PDA

View Full Version : Tool on the radio

dilatedcrimson
08-26-2005, 09:57 AM
I have noticed something recently. See around here, radio stations like to play songs from bands ALOT before a new album is released. Sometimes this includes a new single, but sometimes it doesn't. Recently there have been three bands getting alot of airplay. Disturbed, Cold, and Tool. Disturbed and Cold are nothing new to being played on radio alot, but Tool has been getting ALOT of radioplay recently.

Let's put it this way .... i heard Aenima, Stinkfist, Schism, and Sober ALL in one day. This is not normal for radio stations around here. We all know that Cold and Disturbed have new cds coming out soon. Could this mean the new Tool release may be sooner than we think?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Tertius Oculum
08-26-2005, 10:03 AM
No.

thevirusunknown
08-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Sorry, at this point I don't think the radio stations know any more than we do. Perhaps Tool is just getting requested more because of the building hype around the possibility of new material.

Isac Khrondor
08-26-2005, 10:07 AM
I havn't listend to the radio for years, and when I did they never ever played Tool.

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Sorry, at this point I don't think the radio stations know any more than we do. Perhaps Tool is just getting requested more because of the building hype around the possibility of new material.
Agreed.

I have not heard Tool even once in radio. Okay i listen radio only when i walk fastly over it.

triad636
08-26-2005, 11:43 AM
radio stations around here seem to love tool , it shows cuz everytime i listen to it i hear tool at least once. i havent noticed them playing it too much but ive heard a few tool songs in a day a few days ago, so who knows

FortySix&Two
08-26-2005, 11:49 AM
I think it's just a coincidence, probably derived from the hype.

Radio stations where I live rarely play Tool, and when they do, it's almost ALWAYS Schism or Sober. But those are just the smaller stations. The bigger city stations tend to play it a little more, and they'll throw some Aenima in there too.

I still think we have quite a few months ahead of us now before the new album. It would obviously be nice to have it sooner, but it takes time to put together great music, and not just some rushed together cd to make the fans happy, and to turn a buck. They've taken over 4 years now to make this..they're going to take their time to make it exactly what they want it to be, no less.

MrMcPheezy
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't listen to the radio.

placidium
08-26-2005, 12:38 PM
When I listen to the radio, Tool gets just as much airplay as any other band, if not more.

I'll have to check it out and see though, I haven't listened for a while.

They used to play H. all of the fucking time this past summer.

I was really pissed how they cut Lateralus for radioplay.

clarity.
08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I just heard Lateralus on a local rock station...totally weird because I've never heard any Tool song besides Sober ever played here. But I don't listen to the radio here anyways that much, just when I'm bored. All they play is emo shit.

ATARI
08-26-2005, 01:07 PM
I have heard Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Sober, and Lateralus played on a local station. All only once though.
I've heard prison sex played though, like 12 times. (Without the "shit blood and cum" part edited out, which is pretty cool.)

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-26-2005, 01:17 PM
I've heard stinkfist, sober, and schism played any fair amount of times. Never heard lateralus. Forty six and 2 and aenima i've only heard twice each.

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 01:28 PM
You should make some statistics what you've heard and how many times..

ihavebecomemyfear
08-26-2005, 01:37 PM
I have heard Stinkfish...

Anyone else see that?
no offense, just thought it was a good laugh.

MasterOfKtulu109
08-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Is everything that happens now a clue as to when the album is released? Stop reading so much into things. It will come out when it's done.

I went to a hardware store last weekend and they had a sale on stainless steel tools. You think they are having the sale on tools because Tool news may be coming in the next few weeks?

MrMcPheezy
08-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Is everything that happens now a clue as to when the album is released? Stop reading so much into things.

YEAH MAN OVER THINKING OVER ANALYZING HAHAHAHA.

clarity.
08-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Guess what I saw a Tool cd at a record store. They must be stoking up for the hype that will insue when Teleincision hits the stores next week.

ATARI
08-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Anyone else see that?
no offense, just thought it was a good laugh.

hahaha i didn't notice that when i typed it up. :)
fixed

Tyro
08-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Ah, I've heard Stinkfist, Sober, Schism, Aenima, Lateralus, and 46&2 on my local station. Woot. I am unleet due to my radio listening.

Tyro
08-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I am unleet due to my radio listening.

Quoted for truth.

Cid
08-26-2005, 03:28 PM
i've noticed a lot of tool too, i rarely listen to the radio, but i have been putting it on when i take a shower lately, and for those few minutes a day i've heard a tool song nearly everytime in the last 2 weeks. one or two days i haven't, and the radio was only on for at most 30 minutes a day. i doubt they know anything, but it does seem strange that they're getting all this radio time.

Intertwined
08-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I listen to the radio frequently, I have never once heard Tool on the radio :\

Goldfoot
08-26-2005, 09:39 PM
I was really pissed how they cut Lateralus for radioplay.

The only time, well maybe twice, that I heard Lateralus on the radio it was full length.

KJM
08-27-2005, 07:25 AM
radio stations know LESS than you do.

s ti N Kfizt
08-27-2005, 09:50 AM
YEAH MAN OVER THINKING OVER ANALYZING HAHAHAHA.
lol

5th Eye
08-28-2005, 08:03 AM
I heard 46&2 on the radio today when I woke up. Followed by Disturbed, and didn't someone say that Disturbed is coming out with something new too? So yeah...

thevirusunknown
08-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Ok people are just requesting Tool like crazy right now because I've been hearing Tool songs all day while driving around...