PDA

View Full Version : Tabla solo

rickiep00h
11-21-2002, 03:06 AM
I think that the live tabla adds so much to this song.

The studio version had pretty much one dynamic, but this version flows and moves, and the tabla plays a huge part in this movement, especially in the buildup from the solo tabla.

I can't listen to this song in anything but a prone position, as it takes all of my concentration to listen to ever nuance, and the tabla, I think, is one of the few DRUMS that can really capture emotional nuance.

My hat's off to you, Mr. Dutta.

A lot of Tool songs deal with change, and Pushit is one of them. The narrator screams out for change, finally deciding in the end that "there can be no other way." So, Pushit is a final cry of despair, and the Salival version captures that despair much better than the album version, as THIS makes me cry, and the album version just makes me want to put in the live version.

scorpioali
11-23-2002, 04:19 PM
i really love the tabla solo. it's so amazing and cool it makes me want to go out and get lessons! it really makes the song. the aenima version and the salival version just seem to be two totally separate entities, don't they (with the exception of the end)? but i still love them both, equally. the salival version made me cry as well.

Sauron
11-24-2002, 07:05 PM
I think the tabla solo is very amazing too, but I think that the sound that surrounds our mind is not only the Tabla, I beleave that the mixture of Mr. Dutta's increadible ability to play that mistical intrument together with Danny's amazing drum sounds create a percucion (SP?) atmosphere that takes us completly into another dimension. Without underestimating Dutta's and Danny's abilities alone, I think they complement each other in a perfect way.