PDA

View Full Version : doesn't the end sound like alien abduction?

ozmoze
02-17-2003, 06:28 PM
the ending with the the man sounds kind of like he was abducted. Its like he went off to go ufo hunting (this explains the camera case) but got more than he bargained for. he just wakes up in the middle of a field after an abduction and is confused, but it isnt the first time----->"it always hurt you when you woke up like this." he's covered in some wierd substance and he sees two "tiny people" walking towards the woods. i guess that'll also explain the crickets chirping before hand.

Heretic
02-26-2003, 12:03 PM
I had always felt that way too. I had always pictured the little people as the aliens and figured that an abduction was the reason for the goo all over him. The only problem with the little people being aliens is how do they belong to him.
The song says,
" those little people out there were yours too." That was one of the only things that threw me off.
Except for this quote as well.
"If God is our Father," you thought, "then Satan must be our cousin." Don't quite understand that either.

T41NT3D
05-05-2003, 06:05 PM
The thought of aliens never really came to my mind in this song, after all, the song is about the most basic of animal interactions on our planet. It sort of forces us to accept the rawness and ugliness of our reality as living things. Aliens just dont seem to relate to the topic.
As for the end bit, I think whoever wrote it is refering to a hallucinogenic experience. Don't get caught up in the other thread about WHO is reading it, cause it doesnt matter. What matters is the context of the passage. All the colors and goo are obvious symptoms of a trip. Especially when he becomes the color of whatever he's looking at.
Notice that everything is his. This is the most obivous pointer of a tripping person, Almost all intangible boundaries are disected and overlooked on acid, and for some, forever after a single experience.
Now whenever he seemed to be talking to himself, like "Oh god, why does everything have to keep changing like this" or "...Waiting for my mind to come back to me." are the active efforts of your rational mind to absorb all of what is being taken in. You think, or wish, that it can end soon, but you have to ride it out.
I know when I've tripped it just seems like i become personaless and im just a single will, observing everything in perfect harmony. It's like you know all about every aspect about why we exist, and that life is really just a single collection of imaginations, and no matter what you can't bare the burden of that knowledge. So you constantly feel torn between disbelief in the simplicity of everything, and how your sober mind processes information.
As for the "If God is our father, then Satan is our cousin" line, That is just an example the razor sharp analyzation skills that accompany an acid experience. One can instantly put themselves in any point of view or perspective as quick as they get the idea to. Instead of thinking "Hey i should look at it from this point of view" and then think from that perspective, your mind is just thrown into that point of view, and you witness it from that perspective. This type of thing usually falsifies any idea or belief that a user previously had, and it runs off of your intuition so there is no concious control over it. Hence a bad trip is just when a user cannot or does not want to be thrown into these different trips. So they break down and silently let their mind succumb to a random delve into itself, over and over for what seems like infinity, since their is no concept of time.
I want to learn how to delve deeper and deeper but maintain a level of control enough to record and attempt to interperet what im witnissing. Read about shamanism and especially modern day aborigine(spell check) trances.

Give me feedback guys....

Fyrestarter
05-24-2003, 05:57 PM
The ending portion doesn't seem to connect with the beginning portion.

nomanirvana
06-14-2003, 10:52 PM
The fact that everything is "his" implies that its all in his head? Like a hallucination or what not...

Maybe its not a person...maybe its a carrot? Dont know, doubt that...heh.

Flooded
07-13-2003, 09:59 PM
bro that was very well put...

i too wouldlike to learn to delve deeper and deeper but maintain a level of control enough to record and attempt to interperet what im witnissing. maybe even reach a higher conciousness...

if u find or witness any more info please drop me a line [email protected]

bohanman
07-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Bill Hicks once said he always heard crickets when he was tripping... maybe this has some reference... who knows.

Cylith
11-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Especially when he becomes the color of whatever he's looking at.

It never says he becomes the color of whatever he's looking at...it says the colors are his...this does not really disprove what your saying, but it probably means something significant. (Sorry, I really don't know what.)

I'm not really sure why, but I always got the impression that the person in the "story" or whatever was going to kill the "little people" (who I think are little because they are simply in the distance). The reason I get this impression stems from the overall tone of the "story," and the fact that the man's color is red (symbolizing blood). I really don't have anything to back this up, it's just an impression that I get. I still don't know what the meaning is.

Cylith
11-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Oh and by the way...it seems everyone (including me) is referring to the person as a man...I don't think it actually says that, so it could be a woman. (I don't mean the person doing the speaking...that's probably a guy, lol.)

Zeromus
11-17-2003, 11:25 AM
hes not a man, but defenitly a woman, its a divine being...

"Do you plan to fight against the angels and demons?"- ???
"One day, i may be able to distroy them"- Zeromus

King Koala
02-10-2004, 12:52 AM
It was my interpretation that he intended to murder them as well. Remember, it mentions that he has a knife with him (his knife, implying perhaps it's a knife he uses often), and that he's covered in goo (most likely blood, from a previous kill). The drug implications are most likely accurate as well, especially in light of the crickets alluding to Bill Hicks.

But the question is, what does the first part about the carrots have to do with any of this? Are these just some random thoughts of the killer/addict, before he passes out? It seems to be implied that he's waking up in a rural area. Perhaps this is some thought that occurred to him while being among the vegetables in a field?

AllforUnity
02-19-2004, 07:59 AM
l don't think this song goes a whole lot deeper than just the rest of the album purposes.

royc
03-08-2004, 06:08 AM
yes, very interesting...

both segments begin with someone waking up. either one could be dream or drug induced. the preacher and the man both arise again wetted in sweat.

"These are the cries of the carrots, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." "If God is our Father," you thought, "then Satan must be our cousin." Why didn't anyone else understand these important things?

AllforUnity
03-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Because the follower will end up lost again.

Luna Galapogos
03-11-2004, 11:07 PM
I like the Bill Hicks idea. I also thought that someone was murdered, or was about to be murdered. The little people could be carrots I suppose. They will be killed, they are his, and he will do what he wants with what is his.

Or it could be a random thing like Faaip de Oaid.

AllforUnity
03-12-2004, 07:50 AM
l don't know if it's about murder.

Metamorphosis
03-12-2004, 08:40 PM
i am quite convinced that this is about someone on an acid trip, or any hallucinogenic. but my first impression was that it was someones dream they had, cus when you think about it, dreams are always fucked up, they make little sense, wierd, unexplainable things happen and they just seem normal and natural to you, cus in a dream you hardly ever question what is happening, you just accept the events for what they are... unless you're lucid dreaming. so im equally convinced its either a dream or a trip.

deago
05-06-2004, 02:11 PM
I think it might be a trip (i'm a strait edge I wouldnt know) but I think agen ti has to do with animal instinks and that every thing is his like its his land but the goo think I think may be blood, but the speaker never says that there was goo on the knife so you cant really tell that and the change of color is also confusing I just really dont get it I think it has somthing to do with an animal like neron that alows them to see only one color and only see the one in the gratest Quanity

MMBKG
05-06-2004, 09:02 PM
It's alien abduction. It is. I've read many books on the subject, and it is very similar. Except for the knife and all of that.

I just heard it for the first time. It's 1:08 AM here. Fuck.

theBeorn
06-19-2004, 02:02 AM
hi guys,
well i dont think it's about a hallucination. im almost 100 percent positive its about a psycho, and his will to murder.
He wakes up pretty much calm ("That made blue be your color") but soon started to feel the urge to kill again ("You were already getting nervous again"). The man changing colors represents him having sudden mood swings (blue calm, green nervous, confused).

the most interesting part is "You can see the car parked far down the road and you walked toward it. "If God is our Father," you thought, "then Satan must be our cousin". He sees a car and instantly starts thinking of killing, and with "if god is our father..." he has an excuse for himself and his thoughts. its like saying "its okay to feel like this and have these needs, i have been created this way". he goes to the car and becomes red. Now, he has to kill. he thinks he knows the people who own the car just because the car is locked and brand new, it has a camera leather CASE (not the camera). of course he knew these people. he saw them in "his" woods and needed to kill them, you see, this guy thinks the people in the woods think they are better than him (of course, it's an inferior complex) and that enrages him. killing them is a way of proving himself. Showing how he has power, and that no one is better than him.

or maybe not (its 5.04am after all, im sleepy)

ThIrdEyeCarrots46
09-02-2004, 11:55 AM

ThIrdEyeCarrots46
09-02-2004, 11:57 AM
^^^sorry about that something screwed up.

hi guys,
well i dont think it's about a hallucination. im almost 100 percent positive its about a psycho, and his will to murder.
He wakes up pretty much calm ("That made blue be your color") but soon started to feel the urge to kill again ("You were already getting nervous again"). The man changing colors represents him having sudden mood swings (blue calm, green nervous, confused).

the most interesting part is "You can see the car parked far down the road and you walked toward it. "If God is our Father," you thought, "then Satan must be our cousin". He sees a car and instantly starts thinking of killing, and with "if god is our father..." he has an excuse for himself and his thoughts. its like saying "its okay to feel like this and have these needs, i have been created this way". he goes to the car and becomes red. Now, he has to kill. he thinks he knows the people who own the car just because the car is locked and brand new, it has a camera leather CASE (not the camera). of course he knew these people. he saw them in "his" woods and needed to kill them, you see, this guy thinks the people in the woods think they are better than him (of course, it's an inferior complex) and that enrages him. killing them is a way of proving himself. Showing how he has power, and that no one is better than him.

or maybe not (its 5.04am after all, im sleepy)

i never thought of it that way. and i think you may be onto something, but i also have a couple ideas on the matter. what if this woman/man/monkey/whatever was in a field (carrots being a part of it) with a couple buddies and decided to take some acid. better yet, what if they had taken the acid and then gone to the field. then he got lost in his own thoughts while looking at some carrots in the field, and what he heard was that preacher in his head. he still has his knife with him. he starts thinking about some people, maybee his buddies, maybee someone hes never seen in his life, and how they're vegan. "well" he thinks "thats total bullshit, why do they think God, out father, put animals on here? so we can eat them, dumbass!" then the preacher stops talking. he takes out his knife and goes for these people, these stupid vegans and thinks "this is necesary, life feeds on life" and kills them in anger because they dont think they need to eat meat like a normal motherfucker. Jesus, theres blood all over him. he killes them right in front of his buddies, while his head is still pounding "life feeds on life". he passes out and when he wakes up he wipes some of the blood on the grass. his buddies know enough to hall ass outa there. there running into his woods, and by the time he figures out whats goin on, he knows that they need to die, they saw the whole thing. while hes walking up the road the sees a car, its new, and red and its locked. theres a camera case in the car. he doesnt really care, and thinks he still needs to kill these buddies of his and finish the job. no one will think to lookin his woods for these people, right? right? besides its not my fault. i was born this way. "If God is our Father," i thought, "then Satan must be our cousin."

so some dudes and there friend decied to go in his back yard and go on a trip. they go into his mom's vegetable field while the dudes parents are alsleep, and take the acid. one of the dudes starts looking a some carrots and walks over to them. the other dudes are pretty much fried and dont think anything of it. one of the dudes (the one looking at the carrots) gets up, and walks towards his house, and goes inside, and they follow him. he goes into his sisters room and kills the fucking vegan. and makes it pretty damn messy. the buddies stop him. they take him back out to the field, where he passes out. they know the have witnessed a murder. they start running towards the woods, trying to disapear before mr.McKnife-instine wakes up. he does and they see him bent over on one of the buddies car. theyre still running to the best of their ability, haveing taken acid but jus an hour or so ago. they their buddy of six years(he met them when he was nine) running at them with the same knife he used to kill his stupid vegan sister. before blacking out, the dude who owned the car remembers taking pictures with his family erlier that afternoon, it was his mothers birthday. he rememberd he left the case in the car, and his mother had kept the camera to get the film developed. then they both blacked-out, knowing they wouldnt wake up.

i dont think this is even a logical interpertation, but i wirte alot of short stories and thats how i saw some things coming together. but i closed loop-holes with random things {sister being killed, camera film being developed, ect.} so this wouldnt be how everyone sees it. maybee your suposed to interprit this song all by yourself...maybee maynard wanted you to think for yourself on this one....just a guess.

exojjl
09-28-2004, 01:01 PM
It was my interpretation that he intended to murder them as well. Remember, it mentions that he has a knife with him (his knife, implying perhaps it's a knife he uses often), and that he's covered in goo (most likely blood, from a previous kill). The drug implications are most likely accurate as well, especially in light of the crickets alluding to Bill Hicks.

But the question is, what does the first part about the carrots have to do with any of this? Are these just some random thoughts of the killer/addict, before he passes out? It seems to be implied that he's waking up in a rural area. Perhaps this is some thought that occurred to him while being among the vegetables in a field?

Just because theyre on one track doesnt mean they are one track or even related.