PDA

View Full Version : Danny Carey says......

Cid
08-26-2005, 01:10 AM
so i met danny tonight at the volto show in LA. the show was amazing by the way. anyway, i met him afterwards, got him to sign my salival cd/dvd, and asked him two questions:

question: are you done recording?
danny: "probably about half way done"

question: when do you think the album will be released?
danny: "spring time, maybe february"

exact words from danny's mouth. he might be bullshitting me because he knows everyone in the world wants to know, but that's what he said. take it for what it is.

ARMZ
08-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Good work Cid, the longer the better.

Ryan
08-26-2005, 01:23 AM
weee, 6 months.

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Thanks.

Spongebob
08-26-2005, 02:18 AM
hmm, yeah despite what he said, they may have finished or be near finished and it might be out in october.

Perseensilmä
08-26-2005, 02:24 AM
september

pris0n
08-26-2005, 02:25 AM
Fuck yeah, I get another 6 months to prepare for the release. Here's to hoping guys.

DirtyBanana
08-26-2005, 03:15 AM
This sucks.

Dirty Sanchez
08-26-2005, 04:50 AM
hmm, yeah despite what he said, they may have finished or be near finished and it might be out in october.

I hope you're joking.

dilatedcrimson
08-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Dude that would kick ass if it was released in February. New Tool album ... Getting my liscense back ... means blasting Tool through my kick ass system the first time I can legally drive in 2 and a half years. YES!

clone
08-26-2005, 05:31 AM
I was expecting a date like that.

mm...It seems at this piont that I'm gonna get it as a wedding gift.

Sine Nobilitas
08-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Man, Danny is obviously lying the new cd is an elaborate hoax.

Spongebob
08-26-2005, 06:30 AM
anythings possible.

FortySix&Two
08-26-2005, 06:39 AM
Ouch. But, I can't say I didn't expect it. Oh well, take your time, Tool. Don't rush it in any event. Now I just wish Blair would write that fucking newsletter that I've been checking for a million times a day, so we can get his take on it (if he has any besides "recording is nearly completed, i'm not able to release any projected timetables, yet, however")

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-26-2005, 06:40 AM
You just won't give up, will you?

anoimnn
08-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Oh well… I remember waiting for stuff before… and it eventually happened.
And also, I remember a guy saying something about being patient.

anoimnn
08-26-2005, 08:04 AM
And thanks, Cid. Glad you actually could talk to him and share.

Thermopyle
08-26-2005, 08:09 AM
It alls point at next year...

That's it, bye, see you all in about 4-5 months.

MasterOfKtulu109
08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
That makes perfect sense... Now, for that DVD. Did he say anything about that? I think we'll see the DVD before December.

Same here. Releasing the DVD after the new album would be very anticlimactic, and would not make any sense (release new material, then a DVD with music on it from 5 years ago).

just simulacra
08-26-2005, 08:33 AM
I guess we can expect the DVD around X-Mas then.

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 08:39 AM
That's perfect.. good DVD helps in waiting.

triad636
08-26-2005, 08:45 AM
as much as i dont want to wait another 6 months for this album, i will because i have to , well now we have news from an actual member from tool, so this is what im going by..

just simulacra
08-26-2005, 08:47 AM
So far, this really hasn't been as bad as the wait for Lateralus ... but it's getting there.

Cid
08-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Ouch. But, I can't say I didn't expect it. Oh well, take your time, Tool. Don't rush it in any event. Now I just wish Blair would write that fucking newsletter that I've been checking for a million times a day, so we can get his take on it (if he has any besides "recording is nearly completed, i'm not able to release any projected timetables, yet, however")

i talked to blair too for a second. i asked when the new album would be out and he just shook his head and said look for a newsletter tomorrow or the next day.

Tertius Oculum
08-26-2005, 09:38 AM
i talked to blair too for a second. i asked when the new album would be out and he just shook his head and said look for a newsletter tomorrow or the next day.

LIES.

Blair isn't real. And besides, Tomorrow or the next day is not the middle of January.

Cid
08-26-2005, 09:42 AM
LIES.

Blair isn't real. And besides, Tomorrow or the next day is not the middle of January.

hahahaha....i know i'd like to believe he isn't real, but he is. he just sat in the back of the room with a leather jacket on on his cell phone all night. weird guy.

Goldfoot
08-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Considering the secretive recording process, is it possible he told a lie about when to expect the album?

Madklikor
08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
You could have asked him if it was good, so we don't have to wait for nothing.

Cid
08-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Considering the secretive recording process, is it possible he told a lie about when to expect the album?

yea, that's why i said he could be lying to me, but that he said what he said. take it for what it is....it's tool, you never know. he could be lying, could be telling the truth, only they know.

Goldfoot
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
yea, that's why i said he could be lying to me, but that he said what he said. take it for what it is....it's tool, you never know. he could be lying, could be telling the truth, only they know.

I just re-read your initial post and say the part where you said he could have been bullshitting you. I didn't read that far before. And while I hope he is lying, I'm going to think he's not.

Tertius Oculum
08-26-2005, 10:05 AM
hahahaha....i know i'd like to believe he isn't real, but he is. he just sat in the back of the room with a leather jacket on on his cell phone all night. weird guy.

If you see him again, punch him for me. Tell him "That was from Carlos from Vietnam", he'll know what it means. That bastard.

Cid
08-26-2005, 10:11 AM
I just re-read your initial post and say the part where you said he could have been bullshitting you. I didn't read that far before. And while I hope he is lying, I'm going to think he's not.

yea, i don't think he's lying. sounded like a truthful answer to me. he's a really nice guy, no one had a purple pen for him to use to sign stuff with, so he had one of his friends run out to his car and get his purple pen, and a lot of people say that he never does that. maybe because this was such a little place and his car was right out back. anyway, still amazed by the show, danny was literally 10 feet from me the entire show and i was in the 2nd of 3 rows of seats....such a small place, reminds me a friends basement we used to have shows in.

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 10:15 AM
I think this is unfair..

MentalSanityOff
08-26-2005, 10:59 AM
question: are you done recording?
danny: "probably about half way done"

question: when do you think the album will be released?
danny: "spring time, maybe february"

finally, some news thats actually believable

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 11:02 AM
This isn't even so believable, could be lie.. okay this gives more truth:
yea, i don't think he's lying. sounded like a truthful answer to me. he's a really nice guy, no one had a purple pen for him to use to sign stuff with, so he had one of his friends run out to his car and get his purple pen, and a lot of people say that he never does that. maybe because this was such a little place and his car was right out back. anyway, still amazed by the show, danny was literally 10 feet from me the entire show and i was in the 2nd of 3 rows of seats....such a small place, reminds me a friends basement we used to have shows in.

Cid
08-26-2005, 11:23 AM
glad no one thinks that i'm just making this shit up....it could be a lie right from his mouth, but i think he was giving me a best estimate. we'll see soon hopefully. i didn't ask about the dvd, but if the album is still 6 months away, i think the dvd might be released in between.

Dirty Sanchez
08-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the info.

Tertius Oculum
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
MORTAL KOMBAT.

Lackymacky
08-26-2005, 11:34 AM
as much as i dont want to wait another 6 months for this album, i will because i have to

lol

i like what you said, it made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside

triad636
08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
lol

i like what you said, it made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside
heh <3?

dracomordag
08-26-2005, 11:42 AM
G
o
d
d
a
m
n
i
t

ATARI
08-26-2005, 11:57 AM
I am now inclinded to agree with those who say Tool are a lazy band.

clone
08-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Tool are a lazy band.

flipmojo
08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
They started recording around August 8th. This is their third week of recording, not creating. If that is half way, then they should be done recording sometime in the middle of next month. If that is true, then how could February honestly be the release date? Are they going to sit on it for 5 months? No way. It is coming out before the end of the year.

Isac Khrondor
08-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Tool are a lazy band.

It seems like it, but then that Aaron guy from Isis who was in with them said that they are the hardest working people he's ever been around.

Cid
08-26-2005, 12:10 PM
They started recording around August 8th. This is their third week of recording, not creating. If that is half way, then they should be done recording sometime in the middle of next month. If that is true, then how could February honestly be the release date? Are they going to sit on it for 5 months? No way. It is coming out before the end of the year.

i hope so, but you never know what they want to do. the artwork might not be done, bands usually release a video with the first single, and that might have to be done before the album comes out. and they might want to release the dvd before. i can see 5 or 6 months after recording is done.

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm starting to think that it's coming next year.. they don't have any hurry to make it quickly.. and they think that's only good when the hype grows. And they have time to finish it rightly.

Dirty Sanchez
08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
You all woldn't be this dissapointed with the fact that the new album most likely wont come out until next year if you hadn't kept speculating that it would come out like a month from now (as if that would ever happen). All signs have been pointing towards a late 2005/early 2006 release for quite some time, but some of you have kept telling yourself and others that they're close to, or are already finished recording, even thought the band and people close to the band have said different. Since when have Tool ever worked fast when it comes to releasing something?

placidium
08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Danny Carey is a liar mother fucker. I don't believe any Tool news unless it comes out of Blair Blake's mouth. Only trust Blair.

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-26-2005, 12:42 PM
You all woldn't be this dissapointed with the fact that the new album most likely wont come out until next year if you hadn't kept speculating that it would come out like a month from now (as if that would ever happen). All signs have been pointing towards a late 2005/early 2006 release for quite some time, but some of you have kept telling yourself and others that they're close to, or are already finished recording, even thought the band and people close to the band have said different. Since when have Tool ever worked fast when it comes to releasing something?
Exactly. If this teleincision shit hadn't been going around, you all would be ecstatic.

Underalus
08-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Who even started that Teleincision shit, they should be buried alive.

Dirty Sanchez
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
It was proven to be a fake early on, people just choose to ignore it.

ATARI
08-26-2005, 01:06 PM
they had nothing better to believe in

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
What about jesus?
*600th post...I think...*

Zhelives
08-26-2005, 01:22 PM
It seems like it, but then that Aaron guy from Isis who was in with them said that they are the hardest working people he's ever been around.

I'm going on my 30th straight hour of work.
A friend of mine is on his 54th.

Cid
08-26-2005, 01:26 PM
What about jesus?

MasterOfKtulu109
08-26-2005, 01:49 PM
I think they are closer to being finished with the album than they want us to believe. However, that does not mean it will come out sooner than we think.

Also, Tool really has very little say into when the album is actually released. The record company decides all that, based on when other rock albums are released (SOAD's new one comes out in November, so anytime around November is probably out; tool doesn't want it to get lost in the mix, and the record company doesnt want to release it at the same time as another major rock record)

I do hope they release it soon after finishing for their sake. The longer it sits on the shelf, the more likely a super-early internet leak is (just look at NIN's new one; it hit the internet 6 weeks early)

Isac Khrondor
08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm going on my 30th straight hour of work.
A friend of mine is on his 54th.

Puts in perspective really.

Raul78
08-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh well, I can wait. It will be glorious anyway, so I don't mind waiting.

cacophony
08-26-2005, 02:34 PM
I was expecting a date like that.

mm...It seems at this piont that I'm gonna get it as a wedding gift.

Ditto.... almost

clarity.
08-26-2005, 02:46 PM
This sucks.

flipmojo
08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
There is no proof that the album will come out next year. Danny told someone at a show after playing with his side band that it would be released in February. He said "maybe February". That sounds like someone saying something to a fan just for the hell of it.

There is alot of evidence suggesting that the album is close to being finished. They have been working on this thing for months now. MONTHS. They created the music for it over YEARS.

Tool is not a band that follows the same release procedures that every other band does. They don't have to have a video done before they give a release date for the album. The video could be made after the single goes to the radio. The video will not change the release date.

They have someone else working on their new website to be launched with the new album. They have been creating that for months as well. Once they get the OK, I bet that website will be ready to go in no time.

Those are the facts. You can try and "play it safe" by saying that Tool will never release their album. Or say that it is cool if it takes forever. But the bottom line is that if you are really looking forward to this album, it isn't cool if it takes forever and there is nothing suggesting that the release is a long way off.

As far as the DVD, we don't have much to go off. It could be this year. But who knows? It doesn' make sense to release it afetr the album. But who knows?

Round and round we go...

Spoon
08-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Puts in perspective really.

There are people doing benefit work all over the world, there are your american soldiers in iraq, there are doctors who constantly save lives, but Tool Rox!111!!

Perspective. They're just a band. They don't owe you anything, don't expect anything, just be happy with what you get.

Cid
08-26-2005, 03:31 PM
There is no proof that the album will come out next year. Danny told someone at a show after playing with his side band that it would be released in February. He said "maybe February". That sounds like someone saying something to a fan just for the hell of it..

he said "spring time, maybe february", february was saying maybe that soon, but he thinks spring time is more likely. it sounded like he was saying february to be optimistic. again, he could just be telling a fan lies, but that's what was said.

triad636
08-26-2005, 03:52 PM
he said "spring time, maybe february", february was saying maybe that soon, but he thinks spring time is more likely. it sounded like he was saying february to be optimistic. again, he could just be telling a fan lies, but that's what was said.
now that i think of it and flip mojo helped alot with this, but i think danny was pulling your leg, what are the chances of him giving u an estimate, if he was gunna do that he would go on toolband and tell everyone not just a few people, so im guessing they are finished if not they are close and the album will be out n the coming months...

Barren
08-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I hope I die before the album is released so I dont have to go through the disappointment of it sucking ass

Dirty Sanchez
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
now that i think of it and flip mojo helped alot with this, but i think danny was pulling your leg, what are the chances of him giving u an estimate, if he was gunna do that he would go on toolband and tell everyone not just a few people, so im guessing they are finished if not they are close and the album will be out n the coming months...

Oh my god, you people are unbelievable.

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Do they really want to be dissapointed that bad?

ARMZ
08-26-2005, 04:38 PM
I hope I die before the album is released so I dont have to go through the disappointment of it sucking ass

This coming from someone who quotes from puffy, here puff puff, here puff puff. I will gladly shoot you.

And btw, thug life, westside, outlaws, you know what time it is..............

triad636
08-26-2005, 04:43 PM
:(

insaner
08-26-2005, 08:35 PM
glad no one thinks that i'm just making this shit up....it could be a lie right from his mouth, but i think he was giving me a best estimate. we'll see soon hopefully. i didn't ask about the dvd, but if the album is still 6 months away, i think the dvd might be released in between.

when i met danny (him and maynard stood in line directly behind me to buy lateralus) he def didnt seem like a guy who would lie about much of anything.
very cool and very down to earth. maynard on the other hand...

i dont see any way the album could be released before the end of jan at the earliest, considering what it takes after recording an album to get it to market.

Goldfoot
08-26-2005, 09:28 PM

I never thought it would be earlier than late October and how the fuck would I know if they work fast or not?

insaner
08-27-2005, 12:05 AM

no offense, but you are an idiot.

do you have any clue whatsoever about what it takes to get a major release ready to be sold after recording is finished?

first theres mastering, which takes at a minimum a month. in the meantime, the bands label must formulate the marketing and sales plan, and the band must begin to do press etc. after mastering, the album has to be manufactured, and ordering etc will be done at this time. and this is all assuming the artwork is done.

im skipping some more shit, but i hope you get the picture.

does yalls selfish desire to see this album come out tomorrow have to completely blind you to any sort of reason?

insaner
08-27-2005, 12:08 AM
I think they are closer to being finished with the album than they want us to believe. However, that does not mean it will come out sooner than we think.

Also, Tool really has very little say into when the album is actually released. The record company decides all that, based on when other rock albums are released (SOAD's new one comes out in November, so anytime around November is probably out; tool doesn't want it to get lost in the mix, and the record company doesnt want to release it at the same time as another major rock record)

I do hope they release it soon after finishing for their sake. The longer it sits on the shelf, the more likely a super-early internet leak is (just look at NIN's new one; it hit the internet 6 weeks early)

tool keeps a tight lid on their recordings now. they are the only ones in posession of any copy. there were foru copies of lateralus before it went to the press. i have no reason to believe this will be any different. lateralus leaked about 5 days before it was released.

it will not be leaked until it is pressed, if then.

haich
08-27-2005, 12:09 AM

he speaks the truth!

insaner
08-27-2005, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=flipmojo]There is no proof that the album will come out next year. Danny told someone at a show after playing with his side band that it would be released in February. He said "maybe February". That sounds like someone saying something to a fan just for the hell of it.

if you had ever met the man, or knew much about him, your mind wouldnt allow this thought to enter your hands to type it here.

its simply asinine to put that sort of junk on danny. believe cid, and believe danny. itll help yer buzz.

insaner
08-27-2005, 12:15 AM

it might blow your feeble mind to find out that danny doesnt give a fuck about toolband. plus a fan approaching at a local show in la vs you bunch of pimple faced hng's isnt much of a contest.

you really think danny is putting that much effort into fucking putting some dude he meets at the tater on a wild goose chase? its not like cid is some reporter for revolver getting the fucking scoop. you people are simply retarded.

48&2
08-27-2005, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=flipmojo]There is no proof that the album will come out next year. Danny told someone at a show after playing with his side band that it would be released in February. He said "maybe February". That sounds like someone saying something to a fan just for the hell of it.

if you had ever met the man, or knew much about him, your mind wouldnt allow this thought to enter your hands to type it here.

its simply asinine to put that sort of junk on danny. believe cid, and believe danny. itll help yer buzz.

Yes you have met Danny, you are the man. We get it...

Dirty Sanchez
08-27-2005, 02:15 AM
I never thought it would be earlier than late October and how the fuck would I know if they work fast or not?

Maybe from looking at past releases?

triad636
08-27-2005, 08:46 AM
it might blow your feeble mind to find out that danny doesnt give a fuck about toolband. plus a fan approaching at a local show in la vs you bunch of pimple faced hng's isnt much of a contest.

you really think danny is putting that much effort into fucking putting some dude he meets at the tater on a wild goose chase? its not like cid is some reporter for revolver getting the fucking scoop. you people are simply retarded.
oh shit, its god, hello sir, nice to know that you think so highly of yourself ..GTFO

JesusKnievel
08-27-2005, 08:55 AM
yea well everyones herd danny is the more "down to earth" guy in the band and isnt an asshole like the nard

Goldfoot
08-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Maybe from looking at past releases?

I wasn't a fan early enough to have to wait for a realease. I wanted to buy Lateralus, but I didn't know about it until it was done and the release date was not too far away. So, I have no idea how things went in the studio for that album or any other.

insaner
08-27-2005, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=insaner]

Yes you have met Danny, you are the man. We get it...

im not trying to brag, im just trying to give a little context as to what i know and how i know it.

so, piss off.

insaner
08-27-2005, 11:13 AM
oh shit, its god, hello sir, nice to know that you think ..GTFO

/fixed

some of you might want to try that sometime before you wildly speculate about things you know jack about.

and im fine right where im at. thanks.

TheRuleOfThree
08-27-2005, 11:51 AM

do you have any clue whatsoever about what it takes to get a major release ready to be sold after recording is finished?

first theres mastering, which takes at a minimum a month. in the meantime, the bands label must formulate the marketing and sales plan, and the band must begin to do press etc. after mastering, the album has to be manufactured, and ordering etc will be done at this time. and this is all assuming the artwork is done.

does yalls selfish desire to see this album come out tomorrow have to completely blind you to any sort of reason?

They are actually mastering each song on the spot after recording, so that process is cut significantly short. As far as "formulating a marketing and sales plan" goes, that takes about a week, not months. Press comes after a release date is announced. And it doesn't take months to manufacture a record. Its a piece of plastic with data and paper with pictures inside a bigger piece of plastic.

I understand the frustration, but honestly February at this point DOES seem like an overshot. My guess is that he just said that as a worst-case scenario. Springtime sounds correct to me if we assume another month of recording and mastering followed by four months of ... blah, I guess. I would guess we would get it before then just because anything else doesn't sound logical.

Cid
08-27-2005, 12:59 PM
maybe he was talking about the southern hemisphere's spring time......which would mean anywhere from september to december.......

haich
08-27-2005, 01:08 PM
good thinking

insaner
08-27-2005, 01:18 PM
They are actually mastering each song on the spot after recording, so that process is cut significantly short. As far as "formulating a marketing and sales plan" goes, that takes about a week, not months. Press comes after a release date is announced. And it doesn't take months to manufacture a record. Its a piece of plastic with data and paper with pictures inside a bigger piece of plastic.

I understand the frustration, but honestly February at this point DOES seem like an overshot. My guess is that he just said that as a worst-case scenario. Springtime sounds correct to me if we assume another month of recording and mastering followed by four months of ... blah, I guess. I would guess we would get it before then just because anything else doesn't sound logical.

mastering each song on the spot? are you that fucking ignorant? do you even know what mastering is?

and yeah, a week to formulate a marketing strategy for what will be one of the biggest releases the label will see that year? ok man.

manufacturing and shipping for a half mil unit pre order takes about 3 weeks. and a half mil pre order is lowballing it.

so febuary is after spring? cmon dude. THINK

dracomordag
08-27-2005, 01:36 PM
I say February. I'm hoping for December.

TheRuleOfThree
08-27-2005, 02:55 PM
mastering each song on the spot? are you that fucking ignorant? do you even know what mastering is?

and yeah, a week to formulate a marketing strategy for what will be one of the biggest releases the label will see that year? ok man.

manufacturing and shipping for a half mil unit pre order takes about 3 weeks. and a half mil pre order is lowballing it.

so febuary is after spring? cmon dude. THINK

There really isn't any reason to be so rude. Calm down man. Its just a record.

I do know what mastering is. While the entire albumd does have to be thrown together in the end and mastered fully, rather than recording the album with a producer and then speaking with an engineer and mixer to finish it (as is normally done) the band has the engineer in-house working towards that goal with every song already.

You're implying that a sales strategy for a record takes months to prepare. It doesn't. A month tops.

And lets assume a month to manufacture with the knowledge that international stores will receive records from international manufacturers.

And read what I said about Springtime. It DOESN'T sound right by any longshot. Thats my point. Sarcasm.

Calm down man. Good god.

insaner
08-27-2005, 04:48 PM
There really isn't any reason to be so rude. Calm down man. Its just a record.

I do know what mastering is. While the entire albumd does have to be thrown together in the end and mastered fully, rather than recording the album with a producer and then speaking with an engineer and mixer to finish it (as is normally done) the band has the engineer in-house working towards that goal with every song already.

You're implying that a sales strategy for a record takes months to prepare. It doesn't. A month tops.

And lets assume a month to manufacture with the knowledge that international stores will receive records from international manufacturers.

And read what I said about Springtime. It DOESN'T sound right by any longshot. Thats my point. Sarcasm.

Calm down man. Good god.

im calm man.

an engineer is always in the studio in addition to any producer. it does seem as if tool is producing the album theirselves, but mastering is a process, and it is not done in studio. it is done in maine most of the time at sterling sound. almost every single album in the universe is done there. just google recording mastering and check it out. the fact that tool is producing their own album means MORE work, not less. more work = more time. just because there isnt a seperate producer in house, doesnt mean anything at all near the way you phrased it.

sorry if i seem like an ass, but as soon as i come to this board, i see all sort sof junk from people who arent relaly thinkin and have no clue abotu what theyre talking about. that is frustrating to witness from the disciples of a band who practically BEG their fans to THINK and to educate themsleves.

again, google is everyones friend who doesnt know that much about the recording process.

you are wrong about dome other shit too, but im over arguing about it.

danny told you when the records coming out. believe him, or just worry yourself to death about it and make shit up to justify your ignorant assumptions, if it makes you feel better.

triad636
08-27-2005, 06:05 PM
is portland in maine?
i know like nothing about USA geography...
yes there is a portland maine.. there also is a portland oregon...

Spongebob
08-27-2005, 06:55 PM
does anyone know how long it took to record, master and market aenima and lateralus?
surely it didnt take 5-6 months.

i think tool would be keen to get it out ASAP once it is complete, they will takr their time with writing and recording and make sure its done well and they are happy with it, but after that im sure they will want to get it out quick and not let it leak on the internet.

i wouldnt mind if it comes out in february, especially if the DVD comes out before then, but their hasnt been any news on the dvd in months.

so does anyone know how long it took to record, master and market aenima and lateralus? if we can figure out how many months it took for the last albums then it should be a rough indication for this album.

insaner
08-27-2005, 07:32 PM
is portland in maine?
i know like nothing about USA geography...

yes, portland maine.

pretty much every album you have ever heard was mastered by george marino at sterling sound. if you dont believe me, go and look at the liner notes in every album you own. if its not him, its bob ludwig. ludwig opened gateway sound (lateralus) in the early 90s. i had forgotten when i posted the other thing about sterling being in maine, im just so used to it from growing up and it always being there, but if im not mistaken, sterling moved to nyc from maine but gateway is still in maine if i recall correctly.

to say a band is matering in the studio as they record is just ignorant.

insaner
08-27-2005, 07:44 PM
does anyone know how long it took to record, master and market aenima and lateralus?
surely it didnt take 5-6 months.

i think tool would be keen to get it out ASAP once it is complete, they will takr their time with writing and recording and make sure its done well and they are happy with it, but after that im sure they will want to get it out quick and not let it leak on the internet.

i wouldnt mind if it comes out in february, especially if the DVD comes out before then, but their hasnt been any news on the dvd in months.

so does anyone know how long it took to record, master and market aenima and lateralus? if we can figure out how many months it took for the last albums then it should be a rough indication for this album.

now youre thinking! if i remember right, Ænima took about 5 months to be released after recording started.

i believe lateralus took a little longer.

Spongebob
08-27-2005, 07:58 PM
after recording started? and how long did recording take? i think they will be finished recording soon if they arent finished already. but yeah, now you say that it shoudl take 5 months after recording, i guess even if they want to get it out quickly and keep it secret, it will still take till february to come out.

just gotta hope the dvd comes out soon. if the dvd came out in october i would be damn happy till february. that would keeop me going easy, im very excited about the dvd but its been talked up and then forgotten so many times for ages now i have to wonder if its ever coming out.

TenSpeed
08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Which DVD, the live DVD or the Schism single, or both?

triad636
08-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Which DVD, the live DVD or the Schism single, or both?
one of the hot topics of the moments is the live dvd, there is ur answer, noone really knows what is up with the schism dvd

Spongebob
08-27-2005, 09:05 PM
noone really knows whats up with either DVDs, but yeah, i was talking about the live dvd.

as im sure Tenspeed already knew before posting.

why would i be excited about seeing schism on dvd? i have already seen the music video heaps of times.

then again i have also seen the last tool shows heaps of times too, but the live dvd will be different.

Ryan
08-27-2005, 09:34 PM
a dualdisc?

48&2
08-28-2005, 01:31 AM
[QUOTE=48&2]

im not trying to brag, im just trying to give a little context as to what i know and how i know it.

so, piss off.

You don't know shit, you talked to him for what... 30 seconds? Moron...

waffel
08-28-2005, 02:26 AM
yes, portland maine.

pretty much every album you have ever heard was mastered by george marino at sterling sound. if you dont believe me, go and look at the liner notes in every album you own. if its not him, its bob ludwig. ludwig opened gateway sound (lateralus) in the early 90s. i had forgotten when i posted the other thing about sterling being in maine, im just so used to it from growing up and it always being there, but if im not mistaken, sterling moved to nyc from maine but gateway is still in maine if i recall correctly.

to say a band is matering in the studio as they record is just ignorant.

Sorry, but I just checked a few CDS and none were mastered by the people you mentioned or even the location you mentioned.

triad636
08-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Sorry, but I just checked a few CDS and none were mastered by the people you mentioned or even the location you mentioned.
insaner has been pwned!!!

insaner
08-28-2005, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=insaner]

You don't know shit, you talked to him for what... 30 seconds? Moron...

actually, i talked to him for about an hour, so say what you like.

insaner
08-28-2005, 10:31 AM

what cds?

it definately wasnt lateralus.

or about every other album ever made that got released by a major label.

sure, if u looked at a gg allin disc, i doubt it was mastered there.

but basically every single major release in the past 30 years has been mastered by one of those two companies. own my balls, idiot.

insaner
08-28-2005, 10:41 AM

oh, and even if i am wrong, what difference does it make? its still ignorant to say mastering is done simultaneously with recording.

but im not wrong.

ATARI
08-28-2005, 11:27 AM
oh, and even if i am wrong, what difference does it make? its still ignorant to say mastering is done simultaneously with recording.

but im not wrong.

Grammar works too.

insaner
08-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Grammar works too.
????????

do you mean punctuation and capitalization?

i do not have time....

Goldfoot
08-28-2005, 11:58 AM
????????

do you mean punctuation and capitalization?

i do not have time....

It's like ten extra keystrokes or something. By being here means you have plenty of time.

flipmojo
08-28-2005, 11:59 AM

Offense taken.

Listen here you little cock sucker. It is obvious that all you do is get on this message board to go through as many treads as possible posting your negative shit. All you do is try to bring people down.

Go fuck off.

insaner
08-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Offense taken.

Listen here you little cock sucker. It is obvious that all you do is get on this message board to go through as many treads as possible posting your negative shit. All you do is try to bring people down.

Go fuck off.

i recognize your nickname from somewhere, but im not sure where.

anyways, whatever man, i was just trying to keep all yall from endlessly trying to figure out when the album comes out by using faulty logic and pipe dreams. i could care less if youre offended by what ive said, its all been from the heart and its all been because i want yall to understand when the album will probably come out. the doubl;e album thiong i even apologized for. if your little feelings got hurt im sorry, but its a big bad world out there, and im in it, so deal.

do you disagree with anything ive said, or just the way ive said it?

sounds to me like youre pissed you couldnt ever say this to your father or teachers or someone else who was hard on you, and now youre taking it out on me.

and stick around, im sure i will piss you off again, if youre that fucking soft.

insaner
08-28-2005, 12:19 PM
It's like ten extra keystrokes or something. By being here means you have plenty of time.

anyways....

this isnt grammar school. this is how i speak on the net.

let me ask you something, do you speak with perfect fucking english when you talk casually?

well, this is casual.

im not writing my seniors thesis on electromagnetic grids.

Fap
08-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Insaner, internet tough guy extraordinaire.

sounds to me like youre pissed you couldnt ever say this to your father or teachers or someone else who was hard on you, and now youre taking it out on me.

Sounds to me like you're talking from your ass, and there's a remote possibility you're the one that's venting your petty frustrations on an online forum.

anyways....

this isnt grammar school. this is how i speak on the net.

Since we can't speak to you in person, we can only gather what you're like as a person by how you articulate yourself through text. In full honesty, people aren't getting on your case for your spelling as much as how you're behaving. Just chill... the internet isn't serious business.

insaner
08-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Insaner, internet tough guy extraordinaire.

Sounds to me like you're talking from your ass, and there's a remote possibility you're the one that's venting your petty frustrations on an online forum.

Since we can't speak to you in person, we can only gather what you're like as a person by how you articulate yourself through text. In full honesty, people aren't getting on your case for your spelling as much as how you're behaving. Just chill... the internet isn't serious business.

yeah, my only frustration is the amount of misinfo beign distributed here, and im trying to help those who might be lurking not to get caugfht up in thinking these wild speculations are anything resembling a fact. this is how bullshit rumours get started, and i think this would be a place where someone could come and get some actual info. thats what i am attempting to provide, in direct contrast to the bullshit thats being pumped here.

and belive me, im no noob bro. not really concerned with the impression i leave, other than that of someone who doesnt bullshit. trust me, im a nice guy and im as lighthearted as the next. i will settle down here in a few, just wanted to get the rumour ship pointed in the right direction. and im far from some internet tough guy. others are the ones being idiots saying i should get banned or that i need to fuck off, because what im saying here is the truth, not some made up bullshit cause i so badly desire the tool record to come out tomorrow. sure, im a little hard on them, but only because i want them to actually think, not just manipulate the evidence to fit their own agenda.

Perseensilmä
08-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Let's remember some shit while we discuss this issue:

-Even the burgers are secret, if they want to keep it under tight wraps they wouldn't probably tell that much details to some fan who is probably going to spread the info in to the ears which they don't want to tell anything. So, either cid is bullshitiing, danny is bullshiting or something. If they want to keep it a secret, they have reasons for it and if they have reasons they are careful.

-BMG has in some point thought that it's going to be a September release. This was according to the BMG Finland. In their new weekly newsletter they don't have a Tool release in September or November.

-Something is definitely going on.

waffel
08-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Offense taken.

Go fuck off.

Holy shit thats comeback of the year award material right there.

waffel
08-28-2005, 02:46 PM
what cds?

it definately wasnt lateralus.

or about every other album ever made that got released by a major label.

sure, if u looked at a gg allin disc, i doubt it was mastered there.

but basically every single major release in the past 30 years has been mastered by one of those two companies. own my balls, idiot.

Isis - Panopticon and Clutch - Robot Hive

So therefore, I proved your little e-thuggin ass wrong.

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 02:49 PM
all the record stores in NZ said its coming out in september 19th, then they said late october.

im not saying that the tool album will be out in october for sure and tool have been lieing and keeping it all secret and will have it out ealrier than predicted. but its a possiblity, sure it might not look too likely tool are unpredictable.

a release this year is still a possiblity, sure its wishful thinking, and some know it all person can say im starting up rumours and im ignorant and im wrong, but we will just have to wait and see.

FortySix&Two
08-28-2005, 03:13 PM
I think there is still a high probability that we'll see the release this year. If it's two different albums like SOAD is doing, we will only see the first half this year, but that's definitely better than fucking nothing.

I'm thinking that they easily have enough time for everything involved in making an album, marketing it, and releasing it, to at least get part of it (if that's the way it's going to be released), this year.

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 03:26 PM
i doubt they will release two albums seperalty, i think it will be double disc, but not two seperate discs like nelly and SOAD, just doesnt seem like a tool move.

KJM
08-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I think it's hilarious that people really want to ignore everything the band says because they just need to deny the truth that badly.

Wretched
08-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Danny Carey says...... This thread sucks

You are correct.

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:38 PM

-Even the burgers are secret, if they want to keep it under tight wraps they wouldn't probably tell that much details to some fan who is probably going to spread the info in to the ears which they don't want to tell anything. So, either cid is bullshitiing, danny is bullshiting or something. If they want to keep it a secret, they have reasons for it and if they have reasons they are careful.

-BMG has in some point thought that it's going to be a September release. This was according to the BMG Finland. In their new weekly newsletter they don't have a Tool release in September or November.

thats just fucking rediculous. sure, they keep shit secret. its not like cid said, "hey man, whats the album name" or "danny, whats the first single about" or "danny, whats the album about" he simply asked when its gonna come out. he got a relatively vague answer, spring, or maybe february. this is obvious common knowledge for anyone with a brain. cid isnt lying, and neither was danny. id be willing to place any wager youd like on that FACT.

those release dates couldve been for any number of things, or bmg in finland mightve jumped the gun on a release date they got from somewhere.

yes something is going on. tool is either in the studio, or have finished in the past couple of days. thats just a fact. you can believe it or not. time will prove it to be true though.

Wretched
08-28-2005, 04:40 PM
yes something is going on. tool is either in the studio, or have finished in the past couple of days. thats just a fact. you can believe it or not. time will prove it to be true though.

I guess it is a fact, but those are really the only two options isn't it? Either they are done or they are still working. Thanks. With your detective skills, and the collective brains of this forum, we are now three steps closer to figuring out when the release date of the album is.

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Isis - Panopticon and Clutch - Robot Hive

So therefore, I proved your little e-thuggin ass wrong.

i dont even know what an e thug is, but you didnt prove shit wrong. take every cd you have, jackass, and tell me what percentage were mastered by one of those two companies. then report back.

clutch is my other favorite band btw, and while robot hive/exodus is a somewhat major release, its hardly a release as big as any tool record.

isis is a very small band. panopticon i believe was mastered in LA by the dog himself. a giant in the recording industry for many years. he was en engineer mostly, and started mastering in house in LA.

i can play this stupid game all day, but the fact remains what i claim to be truth, is truth.

if you think otherwise you are simply wrong.

funny you dont mention where lateralus was mastered. funny you dont explain what any of this has to do with my original point that no album in history has been mastered as it was being recorded. thats simply impossible. it defys the definition of mastering. this is the reason i began talking about mastering. someone said they were mastering the album as they were recording it, ans thats imply untrue.

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
I think it's hilarious that people really want to ignore everything the band says because they just need to deny the truth that badly.

thank you kjm. glad to see at least someone here doesnt have their head planted up their ass.

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I guess it is a fact, but those are really the only two options isn't it? Either they are done or they are still working. Thanks. With your detective skills, and the collective brains of this forum, we are now three steps closer to figuring out when the release date of the album is.

whoops

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:48 PM

moron, i said that because some here seem to think theyve been done with the album for months.

what i said was, either its still being recorded, or its only been done for like a day or two at the most. as in, since friday.

id say they arent finished, but thats just an educated guess. do you have some desire just to make me look bad? you certainly didnt provide any argument against mine. and i gaurantee the date of the 8th was definately correct as to when they went into the studio.

Wretched
08-28-2005, 04:52 PM
moron, i said that because some here seem to think theyve been done with the album for months.

what i said was, either its still being recorded, or its only been done for like a day or two at the most. as in, since friday.

id say they arent finished, but thats just an educated guess. do you have some desire just to make me look bad? you certainly didnt provide any argument against mine. and i gaurantee the date of the 8th was definately correct as to when they went into the studio.

Yep. You are right, I am wrong. Fuck man. All I want is a little give AND take in our relationship. I seem to be doing all the giving and you just keep taking.

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Holy shit thats comeback of the year award material right there.

comebacks must be pretty fucking sad around here normally then.

insaner
08-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Yep. You are right, I am wrong. Fuck man. All I want is a little give AND take in our relationship. I seem to be doing all the giving and you just keep taking.

lol.

sorry for all the ad hominums, but i kinda feel like im beating my head against a wall here, and all im trying to do is explain some shit. trying to give, im just not getting very far i see.

Wretched
08-28-2005, 04:57 PM
You're still sleeping on the couch tonight.

Bubba_Phat
08-28-2005, 05:01 PM
If they're going to wait that long, I don't see why they just do the 6/6/06 release date....

insaner
08-28-2005, 05:04 PM
If they're going to wait that long, I don't see why they just do the 6/6/06 release date....

or they could go ahead and have another album done and release it then.

*drool*

Sleep
08-28-2005, 05:16 PM
They're sitting at the mixing console listening to the album. A mixing console is the desk with all the knobs and etc on it. Mixing the album itself is something completely different. As is mastering.

You can see the mixing desk in the first picture in the newsletter.

I don't think the bands would keep the album under real tight wraps only for Danny to give the estimated release date to any fan who asks him about it.

hellboy1975
08-28-2005, 05:26 PM
i doubt they will release two albums seperalty, i think it will be double disc, but not two seperate discs like nelly and SOAD, just doesnt seem like a tool move.

Maybe, given the Axl Rose remark, Tool are currently recording Use Your Illusion 3 and 4

48&2
08-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Leave insaner alone guys, he knows Danny Carey, we just wouldn't understand...

flipmojo
08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Leave insaner alone guys, he knows Danny Carey, we just wouldn't understand...

Let's not leave him alone. Let's ban him. We don't need another asshole around here who thinks his opinions are better than everyone else's. All he is here to do is mess with people.

Vote to ban insaner. His username says it all.

Lo Pan
08-28-2005, 07:42 PM
he said in the bin febuary

Spongebob
08-28-2005, 07:42 PM
give him a chance, hes probably just got sand in his vagina.

KJM
08-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Let's not leave him alone. Let's ban him. We don't need another asshole around here who thinks his opinions are better than everyone else's. All he is here to do is mess with people.

your posts lead me to believe you're the one who can't accept others opinions.

insaner
08-28-2005, 08:28 PM

what have i said that was an opinion? not a goddamn thing.

im taking what we KNOW and postulating from there. its not really difficult.

that is if you choose to use your brain.

and you want to ban me cause i speak with some sort of logic? my opinion is that youre a fucking dipshit.

and where else do i know you from?

48&2
08-28-2005, 08:49 PM
KJM, dude your oldschool, I don't remember you though, have you been lurking all this time?

Chris_Brightwell
08-28-2005, 10:48 PM
sorry if i seem like an ass, but as soon as i come to this board, i see all sort sof junk from people who arent relaly thinkin and have no clue abotu what theyre talking about. that is frustrating to witness from the disciples of a band who practically BEG their fans to THINK and to educate themsleves.
Wow ... J ... You are a fucking breath of fresh air.

Glad to see you venturing out of the usenet abyss for a while. :)

Chris_Brightwell
08-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Listen here you little cock sucker. [...] All you do is try to bring people down.Oh, the irony. It hurts.

Chris_Brightwell
08-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Sounds to me like you're talking from your ass, and there's a remote possibility you're the one that's venting your petty frustrations on an online forum. I can vouch for J, I've known him for years. He knows his shit.

Chris_Brightwell
08-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Vote to ban insaner. I'm here to tell you that it ain't gonna happen.

anoimnn
08-28-2005, 11:32 PM

Wow! So not everybody here is giving shit to others!

insaner
08-29-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm here to tell you that it ain't gonna happen.

lol i was wonderin when you were gona ride in to save me :)

what is it all teenagers here?

its funny man, ive been on the clutch board for a while and finally checked this place out.

usenet is like a dinosaur compared to these new boards with hot links and pics n shit.

Chris_Brightwell
08-29-2005, 12:31 AM
usenet is like a dinosaur compared to these new boards with hot links and pics n shit.I still prefer usenet, despite being an admin here for nearly three years.

There's just something more organic about usenet. More inviting. I don't find friends like you and Jimmy and maeve here. Just a bunch of people who hate me because I'm The Man.

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Just another reminder:

Thanks for all the birthday greetings sent in by friends and fans, but, to be perfectly honest, I'm just a little disappointed that NO Los Angeles area fans turned up at the dinner party at the El Coyote where they could have seen MJK and members of Tool (along with friends with lesser voices) sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Danny. Had anyone shown up (in this day of Google, how hard was it to figure out from the clues EL... and the place where Sharon Tate had her last meal?), they could have asked the members of the band how the recording process was going for themselves. I guess you guys just wanted to respect the band's privacy. Well, for that... thanks! but you truly missed a good one, and, to answer the question, things are just fine! I'll try to post some photos taken at the parties in a few days or so.

BMB

What the fuck? He is talking about recording process!

You know the old saying, “no news is good news”, well… that was the case as far as the recording process was going for the new Tool CD, but now things may have changed a bit. Yesterday, when I went to the studio to give Maynard a bottle of wine (a 1992 Maya) for winning the bet that I had with him involving his new film “Sleeping Dogs Lie” (I lost by default, not being able to attend the Sedona screening), not only wasn’t Maynard there, but, in what seems to be a case of enantiodromia (something becoming its opposite) if ever there was one (!), I was told the reason why he wasn’t there. I wish this post was dated April 1, but, unfortunately, it isn’t. Like a doctor giving a patient a straight, honest answer to a medical diagnosis, without sugar-coating the truth, here’s exactly what I was told: “Maynard has found Jesus.” This will come as a complete shock to most (but not all) of you, as it did to me. In fact, it just seemed like another MJK prank until I talked to the one person who I believe would know if all this was legit or not. After nearly an hour on the phone with this person, the answer I received was that Maynard has indeed “found Jesus” and that, for this reason, he’s abandoned the project for the time being, if not entirely. I don’t know what the f**k is in the water these days, but hopefully a black jelly belly will turn up in that golden bowl… that’s all I can think to say at this point. Before leaving the studio, I watched as Danny made arrangements to go play some golf, while Adam and Justin kept working on a particular song. So, in case you missed it (those who don’t read the whole post), here’s today's news: Maynard has found Jesus…

BMB

He talks about it again! It was April! Hmmmm...

KJM
08-29-2005, 06:29 AM
I have been lurking. Mainly for the reasons insaner gave plus a few others.

Tool fans are fucking annoying. But amongst all the crap here I still find useful info such as the info found in insaners post.

triad636
08-29-2005, 06:35 AM
I have been lurking. Mainly for the reasons insaner gave plus a few others.

Tool fans are fucking annoying. But amongst all the crap here I still find useful info such as the info found in insaners post.
the main reason that people are being annoying is they are excited/pissed/ready to kill blair.. for this new album, all this chaos of release dates and album speculation will be gone until we hear word of another album after this one... when the new album does come out, we wont spend too much time in the farm as much and we will be spending more time reading what people have to say in the new album section..

Goldfoot
08-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Just another reminder:

What the fuck? He is talking about recording process!

He talks about it again! It was April! Hmmmm...

Hence why I don't like Blair. Danny said that the album was half recorded, right? Maybe it wasn't Danny, but if the album is only half recorded after recording since May or earlier, then we are going to have to wait a lot longer than February or Spring like Danny said.

Considering people saying it takes 5 months or more after recording, they should be done recording around November if they started in August like +void+ was told. That's my take on it.

the main reason that people are being annoying is they are excited/pissed/ready to kill blair.. for this new album, all this chaos of release dates and album speculation will be gone until we hear word of another album after this one... when the new album does come out, we wont spend too much time in the farm as much and we will be spending more time reading what people have to say in the new album section..

This is the Forthcoming Album RUMOR Mill....

Wouldn't a rumor mill be a place for people to discuss the things that they are discussing??

Chris_Brightwell
08-29-2005, 08:56 AM
the main reason that people are being annoying is they are excited/pissed/ready to kill blair.. Wrong. The Tool community gets like this any time there's something in the works. The internet has just made it more obnoxious.

for this new album, all this chaos of release dates and album speculation will be gone until we hear word of another album after this one... Wrong again. People will be freaking out about the tour and the DVD that never was and half a dozen other things. Tool fans, by and large, are never satisfied, which is kind of disappointing.

when the new album does come out, we wont spend too much time in the farm as much and we will be spending more time reading what people have to say in the new album section..I hope this is the truth. I really do.

triad636
08-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Wrong. The Tool community gets like this any time there's something in the works. The internet has just made it more obnoxious.

Wrong again. People will be freaking out about the tour and the DVD that never was and half a dozen other things. Tool fans, by and large, are never satisfied, which is kind of disappointing.

I hope this is the truth. I really do.
brightwell, you are a man of wisdom, as ive said before i respect you for that, as far as people in the new album section, i know i will be there checking out people's take on each of the songs and artwork, thanx for also correcting me, i just realized what i said is how i feel, and not necessarily what others feel...

KJM
08-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Exactly. It never stops. In fact it just gets worse with every album because there are just more fans added to the fold. Not that I wish for them to loose their fan base..it just seems that a band like tool should have fans that aren't so..eh..at times..

annoyingly moronic?

waffel
08-29-2005, 09:32 AM
This topic turned out pretty well.

*plays theme to beverly hills cop*

Chris_Brightwell
08-29-2005, 09:40 AM
as far as people in the new album section, i know i will be there checking out people's take on each of the songs and artwork,As will I.

i just realized what i said is how i feel, and not necessarily what others feel...Good thing, too. ;)

Personally, I refuse to get excited about new albums from bands that I really adore, because I hate to build up this expectation that they can never match. I came dangerously close to being disappointed by Lateralus and With Teeth, all because of what I was expecting (or, at least, what I thought I was expecting).

With that in mind, I'm not even really anxious to get the new Tool album. I know that it'll be in my hands when it's good and ready. Until then, I'm still finding new music to discover and rediscover.

Artist of the day? Primus. Tomorrow is feeling like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Not sure. I'll probably spend some time with the Foo Fighters today, too. :) I have roughly 450 albums by bands that aren't Tool. I'm taking some time to enjoy them.

triad636
08-29-2005, 09:44 AM
As will I.

Good thing, too. ;)

Personally, I refuse to get excited about new albums from bands that I really adore, because I hate to build up this expectation that they can never match. I came dangerously close to being disappointed by Lateralus and With Teeth, all because of what I was expecting (or, at least, what I thought I was expecting).

With that in mind, I'm not even really anxious to get the new Tool album. I know that it'll be in my hands when it's good and ready. Until then, I'm still finding new music to discover and rediscover.

Artist of the day? Primus. Tomorrow is feeling like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Not sure. I'll probably spend some time with the Foo Fighters today, too. :) I have roughly 450 albums by bands that aren't Tool. I'm taking some time to enjoy them.

i know this may seem odd to you, but you have just changed my views on the album, im going to stop wondering when and just wait..im sure the album will be better if i stop worrying/thinking about it, from now on im just waiting, thanx again chris ;)

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't know why, but I have become kinda crazy. I actually expect this album! ALOT!

flipmojo
08-29-2005, 11:04 AM
It is obvious that this board hasn't changed at all. It has always been a place where pukes thrive. A place where the people who feel that their opinions are god-like, and others opinions are naive and ignorant, can thrive and spread their rank and lowlife ways with little resistance.

Insaner is an asshole. Bottom line. People are allowed to think whatever the fuck they want to think. It is not your job to try and make people feel their opinions are misguided and wrong. It is not your job to bully around honest people when it is obvious you are a gutless coward who wouldn't have the balls to put himself out there for everyone to see. You hide behind a facade of negativity. It wreaks.

The moderators here do nothing to encourage open discussion. They play favorites to the scum and have no decent standard of moderation. I've been coming to this site for YEARS and it has never changed. In fact, this place is hanging on by a very thin thread. I'm getting to old for this shit now. Years ago, I didn't mind going round and round with assholes. But these days, I would be a fool to do so because I know that they are a dime a dozen and they never change. You could spend an eternity bickering with them. It is the same as talking to a wall, or a mule.

So adios assholes. I'm going to kill this before it even begins. There is still plenty of time to get excited about the new Tool release without being brought down by scum. To those of you that like to believe and have hope in your lives, don't be misled by these turds. Think whatever you want to think. You won't be let down. If the new album comes out next year, it will only make it sweeter. Stay true to yourselves. Those gutless punks wouldn't have the first clue about living open and free. C-ya.

KJM
08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
That seems to be a running theme for you on message boards.

"Everyone else is the asshole, I'm leaving"

insaner
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
It is obvious that this board hasn't changed at all. It has always been a place where pukes thrive. A place where the people who feel that their opinions are god-like, and others opinions are naive and ignorant, can thrive and spread their rank and lowlife ways with little resistance..

Main Entry: opin·ion
Pronunciation: &-'pin-y&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin opinion-, opinio, from opinari
1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : APPROVAL, ESTEEM
2 a : belief stronger than impression and LESS STRONG THAN POSITIVE KNOWLEDGE b : a generally held view

i have offered not one opinion here. i have not abused anyone else's opinion. i have taken the things we KNOW TO BE TRUE and have speculated on that.

Insaner is an asshole. Bottom line. People are allowed to think whatever the fuck they want to think. It is not your job to try and make people feel their opinions are misguided and wrong. It is not your job to bully around honest people when it is obvious you are a gutless coward who wouldn't have the balls to put himself out there for everyone to see. You hide behind a facade of negativity. It wreaks..

ok i admit ive been an asshole. but i have done it for a reason. you will notice that everything ive said has now become at least somewhat accepted around here. im tough on ignorance. i stand by my tone. yes, people can think whatever they want, but if what they think is based upon total ignorance, i feel the need to speak up. they can thank me later. and waht do you mean about putting myself out there? im right here, and anyone is free to criticise my points. and its reeks btw.

The moderators here do nothing to encourage open discussion. They play favorites to the scum and have no decent standard of moderation. I've been coming to this site for YEARS and it has never changed. In fact, this place is hanging on by a very thin thread. I'm getting to old for this shit now. Years ago, I didn't mind going round and round with assholes. But these days, I would be a fool to do so because I know that they are a dime a dozen and they never change. You could spend an eternity bickering with them. It is the same as talking to a wall, or a mule.

So adios assholes. I'm going to kill this before it even begins. There is still plenty of time to get excited about the new Tool release without being brought down by scum. To those of you that like to believe and have hope in your lives, don't be misled by these turds. Think whatever you want to think. You won't be let down. If the new album comes out next year, it will only make it sweeter. Stay true to yourselves. Those gutless punks wouldn't have the first clue about living open and free. C-ya.

funny you speak about living open and free, yet what you desire is MORE MODERATION. lol. and people being let down si exactly what im trying to avoid here. the ones who will be let down are the ones who refuse to believe any real information, and instead rely upon rumours and total shite posted by people who have no clue what the fuck theyre talking about. if people would just stop and think for a minute, they wouldnt have to be let down. i see that most werent thinking very clearly, and ive done my best to steer them in the right direction. im still at a loss why you get so bent out of shape because someone burst your little fantasy that the albums done and is coming out tomorrow, by using what we KNOW TO BE TRUE to formulate a logical timeframe for a release date. get over yourself, mister free thinker.

and im still wondering why your screen name is so familiar....

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 11:46 AM
How many have actually left? hmmmmmmmmmm... there was this one guy... no, wait, he didn't leave afterall.

flipmojo is right. There are a lot of assholes who seem to enjoy picking on other people. A little bit of brotherhood, is it asking too much?

insaner
08-29-2005, 11:52 AM
How many have actually left? hmmmmmmmmmm... there was this one guy... no, wait, he didn't leave afterall.

flipmojo is right. There are a lot of assholes who seem to enjoy picking on other people. A little bit of brotherhood, is it asking too much?

i dont really enjoy being an asshole. i just felt it was the most direct way to get the information we do have filtered from the idiotic bullshit.

since you seem very nice, maybe i will change my tone from now on, since i feel as if my words might actually carry a little weight now around here. im sure to be an asshole sometimes though, because ignorance really pisses me off.

and im all about some brotherhood, trust me.

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 12:30 PM
great, now you are trying to get into my pants...

he he.

Well, I don't know about those other guys, but I haven't been this excited because of some upcoming record, ever. So, it's kinda natural that I try to get information from any possible sources, try to analyze that info, try to analyze Blair, try to do anything while I wait for that album.

and yeah, I may have spread this stupid information, but it's just something that I have found, formed my opinion on it, and brought it for you to evaluate. You know, I see a release date somewhere, I have read some of Blair's posts. Anything. I am not too pleased to see other people calling each other an asshole or something and picking on them and letting them down. You guys, don't be so cynical, let's enjoy this wait.

insaner
08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
great, now you are trying to get into my pants...

he he.

Well, I don't know about those other guys, but I haven't been this excited because of some upcoming record, ever. So, it's kinda natural that I try to get information from any possible sources, try to analyze that info, try to analyze Blair, try to do anything while I wait for that album.

and yeah, I may have spread this stupid information, but it's just something that I have found, formed my opinion on it, and brought it for you to evaluate. You know, I see a release date somewhere, I have read some of Blair's posts. Anything. I am not too pleased to see other people calling each other an asshole or something and picking on them and letting them down. You guys, don't be so cynical, let's enjoy this wait.

nah, i got a gf lol. shes into girls though, so who knows ;)

i understand, im dying for the album myself, just like i did for Ænima and lateralus.

but i definately enjoy the wait. be it sex, or music, or xmas, the anticipation is ALWAYS one of the best parts.

Spongebob
08-29-2005, 02:29 PM
i think we all need to get stoned and laid and chill the fuck out a tad.

tool fans are great, waiting for the album is tough, but we will cope.

hold in there comrades, dont worry about it flipmojo, chris b, insaner, KJM, you're all alright.
*group hug*

UtUmNo1
08-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Refractionoid...?

insaner
08-29-2005, 05:51 PM
i think we all need to get stoned and laid and chill the fuck out a tad.

tool fans are great, waiting for the album is tough, but we will cope.

hold in there comrades, dont worry about it flipmojo, chris b, insaner, KJM, you're all alright.
*group hug*

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!! *hug* *sniffle*

48&2
08-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Wrong. The Tool community gets like this any time there's something in the works. The internet has just made it more obnoxious.

Wrong again. People will be freaking out about the tour and the DVD that never was and half a dozen other things. Tool fans, by and large, are never satisfied, which is kind of disappointing.

Seriously, can you stop using the word 'wrong', this is an opinion forum.

Spongebob
08-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!! *hug* *sniffle*

wow, slow down we just met.

Chris_Brightwell
08-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Seriously, can you stop using the word 'wrong', this is an opinion forum.Thank you, Captain Obvious.

The problem with your mispunctuated request is that the idea at hand wasn't open for opinions. I've been through four Tool album releases now (plus Salival), and they're all the same.

TheRuleOfThree
08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Well, anyway.

To the people asking about posts regarding recording in March and months afterwards; its very likely the band was demoing their new material before actually going to record the finish product. Tool does this a lot as do most bands. The "recording" Blair spoke of probably was during that process, since there were also posts around that time of writing as well.