PDA

View Full Version : done recording?

merman
08-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Do you guys think they are done recording? On Adam's myspace, there WERE pictures of tape suitcases? Maybe to signify their final result? I recollect there being up to Day 13 of recording or something...

Discuss.

Cid
08-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Do you guys think they are done recording? On Adam's myspace, there WERE pictures of tape suitcases? Maybe to signify their final result? I recollect there being up to Day 13 of recording or something...

Discuss.

they are done

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 10:56 PM

Discuss.

It was up to day eleven, and he took that picture down, but it can be viewed here:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/fork666/recording%203/A-26reels.jpg

Personally, I think they are either done, or really close. It's been seventeen days since the 8th....

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
they are done

How do you know?

Cid
08-24-2005, 10:59 PM
i'm going to see volto tomorrow...if i can get a chance to talk to danny i'm going to ask him something about the new album. hopefully he can he'll say if they're done recording or not at least.

Cid
08-24-2005, 10:59 PM
How do you know?

i have no clue, just fucking around....i'll try to find out tomorrow.

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 11:01 PM
i have no clue, just fucking around....i'll try to find out tomorrow.

That would be sweet. Does that mean you are going to let us know if you find out anything?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
My personal opinion is that they are done too and now they are working on the video.

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 11:07 PM
My personal opinion is that they are done too and now they are working on the video.

Can you imagine how long it must take to make their videos. It's baffling.

Cid
08-24-2005, 11:09 PM
That would be sweet. Does that mean you are going to let us know if you find out anything?

if i talked to danny and found anything out about the new album or anything tool related that no one here knows, of course this would be the first place i come and tell everyone. though most people might not believe me, i know i'd be skeptical of someone saying they met danny and found something out. but if i do, i'll post something here and i won't be lying.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Can you imagine how long it must take to make their videos. It's baffling.

Exactly why I am saying that they are working on the Vid now and also why adam hasent posted anymore pix.

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Exactly why I am saying that they are working on the Vid now and also why adam hasent posted anymore pix.

I know. I just wanted to say it so that I could read it. It's still just as baffling though.

flipmojo
08-24-2005, 11:53 PM
also why adam hasent posted anymore pix.

He is busy tracking the guitar parts for the album.

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
The new single is "Let the bodies reincarnate". It's their take on Drowning Pool's "Bodies". The video will feature Maynard being in a straight jacket inside an asylum being pushed around by doctors. Danny will come in and kill the doctors and save Maynard, but Zombie Adam will eat them both and they will appear inside his stomach with Satan (played by Justin) who eats them aswell, and then it shows them entering the final level of Hell, where Maynard and Danny kiss because they are gay lovers and were banished to hell for it.

Spongebob
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
i find it interesting that during the time that they were ment to be recording and the pics were going up, adam spent heaps of time on his mysapce account, amazing he had the time to do that when they are ment to be recording.
maybe they were done then.

Isac Khrondor
08-25-2005, 02:17 AM
The new single is "Let the bodies reincarnate". It's their take on Drowning Pool's "Bodies". The video will feature Maynard being in a straight jacket inside an asylum being pushed around by doctors. Danny will come in and kill the doctors and save Maynard, but Zombie Adam will eat them both and they will appear inside his stomach with Satan (played by Justin) who eats them aswell, and then it shows them entering the final level of Hell, where Maynard and Danny kiss because they are gay lovers and were banished to hell for it.

Please, don't post anymore.

haich
08-25-2005, 03:14 AM

clone
08-25-2005, 05:21 AM
i find it interesting that during the time that they were ment to be recording and the pics were going up, adam spent heaps of time on his mysapce account, amazing he had the time to do that when they are ment to be recording.

Or maybe they were recording other instruments so he had more time, and now he's recording the guitar parts and that's why the the updates on MySpace stopped

Gouldius
08-25-2005, 06:18 AM
On the subject of those tape cases. Does that red writing down the bottom say "Dolby"?....

If so, that is surley something pertaining to a DVD/Video.

clone
08-25-2005, 06:22 AM
On the subject of those tape cases. Does that red writing down the bottom say "Dolby"?....

If so, that is surley something pertaining to a DVD/Video.

DOLBY SR, in fact. which may stand for "dolby surround". But I don't think It's a DVD/Video tape

LeChuck
08-25-2005, 06:28 AM
DOLBY SR, in fact. which may stand for "dolby surround". But I don't think It's a DVD/Video tape

No shit Shrelock! DVD doesn't use tape!

DOUBLY SR, it most definitely is used for Audio&Video -thingees. Master tapes for audio for video.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
08-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Who the hell ever said that they were recording at the beginning of this month? Just 'cause Adam posted those photos in August doesn't mean they were necessarily recording in August. For all we know they could be at the mixing stage..... or they could be recording.... still or sitting on their asscracks.

Goldfoot
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Who the hell ever said that they were recording at the beginning of this month? Just 'cause Adam posted those photos in August doesn't mean they were necessarily recording in August. For all we know they could be at the mixing stage..... or they could be recording.... still or sitting on their asscracks.

Apparently a guy from PLC said it so calm the fuck down.

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 01:19 PM

:'(

triad636
08-25-2005, 01:29 PM
:'(
cheer up man i still <3 ya :)

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 01:42 PM
:)

Intertwined
08-25-2005, 01:59 PM
:-Y

Album will have 18 tracks?

Bogart
08-25-2005, 06:14 PM
jesus christ where is the fucking august newsletter!!!

randomhero8823
08-25-2005, 06:24 PM
jesus christ where is the fucking august newsletter!!!

yeah where is piece of poo blair and his august newsletter?

triad636
08-25-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah where is piece of poo blair and his august newsletter?
bliar is probably going to wait till the last day of august

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Or half of Septemeber.

Bogart
08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
im sure when the newsletter comes out we'll hear how volto is playing at the baked potato, something stupid about the silver coleman, and at the end of the letter he will say recording is going good. god i hate his fucking newsletters. most of the shit doesnt even pertain to the band, im sure its done purposely just to fuck with us, blair is a cluster fuck straight up

insaner
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
some of you people are really fucking dim.

it is obvious by all of the evidence we have, that tool began recording on the 8th, after a long period of rehearsal, that followed an even longer period of writing.

the number of reels of tape do not correspond to the number of tracks. anyone familiar with recording would already know this, but anyone familiar with google, who was curious about it, should also fucking know. cmon folks, get smart.

the writing on the white board is from this album.

chet zar was talking about schism, doofus.

they are NOT shooting a video already, moron. they dont even have a song done to track it with. has tool ever done a video before an album came out?

there is potential that they are done recording by now, although i seriously doubt it. i would say minimum studio time for a tool album would be at least a month and im guessing more like 2.

i have more, but that should be enough for you to digest at this point. now lets talk about morning glories.

Goldfoot
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
"chet zar was talking about schism, doofus."

--Then why did he post the comment in July of this year? Nice try.

"they are NOT shooting a video already, moron. they dont even have a song done to track it with. has tool ever done a video before an album came out?"

--They could be working on it. Stop-motion animation is a long process I do believe.

"there is potential that they are done recording by now, although i seriously doubt it. i would say minimum studio time for a tool album would be at least a month and im guessing more like 2."

--If they have rehearsed and have it all written, why would it take two months to record?

"i have more, but that should be enough for you to digest at this point. now lets talk about morning glories."

--That's not enough for me, so keep going. All the stuff I didn't reply to, I already deduced for myself.

johnnyTrip
08-25-2005, 09:15 PM

remember they only record 3 hours a day ;-)

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 09:18 PM
"chet zar was talking about schism, doofus."

--Then why did he post the comment in July of this year? Nice try.
Chet Zar was commenting on how he looked and felt at the time in the picture he posted, which was during the Schism video shooting.

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 09:20 PM
im sure when the newsletter comes out we'll hear how volto is playing at the baked potato, something stupid about the silver coleman, and at the end of the letter he will say recording is going good. god i hate his fucking newsletters. most of the shit doesnt even pertain to the band, im sure its done purposely just to fuck with us, blair is a cluster fuck straight up
He posts what the band is interested in. Also he is probably trying to enlighten us. Personally I like the Area 51 trips he posts about.

Goldfoot
08-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Chet Zar was commenting on how he looked and felt at the time in the picture he posted, which was during the Schism video shooting.

Oh, ok. Makes sense.

Edit: Oh, but why did he reference 3AM (which was the time he posted that)?

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Coincidence? Why would he post a picture of him from the Schism video, and talk about the new video? Unless they are making a Schism 2. (lol)

Goldfoot
08-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Coincidence? Why would he post a picture of him from the Schism video, and talk about the new video? Unless they are making a Schism 2. (lol)

I don't know. Maybe the 3AM part and the 36 hours of shooting part are unrelated.

Tertius Oculum
08-25-2005, 09:59 PM
REVERSE SCHISM. THE ALBUM IS ABOUT COMING TOGETHER. LIKE THAT BAND OR SOMETHING!

Goldfoot
08-25-2005, 10:03 PM
REVERSE SCHISM. THE ALBUM IS ABOUT COMING TOGETHER. LIKE THAT BAND OR SOMETHING!

HUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!11

SpiralOutKeepGoing
08-25-2005, 11:31 PM

I think he means the Beatles.

Goldfoot
08-25-2005, 11:42 PM

I know he means The Beatles. I was doing something that most if not all of you here wouldn't recognize, but I felt like doing it anyway.

UtUmNo1
08-26-2005, 04:07 AM
If only you were...

Dirty Sanchez
08-26-2005, 04:53 AM
some of you people are really fucking dim.

it is obvious by all of the evidence we have, that tool began recording on the 8th, after a long period of rehearsal, that followed an even longer period of writing.

the number of reels of tape do not correspond to the number of tracks. anyone familiar with recording would already know this, but anyone familiar with google, who was curious about it, should also fucking know. cmon folks, get smart.

the writing on the white board is from this album.

chet zar was talking about schism, doofus.

they are NOT shooting a video already, moron. they dont even have a song done to track it with. has tool ever done a video before an album came out?

there is potential that they are done recording by now, although i seriously doubt it. i would say minimum studio time for a tool album would be at least a month and im guessing more like 2.

i have more, but that should be enough for you to digest at this point. now lets talk about morning glories.

Thank you.

triad636
08-26-2005, 08:49 AM

umm yes they actually have done this i have an interview with mjk a few days before lateralus came out and he said that adam was done with the schism video.. so to answer your question of "has tool ever done a video before an album came out?" yes they have

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-26-2005, 08:53 AM
done recording?
No. http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=30554

Tertius Oculum
08-26-2005, 09:40 AM

I was actually talking about that MTV Band N2gether or something. :/

insaner
08-26-2005, 08:29 PM
umm yes they actually have done this i have an interview with mjk a few days before lateralus came out and he said that adam was done with the schism video.. so to answer your question of "has tool ever done a video before an album came out?" yes they have

link?

TurdEye13
08-28-2005, 11:16 AM
They have recorded only two songs I believe!!!

MasterOfKtulu109
08-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Uh...almost every video from every band comes out before the album does. That's how they promote the album.

insaner
08-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Uh...almost every video from every band comes out before the album does. That's how they promote the album.

this is true. but has tool ever done it? i dont think so...

maybe with hush, but i dont know.

Goldfoot
08-29-2005, 08:14 AM
this is true. but has tool ever done it? i dont think so...

maybe with hush, but i dont know.

Either way, I'm betting that we don't hear any real news from the band until around Halloween.

triad636
08-29-2005, 08:18 AM
link?
check out my i have the answer thread its in there

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 08:24 AM
According to Blair's postings they have been recording since March.

triad636
08-29-2005, 08:26 AM
yeah, weve been hearig more news on the recording cuz all of tool is now in the studio as apposed to 2 or 3/4 of tool...im sure we will get more news from blair soon..

MasterOfKtulu109
08-29-2005, 08:44 AM

i think all that recording was just the band recording things so they could see if they liked em or not, and recording the general layout of the songs, so that when they went to the studio, they would have an idea of what is done and what needs work. i think it was only recently that they actually have officially recorded anything in a studio with an engineer.

dracomordag
08-29-2005, 09:42 AM
i think all that recording was just the band recording things so they could see if they liked em or not, and recording the general layout of the songs, so that when they went to the studio, they would have an idea of what is done and what needs work. i think it was only recently that they actually have officially recorded anything in a studio with an engineer.

quoted for truth

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 10:24 AM

So why Joe has been around since February?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
08-29-2005, 11:08 AM

indeed

clone
08-29-2005, 11:12 AM

where does it says so?

Perseensilmä
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
where does it says so?

Toolband updates. There were tons of mentions of this mysterious Joe.