PDA

View Full Version : where we go from here . . .

crow011
11-21-2002, 03:59 AM
i see the song "triad" as a sort of resolution ie, reflection touched on some pretty heavy issues, wrapped up alot of things, so lets move forward . . .

thats why "triad" sounds so ugly and violent - the push forward isnt going to be easy, but it will be both beautiful and full-on at the same time . . .

perhaps it could represent the next stage/step for humanity? a kind of evolution, if you will . . .

thats where those muffled screams in the song come from - people having a hard time adapting and evolving with these new changes . . . (like child birth?) . . .

i know that was kind of scattered and didnt make much sesnse, but i hope i may have conveyed some interesting ideas out there :) . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

ShackledEidolon
11-21-2002, 08:32 AM
I totally see where you are coming from and it makes total sense. This rebirthing theme is brought up throughout the album as a whole and seems to be the central theme whether it be crucifying the ego (destroying our current identity) or giving up the grudge it is all about giving away the things of the past and moving forward. Being birthed into a place so wyld, chaotic, confusing, painful, and beautiful.

equinox
11-21-2002, 09:25 AM
just a little side note:

i just read Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins. In it there's a lot of commentary on the situation in Jerusalem. It being fiction, and therefore open to personal interpretation, Robbins theorizes that Jerusalem seems to be "in labour", that is, all the fighting between the races sticking stubbornly to their beliefs (sounds like a strong LATERALIZATION on each cultures part doesn't it?) is just like the pains of natural childbirth. Or, from a different perspective, a spiritual re-birth for which we all (consciously or unconsciously) strive. This re-birth has been written about extensively (eg. Everything in this Book... Bob Frissell [46 & 2 book]). It always mentions having to face one's pain, to try and reconcile a side of our selves that we normally may avoid or deny.