PDA

View Full Version : adams new effect.

plexus
08-24-2005, 01:48 PM
i havent seen any posts about this.

judging from this post in Vincent(crazy instrument inventor)'s myspace from adam

A D A M
- your beam is just amazing ! -
but you still suck my balls...

and from this scan of a patent for some beam emitting modulation control for guitarists. http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9258/beampatent7ms.jpg

"movement of a musical instrument in space is employed to modulate its sound output. an electro-optical controller is used to detect the elevation of the instrument relative to the floor, and in turn, a control signal for modulating the sound output is generated."

im guessing that this is gonna be adams new major toy with which to make crazy sounds.

should be cool.

edit. this is obviously the device http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4709/olddbb3km.jpg

Isac Khrondor
08-24-2005, 02:09 PM
These kinds of things have been around for ages, why is everyone making such a fuss over them?

just simulacra
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
I used something like this on my fucking sega genesis.
Give me a break.

flipmojo
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
These kinds of things have been around for ages, why is everyone making such a fuss over them?

Because it is new to Tool's music.

triad636
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
i have no idea what it sounds like so its new to me...

ATARI
08-24-2005, 04:39 PM

same

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Your Sega Genesis had strings? Weird.

plexus
08-24-2005, 06:10 PM
these kinds of things, yes... theremins were the first to use a "field" to control sound parameters back in 1919, using antennas. then came light emmitting control fields came into the scene. But this dudes making some really interesting, innovative, and practical inventions using this technology. things like this has been around where you can modulate perameters like in synths, but this is really innovative for the guitar world. where have you seen something like this for guitar? nowhere? thats cause its new and he owns the patent. Why do you have to be so negative?

I used something like this on my fucking sega genesis.
Give me a break.
youre a real dolt. does it look like a game shark or something? remind you of wireless controllers? what? does your joke have any relevance/meaning at all, or am i the dolt? that mustve only been funny to you.

it would give the guitarist a spacial, light emitted field, in which to move the guitar neck to change the sound. moving it up and down would change one effect perameter, left and right would change another effect. like say, up and down might change the amound of distortion while left and right would add an echo or something. the possibilities in sound play are intriguing, and would make guitar/effect relation much more dynamic.

FortySix&Two
08-24-2005, 06:15 PM
If this tool (no pun intended) is going to give Adam the ability to create even more unique sounds that he can do great things with his music, I'm all for it. The more innovative and creative, the better.

Cyb3rKitT3n69
08-24-2005, 06:25 PM
this sounds cool

hope for some more info on the dvd

kthnx,,

...angel eyes <3

docder
08-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Jimmy Page + theremin= a higher plane

Adam Jones + dimension beam=another great mind/guitar player....

triad636
08-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Jimmy Page + theremin= a higher plane

Adam Jones + dimension beam=another great mind/guitar player....
he already is a great mind/guitar player , this will only add to his sound

docder
08-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Totally agree with you, but you still should respect your "elders"...we all have heard what jimmy did, just waiting on adam masterpiece:), that's all.

triad636
08-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Totally agree with you, but you still should respect your "elders"...we all have heard what jimmy did, just waiting on adam masterpiece:), that's all.
im sure he will give us a masterpiece on the new album, we wont have to wait too long...

docder
08-24-2005, 07:20 PM
lol, dimension beam will be a great effect both audio and visual for Adam...excited

triad636
08-24-2005, 07:34 PM
lol, dimension beam will be a great effect both audio and visual for Adam...excited
i cant wait to see him use this on tour, hopefully he doesnt over use this dimension beam, just uses it sparingly

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 07:43 PM
i cant wait to see him use this on tour, hopefully he doesnt over use this dimension beam, just uses it sparingly

I doubt he would.

Anyone know why I don't have the "Reply With Quote" button?

triad636
08-24-2005, 07:46 PM
I doubt he would.

Anyone know why I don't have the "Reply With Quote" button?
http://toolnavy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78 ask here

just simulacra
08-24-2005, 07:46 PM
youre a real dolt. does it look like a game shark or something? remind you of wireless controllers? what? does your joke have any relevance/meaning at all, or am i the dolt? that mustve only been funny to you.

The Sega Menacer. Allowed you to punch/kick based on sensors surrounding you. Worked great for games like Mortal Kombat.

Advanced and applied to arcades for newer games like Tekken 3/Tag Tourney in the mid/late 90's.

So, Vincent Appplied the same rather obvious sensor technology to music instruments. Stop the insanity --- it's nothing revolutionary.

Just write good music.

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey triad636, I don't have a "New Thread" button either.

plexus
08-24-2005, 09:55 PM
The Sega Menacer. Allowed you to punch/kick based on sensors surrounding you. Worked great for games like Mortal Kombat.

Advanced and applied to arcades for newer games like Tekken 3/Tag Tourney in the mid/late 90's.

So, Vincent Appplied the same rather obvious sensor technology to music instruments. Stop the insanity --- it's nothing revolutionary.

Just write good music.

ahahaha. you got me there. sega menacer. never heard of that shit.
either way, its going to make revolutionary sounds with realtime effect manipulation.

man, its a good thing he thought of something so obvious before you did, or youd be the one with tool asking you to make all their cool new toys, and to play goldeneye with.

give the guy some fucking credit. hes a baddas electronics inventor.
with all your "big fucking deal! i have one of those light thingys on my korg." youre still being lame.

Goldfoot
08-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Of course the motion technology has been around, but the thing he patened is for the guitar, so while it may work according to position, it has nothing to do with fighting and that is the point.

just simulacra
08-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Of course the motion technology has been around, but the thing he patened is for the guitar, so while it may work according to position, it has nothing to do with fighting and that is the point.

But does it really sound that interesting?
So they've reworked pedals ...

MasterOfKtulu109
08-25-2005, 09:03 AM

Tool is a drum-based band.

ARMZ
08-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Exchange the m for a g......mmmm

Perseensilmä
08-25-2005, 09:43 AM
If this tool (no pun intended) is going to give Adam the ability to create even more unique sounds that he can do great things with his music

This whole dimension beam is useless.Hey, how much Adam moves while he is on stage? NONE! He is like a fucking statue so no-one is going to even notice if the dimension beam is on or off!

plexus
08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
This whole dimension beam is useless.Hey, how much Adam moves while he is on stage? NONE! He is like a fucking statue so no-one is going to even notice if the dimension beam is on or off!

thats just cause hes on a lot of acid. just look at his expression on the bootleg videos. like... "woah.... look at all those people.... mustard."

maybe the beam will cause him to be more active on stage.

or maybe he just loves his acid.

p.s. tool is a drug-based band.

s ti N Kfizt
08-25-2005, 11:10 AM
disagreed.

Perseensilmä
08-25-2005, 11:17 AM
disagreed.
shut up kyrpänaama

s ti N Kfizt
08-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Everyone here's finnish?

Perseensilmä
08-25-2005, 12:22 PM
basically, tyhmäpää

docder
08-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Tool is a drum-based band.

Yes...maybe...no, that's your opinion...but what's it have to do with guitarists and their toys?

s ti N Kfizt
08-26-2005, 01:23 AM
basically, tyhmäpää
Now youre talking.. tyhmäpää-word rocks but why you use always ÄÄÄ. lol