PDA

View Full Version : I know someone knows this

Rixor
02-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Someone has got to know what Faaip de Oiad means. Is it Latin or what?

jpmanson
02-18-2003, 06:59 PM
its enochian(i think) for "voice of god"

Chris_Brightwell
02-18-2003, 07:16 PM
This is answered in the FAQ.

Honestly, folks -- Kabir didn't write that thing for his own personal enjoyment.

--
Chris Brightwell // moderator

crow011
02-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell

Honestly, folks -- Kabir didn't write that thing for his own personal enjoyment.

--

ive got $5 that says he probably did . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

jpmanson
02-18-2003, 08:50 PM

--

shit, i have in the past been a huge advocate of the FAQ.. but damn, what is the point anymore? no one seems to read it. i mean shit, if people read that shit, how many threads would there be here?

Rixor
02-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Shit I'm sorry. Most forums I join make you read the FAQ before joining.

jpmanson
02-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Rixor
Shit I'm sorry. Most forums I join make you read the FAQ before joining.

so i think you should have figur3d it out by now..

sorruy about being an ass..

Rixor
02-18-2003, 11:00 PM
No I mean while in the process of registering they have a copy of the faqs which prompts you to read it before joining. But I guess the faq here is way to long for that crap. Sorry bout making a whole new topic about this. I now know how noobs feel.

guy
02-23-2003, 05:28 PM
that faq is old as hell anyway

Phosphoros
02-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Rixor
Someone has got to know what Faaip de Oiad means. Is it Latin or what? In latin it would be "Vox Dei". And I think it's actually wrong, go and search in the web for the "keys" (or calls, I don't remember well) of Enoch,here is a cool link: http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/enoch/callench.htm

Chris_Brightwell
02-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by guy
that faq is old as hell anyway Why continually update the FAQ if there's nothing to update with?

--

the reverend
02-24-2003, 04:44 AM
Why continually update the FAQ if there's nothing to update with?

--

Heh, hes got a point there.
It has been updated since Lateralus and thats really all thats important.

4th Eye
02-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Yeah, it should be updated when Tool puts out new stuff.

That enochian is quite difficult to understand...

abefrohmn
03-03-2003, 04:59 AM
Look, I'm a big buff on the esoteric shit in life. But how in the fuck does anybody know that Faaip de Oiad is supposed translate into anything at all. Especially a crypto-language like "Enochian" I mean, the Mormons think "Pay Lay Ale" translates to some form of God's name in the Adamic language, which I think is suppose be the same as Enochian technically, but they don't sound nothing alike. Kabir good sir, Crowley buffs (of which I'm not one since I haven't had time to read any of our resident patron saint of smack's works) feel free to confute and correct me. I just think that stuff like that is stretching it so fucking far is all.

fire engine
03-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Okay i know that Faaip De Oiad means "Voice of God" in Enochian, as answered in the FAQ, but how in the world are ya supposed to pronounce words like that???

Skinshifter01
01-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Okay, I realise this is slightly off topic, but has anyone read the link to the Calls of Enoch? That crap is really screwed up, and I can't really tell if it's a poem type deal...or just words that are used in Enochian...but as far as I can tell, it's a poem, and it's the Christian/Jewish/one could go as far as to say Muslim "God" talking to "Satan" and then later to his own "Angels" and then later even to man...and if any of you have read the Book by Bill Bryson ( I believe) "Nothing in This Book is True, but It's Exactly the Way Things Are" You'll know that that one web site puts a lot of suspicions upon our creation no matter what faith you belong to.

Okay, well, I just thought I'd post that...it doesn't really follow the topic of this particular thread....just wondering if I could get some followups...

IC
01-19-2004, 03:54 PM
wow...i think 15 posts it was to answer 'Voice of God' wow...somebody's really on top of things here

Chris_Brightwell
01-19-2004, 04:05 PM
It was answered in the second message of this thread.

King Koala
02-10-2004, 12:57 AM
So, I suppose you haven't heard all the stories about the Enochian language? It's pretty creepy stuff.