PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to shit your pants...

Bogart
08-15-2005, 05:44 PM
i hope to be a legend in this forum after you guys read this, finally some new fucking tool news. ill just get to the point. Dec 6th is when the album is coming out. My uncle told me today when he called my mom to wish her happy b-day. he knows im a big tool fan, and when i answered the phone we shot the shit for a minute and he asked if i would be getting the new album. i about shit my pants because he works for revilver (he's and account manger...or something to that effect) and i knew he was going to have some good news for me since he asked that. i asked him what he knew about it, and he told me how he went to talk to his drinking buddy there and he was proofreading the article they were going to put in the magazine. he was on his comuter typing and my uncle noticed tool on the screen and he took a glare at it and he noticed the question, so is the album still slated for a dec 6th release, and according to my uncle, dan, which i assume is danny answered the question saying thats the plan. i was very excited, i asked him if he saw anything about a dvd and he said he looked at the interview for only a few seconds and that was the only thing that really stuck in his head. this news made my day. i know im about to get flamed, but frankly i dont care if anyone believes this info or not. i just thought i would share this with fellow tool fans. blair will probably have this info in the aug newsletter if they are doing interviews already. not much longer guys

awaking
08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
they said they don't want to release it in dec, so it doesnt get lost in the xmas shopping..

bentTOOL23
08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
i got ready to shit my pants, and you gimme just a random date.

...so i pissed my pants and dont believe u

(dec. 6 is st. nicholas day!!!)

Bogart
08-15-2005, 06:08 PM
like i said i dont care if you believe me or not

UtUmNo1
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm a little skeptical but it has a ring of truth...??

It was typed like he was postively gushing, though.

ATARI
08-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I'll put it second after oct 25 for believed dates

UtUmNo1
08-15-2005, 06:51 PM
I'll put it second after oct 25 for believed dates

Because we all know what happens on 25 Oct 05, don't we...?

placidium
08-15-2005, 07:20 PM
This is very kickass...Refractionoid is finally coming out...December 6th...

It will get pushed back.

gooding
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
by the way i don't think dec 6th or the first week of december truly marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping.

gooding
08-15-2005, 07:45 PM
i hope to be a legend in this forum after you guys read this, finally some new fucking tool news. ill just get to the point. Dec 6th is when the album is coming out. My uncle told me today when he called my mom to wish her happy b-day. he knows im a big tool fan, and when i answered the phone we shot the shit for a minute and he asked if i would be getting the new album. i about shit my pants because he works for revilver (he's and account manger...or something to that effect) and i knew he was going to have some good news for me since he asked that. i asked him what he knew about it, and he told me how he went to talk to his drinking buddy there and he was proofreading the article they were going to put in the magazine. he was on his comuter typing and my uncle noticed tool on the screen and he took a glare at it and he noticed the question, so is the album still slated for a dec 6th release, and according to my uncle, dan, which i assume is danny answered the question saying thats the plan. i was very excited, i asked him if he saw anything about a dvd and he said he looked at the interview for only a few seconds and that was the only thing that really stuck in his head. this news made my day. i know im about to get flamed, but frankly i dont care if anyone believes this info or not. i just thought i would share this with fellow tool fans. blair will probably have this info in the aug newsletter if they are doing interviews already. not much longer guys

What you should do is talk to your uncle again and tell him to find any info on the dvd. Thanx

Raul78
08-15-2005, 07:47 PM
God, this reminds me of waiting for Half Life 2, all the rumors and speculation. Not to mention the long waits.

Raul78
08-15-2005, 08:05 PM
how do you pronounce Raul? is it like, rah-ooool? It's a cool name
Like you said Ra-ool, I believe that there is another way to spell it as well. I like this way better since it looks more like my real name.

Chris_Brightwell
08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
they said they don't want to release it in dec, so it doesnt get lost in the xmas shopping..
You should check the Salival release date, then. :P

Cid
08-15-2005, 08:44 PM
i'm assuming you mean revolver magazine....any idea when the issue when this supposed interveiw will be available? call your uncle back and find out some details!!! :)

triad636
08-15-2005, 08:51 PM
very true... hehe.. im not doubting this release date, it sure would be nice to have the album before 06 but the only thing we can do is wait for tool's official word on it..

thevirusunknown
08-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Maybe they don't want to release it during the holiday season because of a bad experience with Salival?

ARMZ
08-15-2005, 08:57 PM
December 1 - New Moon

December 11, 12 - Lunar Conjunction. The moon will pass within 1.3 degrees of Mars at about 12:00 AM eastern time on the 12th.

December 12 - Mercury at Greatest Western Elongation. Mercury will be at its greatest angular separation from the Sun and will be visible low in the eastern sky at dawn.

December 14 - Geminids Meteor Shower. Considered by many to be the best meteor shower in the heavens, the Geminids are known for producing up to 60 multicolored meteors per hour at their peak. The peak night this year is December 14. Some meteors should be visible from December 6 - 19. The full moon will hide all but the brightest meteors this year. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation of Gemini. Best viewing is usually to the east after midnight.

December 15 - Full Moon

December 21 - The Winter Solstice occurs in the northern hemisphere at 18:35 UT. The Sun is at its lowest point in the sky and it will be the shortest day of the year. This is also the first day of winter.

December 31 - New Moon

Chris_Brightwell
08-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Maybe they don't want to release it during the holiday season because of a bad experience with Salival?You mean, aside from the fact that it is completely sold out and out of print?

Cid
08-15-2005, 09:50 PM
You mean, aside from the fact that it is completely sold out and out of print?

yea, horrible sales..... :)

really, why would being near christmas mess up sales at all for tool? it can be released on christmas and everyone will go out on christmas eve to the midnight sale of the album still.

Dirty Sanchez
08-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Well if your uncle's drinking buddy says so, IT HAS TO BE TRUE!

cacophony
08-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Well if your uncle's drinking buddy says so, IT HAS TO BE TRUE!

Yes! It's the whole 'drinking buddy' thing that seals it as truth for me...

grady
08-16-2005, 04:38 AM
For me it's the uncle. What sort of sick twisted fuck of an uncle would lie? I give up trying to find the leak that reveals the date. I've heard probably 16 different dates. I can't handle it...the highs, the lows, I'm a mess!...Seriously though...I'm pretty certain a band like TOOL could give 2 fucks about the chrismas shopping rush. Alright y'all...later...

awaking
08-16-2005, 04:48 AM
u should check that salival is a dvd/box set, not an album.

awaking
08-16-2005, 04:50 AM
thats what danny said, last year, when they thought it be done in time for the holidays.

that they dont want it to get lost in the holiday shuffle

Dirty Sanchez
08-16-2005, 05:12 AM
Keep in mind that this guy also made these threads:

"Behold" new tool single, dvd also confirmed (http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=29461)

DVD display set up @ Hastings? (http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=28719)

KCMDux88
08-16-2005, 05:57 AM
getting lost in the holiday shuffle doesn't make any sense to me. if u ask me, it would be one of the gifts everyone would be asking for. wouldn't it make sense to release it during the shopping season, i mean thats when all the people are in the stores buying shit.

Tyro
08-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Keep in mind that this guy also made these threads:

"Behold" new tool single, dvd also confirmed (http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=29461)

DVD display set up @ Hastings? (http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=28719)

Pwned.

Chris_Brightwell
08-16-2005, 06:22 AM
u should check that salival is a dvd/box set, not an album.Which has exactly what to do with anything?

Bogart
08-16-2005, 06:28 AM
ok sanchez the display at hastings was real and i already explained myself on the whole behold issue. like i said i dont expect people to believe me.

Dirty Sanchez
08-16-2005, 06:34 AM
ok sanchez the display at hastings was real and i already explained myself on the whole behold issue. like i said i dont expect people to believe me.

Oh, so the DVD comes out next week? Tell us about the artwork, there has to have been some at Hastings if they had a "big display".

Bogart
08-16-2005, 06:48 AM
hey focker there was a display there, and it was for the preorder of the dvd. i dont know why they put it up since obviously its not coming out then but there was a display in the store

Akasha
08-16-2005, 07:01 AM
..... i dont know why they put it up since obviously its not coming out then....

No, its got nothing to do with "why was it put up", but why would tool send out displays with dates on which are complete bullshit. Seems like a bit of a waste of time and money to me, something record company's value more than anything else in the world.

Paradigm619
08-16-2005, 07:19 AM
December 6, 2005

12/6/05

6+6 = 12

6 6 6!!!!

OMFG IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!one

[/lame]

Dirty Sanchez
08-16-2005, 07:50 AM
hey focker there was a display there, and it was for the preorder of the dvd. i dont know why they put it up since obviously its not coming out then but there was a display in the store

What was in the display?

Bogart
08-16-2005, 08:02 AM
tool was in big bock letters and underneath that it said the dvd was coming aug 23rd and you could preorder it for like 2.50 i believe. of course they had all of their cd's out on the display also. thats about it

Thermopyle
08-16-2005, 08:17 AM
You owe me new pants schims81....no, wait. That's from last week.

paraflux
08-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Which has exactly what to do with anything?

People just love to correct you.

Chris_Brightwell
08-16-2005, 08:33 AM
People just love to correct you.And where did I state that Salival was anything other than a box set?

Oh, that's right. I didn't.

paraflux
08-16-2005, 08:36 AM
You didnt, but it doesnt change the fact that people will grab any chance at an attempt to make you appear as if you dont know what you are talking about. Surely you have noticed. The attempts fail, of course.

Chris_Brightwell
08-16-2005, 10:13 AM
You didnt, but it doesnt change the fact that people will grab any chance at an attempt to make you appear as if you dont know what you are talking about.Oh. This is one of those.

Surely you have noticed.I have. And don't call me Shirley. ;)

The attempts fail, of course.That's because I'm a ninja.

Bogart
08-16-2005, 10:16 AM
alrighty...

cureformax
08-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Dude*...12/6 is a Tuesday. This has to be true!

placidium
08-16-2005, 10:28 AM
The new album will be out in May, 2006, and will be called Amacranum.

Bogart
08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
i hope its not true, i would rather have a new tool album before then

gooding
08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=placidium]The new album will be out in May, 2006, and will be called Amacranum.[/QUOTE

Wow, now did you just mak this up or are you a tool member in disguise.

TurdEye13
08-16-2005, 12:01 PM

You couldn't be any more on the mark!

TurdEye13
08-16-2005, 12:02 PM
What the hell happened to my avatar!!!

Its gone!!!

placidium
08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Wow, now did you just mak this up or are you a tool member in disguise.

I'm in the band.

The title is just working title, nothing sure yet.

3 discs.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
08-16-2005, 02:55 PM
by the way i don't think dec 6th or the first week of december truly marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping.

ATARI
08-16-2005, 03:43 PM
if that's the case, then why do comericials and advertisements start pushing for buying Christmas presents IN NOVEMBER?

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-16-2005, 03:54 PM
if that's the case, then why do comericials and advertisements start pushing for buying Christmas presents IN NOVEMBER?
*nods head*
In case you haven't noticed, nowadays, christmas shopping time comes right after thanksgiving.

awaking
08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
i was only quoting the band.

thevirusunknown
08-16-2005, 09:10 PM
You mean, aside from the fact that it is completely sold out and out of print?
Yeah, I forgot to tell you to forget about those minor details... maybe the bands families didn't want to see Tool release something during the hol... ah fuck it.

Ertai
08-18-2005, 07:10 PM
December 6, 2005

12/6/05

6+6 = 12

6 6 6!!!!

OMFG IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!one

[/lame]

soo lame that tool would actually do it... remember on opiate

Bill_Hix
08-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Hmmm, you are either telling a lie, or telling the truth. < that's the truth.

wrong, he's telling the truth, that actually happened

But whether or not the release date is correct is the question

gooding
08-18-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm in the band.

The title is just working title, nothing sure yet.

3 discs.

Tight, we should collaborate one day. Justin and I will make up some intense bass riffs and adam can wail away like a savage.

marcus
08-18-2005, 10:57 PM
This is very kickass...Refractionoid is finally coming out...December 6th...

It will get pushed back.

to april 1rst

Chris_Brightwell
08-18-2005, 11:26 PM
to april 1rstNot a Tuesday. Sorry.

gooding
08-18-2005, 11:43 PM
the album isn't called Refractionoid.

Tertius Oculum
08-19-2005, 12:55 AM
It's called "Serenity" and it comes out September 30th.
Preview tracks: Preview (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity)

Chris_Brightwell
08-19-2005, 07:19 AM
It's called "Serenity" and it comes out September 30th.
Preview tracks: Preview (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity)
And here I thought I was the only one around here looking forward to that.

thevirusunknown
08-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Hopefully, most sci-fi geeks are looking forward to that movie because it looks awesome.

Chris_Brightwell
08-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Hopefully, most sci-fi geeks are looking forward to that movie because it looks awesome.
Did you ever watch the show that it's based on? It's called Firefly (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/).

I recently discovered it on DVD and really enjoyed it. I'll probably watch the entire series again before the movie is released.

thevirusunknown
08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Did you ever watch the show that it's based on? It's called Firefly (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/).

I recently discovered it on DVD and really enjoyed it. I'll probably watch the entire series again before the movie is released.
No but I would love to, wasn't it on Fox for a while? I don't get cable so the basic stations are my only option short of buying the DVD, which I kinda want to do.

Chris_Brightwell
08-19-2005, 12:48 PM
No but I would love to, wasn't it on Fox for a while?Yeah it was on Fox back in 2002.

I don't get cable so the basic stations are my only option short of buying the DVD, which I kinda want to do.It was $40 at Best Buy when I picked up my copy. Well worth the asking price.

ATARI
08-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I remember seeing previews for it a long time ago (I guess that would've been 3 years ago from now) but I never watched it as it was on during the days where I usually wasn't at home and able to watch it. My one friend watches a lot of sci-fi television shows like that though, and he told me it was really good.

gooding
08-21-2005, 01:03 AM
I thought this forum was about getting ready to shit your pants about a tool release not a sack of manure movie which looks ok at the moment.

Chris_Brightwell
08-21-2005, 10:42 AM
I thought this forum was about getting ready to shit your pants about a tool release not a sack of manure movie which looks ok at the moment.This isn't a thread about belly-aching, either, but you seem eager to do that.

Tertius Oculum
08-21-2005, 12:21 PM
I was so pissed when they fucking cancelled it. ARGH I still hate Fox for it.
Firefly and John Doe were the best shows that came out that year, and cancelled that year. :(

gooding
08-23-2005, 11:12 PM
This isn't a thread about belly-aching, either, but you seem eager to do that.

Well, it seems to me that you are a ***, indeed. Eat shit, burn in hell.

lol.

Goldfoot
08-23-2005, 11:15 PM

lol.

Careful, the guy you are calling a *** sent me a PM and it goes as follows:

"***" as an insult is a slur and, as such, is not tolerated around here.

Any further infractions will result in you being banned.

Bogart
08-24-2005, 06:56 AM

lol.
not too smart there buddy

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Well, it seems to me that you are a [terrorist], indeed. Eat shit, burn in hell.

lol.
You're on probation. Ha fucker. You are indeed the [terrorist], and a dumb fuck, too.

thevirusunknown
08-27-2005, 06:58 AM
http://www.revolvermag.com/issues/2005/oct/table-of-cont.html

Look at the "In The Studio" portion, under "Bulletin". I'm gonna go pick this up but I really doubt theres gonna be an actual anouncement.

Bogart
08-27-2005, 08:58 AM
my uncle said the release date will be in the new issue, so i bet we will find the date out in a few days from blair.

Spongebob
08-27-2005, 09:13 PM
you and your uncle.

Bogart
08-28-2005, 07:09 AM
you and your uncle.
hahahaha

thevirusunknown
08-28-2005, 08:54 AM
my uncle said the release date will be in the new issue, so i bet we will find the date out in a few days from blair.
Your uncle must hate you because there isn't anything new in Revolver. A few sentences only saying that they're recording. Thanks for the bullshit.

Bogart
08-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Your uncle must hate you because there isn't anything new in Revolver. A few sentences only saying that they're recording. Thanks for the bullshit.
No Problem