_Beef
Wow really nice to see a post on DMT, hell its nice to know that someone else even knows about it! I am dying to try it, its on my list of psychodelics to be expeienced, but i have no idea how to get it. As for relating to this song, yes i belive it does in that this song is based on Bill Hick's shroom experience he tells of in "Rant in E minor" Shrooms and DMT both being powerful psychodelics. Psychodelics may or may not actualy mean something to our reality. I did shrooms once, felt like everything was no longer real and i was breaking through to something, so there is that relation, but then it was over and i came back to this world. Weather or nmot what you may find when you do powerful mind changing drugs is real or has any real baring on this world is up for debate.

Well it's very hard to find DMT but I know a way to make your body make it if you would like to know more on how to do so please E-mail me and i will explain more about it.

Raw_Beef
02-19-2003, 02:36 PM
dont see your e-mail in the profile.

THCvocals
03-12-2003, 05:29 PM
The erowid site has a good section on salvia divinorum (I'm not 100% on the spelling) Salvia is a legal psychoactive, in the U.S., that makes you trip HARD!!! Your entire reality gets alterered and everything feels 'realer than real'. (sorry about the grammar, but that's the best way to put it.) Parabol is the perfect song to start tripping to with this, it just takes you away. The extract is a gift from the gods. I figured that a post on DMT would be a good place to put this info at. I wish everyone would try salvia if they ever get the chance, it's an experience like nothing that I've ever had. Read up on the 'proper' ways to smoke it to get the full effects, and you won't be dissapointed.

Through my experiece I've found that as your body weight goes up, the more you need to trip.

seeyouauntie
04-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SiDMaN101
Well it's very hard to find DMT but I know a way to make your body make it if you would like to know more on how to do so please E-mail me and i will explain more about it.

IM also very curious about learning how to release DMT within, can you please post your email or email me about the subject? Thanks. [email protected]

Shinji
07-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Listen again to "Third Eye", which is THE song of drug experience for "prying open". With what each members of Tool said in interviews, you'll find they recommand to maybe use drugs (carefully) for that purpose, and after to try and find a way to do it again without.

dharmamum
07-27-2007, 08:31 PM
You all have great inputs and ideas, but I believe that the best way to get to that level is through intense meditation. I have had experience with DMT more than once, and i believe that you shouldn't have to get that experience from taking acid, salvia, Ayahuasca, mushrooms or any of that stuff (though they are great sources). If you get into astral dynamics, you will get that same out of body experience. However, acid is great too...