PDA

View Full Version : toolband update...

triad636
08-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Recently, I’ve been giving you information about the limited edition LATERALUS vinyl (and I’ll have more news about it in a few days), but let’s not forget that that the members of the band are currently in the process of recording a new CD. So, I’m thinking that this would probably be a good subject for the August newsletter (even the little bit of info I’m able to reveal at this time). “EVEN THE BURGERS ARE SECRET” will be the title of this newsletter and I hope to be able to include some PHOTOS of the boys doing their thing in the studio. Anyway, that’s the plan… and what’s coming.

Yay?... its about time he sheds some light on us, hopefully he will actually put real info in the newsletter, and not secret messages... keep an eye out for the new newsletter

Bill_Hix
08-13-2005, 03:35 PM
will do

Ryan
08-13-2005, 03:51 PM
well thank god

ATARI
08-13-2005, 04:13 PM
well, it looks like it's going to be a 2006 release now. (Still recording.)

Bill_Hix
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Well it looked like that from the start

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Oh well. In the meantime, i'll be waiting for hypnotize. And since that's in november, in the meantime, i'll be waiting for my birthday. And since that's in october, in the meantime i'll be practicing guitar, and trying to get pussy. Or just wanting to get pussy, depending on how things go...

Bill_Hix
08-13-2005, 04:20 PM
It will be released on September 11th, and will include a pro-binladen set of linear notes

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-13-2005, 04:20 PM
^dude, you just made my sig

Tyro
08-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Does this mean that all of their songs are completely fleshed out as of now? Or, during the recording, is that when they finish tweaking?

Divine_left
08-13-2005, 05:15 PM
... linear notes

Damn, I was hoping for hyperbolic notes.

cacophony
08-13-2005, 05:15 PM
...and trying to get pussy. Or just wanting to get pussy, depending on how things go...

Classic...

Thermopyle
08-13-2005, 05:52 PM
About fucking time. If the album isn't due this year, we blame Blair. Demands the sacrifice of him! Or maybe that would make things worse...too drunk to think. Anyway, when does the newsletter come? If there is one...

randomhero8823
08-13-2005, 07:26 PM
watch blair not release the newsletter till the new allbum is out... lol i hate bliar B-Liar

D-Day_Daddy
08-14-2005, 06:11 AM
I have a post in the interact board about the secret burger thing, not that it sheds much light on things.

Tertius Oculum
08-15-2005, 01:00 AM
New movie coming out guys:

Blair Witch 3: Teleincision

ARMZ
08-15-2005, 01:11 AM
New movie coming out guys:

Blair Witch 3: Teleincision
Haha

The site is down at the moment, could it be preparing for launch?

http://teleincision.com/

Tertius Oculum
08-15-2005, 01:34 AM
I dunno, I saw the preview and I thought the concept had been done before.

Paradigm619
08-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Haha

The site is down at the moment, could it be preparing for launch?

http://teleincision.com/

It says bandwidth limit exceeded.... meaning that too many people have accessed the site and it has reached its monthly bandwidth allowance.

And it's been hashed out here several times that teleincision.com was purchased by some random guy who just wanted to start rumors. It's not an offical tool site.

ARMZ
08-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Show me proof shit face and I'll give you the moon.

Paradigm619
08-15-2005, 08:20 AM
See this thread:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=27946

ARMZ
08-15-2005, 08:28 AM
I came I saw I farted..........big fucking deal, that doesn't prove shit, I already know that this Teleincision business might be a hoax, but there is no absolute proof to confirm anything, so for the time being and until I'm satisfied then I will roll with this until there is nothing left to roll over.

Paradigm619
08-15-2005, 12:36 PM
fair enough

dracomordag
08-15-2005, 03:29 PM
you realize that now, because bandwidth was overexceeded, we will never know what was supposed to happen tomorrow.

The bandwidth will not reset till next month, so no one can view the site until then.

Not that anything would've been there anyway.

Tertius Oculum
08-15-2005, 05:45 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

haich
08-15-2005, 11:29 PM
probably back to normal now anyway...

Spongebob
08-16-2005, 02:18 AM
you realize that now, because bandwidth was overexceeded, we will never know what was supposed to happen tomorrow.

coincidence?

5th Eye
08-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Well, it's the 16th and the album's definitely not out, so...

PWN!

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
08-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Watch those photos be from Adam's myspace.... muhahahaha

Away in the sea of red
08-16-2005, 05:52 PM
The new album will obviously not be called teleinsicion........dipshits

triad636
08-16-2005, 06:10 PM
The new album will obviously not be called teleinsicion........dipshits
hey its spongebob with a new alias

Spongebob
08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
no its triad636 with a new alias.

mike tyson
08-17-2005, 10:13 AM
don't know if this has been said yet but..

usually blair does an "Augustember" newsletter.. so if he continues that trend.. don't expect the newsletter til mid-october

Goldfoot
08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Auguseptober sounds better.

Tertius Oculum
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Augseptoberemberdecjanurarymarch.

solomonarul
08-19-2005, 09:30 AM
And last, Mario in Croatia writes that "Tool's booking agents have contacted all the biggest european promotors / festivals, and a tour is being booked for summer 2006." If this is the case, coupled with ongoing recording sessions, it means we should expect a Tool record before then. (Amusingly, the first news post ever to The Tool Page intoned presciently "maybe in the spring.") §

new album in spring ???

ARMZ
08-19-2005, 09:34 AM
narrrr I reckon in bounce.

ATARI
08-19-2005, 10:14 AM
well, would european be before or after north american?

triad636
08-19-2005, 10:28 AM
im sure a north american tour would be after unless they did a mini tour in america, then did the europe dates, then they would prob hit aussieland then they would come back to NA then finish with another set of europe dates, but i could be totally wrong tho :(:)

Dirty Sanchez
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
And last, Mario in Croatia writes that "Tool's booking agents have contacted all the biggest european promotors / festivals, and a tour is being booked for summer 2006." If this is the case, coupled with ongoing recording sessions, it means we should expect a Tool record before then. (Amusingly, the first news post ever to The Tool Page intoned presciently "maybe in the spring.") §

new album in spring ???

Source?

killershears
08-19-2005, 05:23 PM
t.d.n. is the source.

flipmojo
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Is that August newsletter ever going to see the light of day?

ATARI
08-19-2005, 06:49 PM
not until blairtember

/Parallelus/Reflectionis/
08-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Source?

Haha ! Obviously you lost faith that any Tool news would ever be posted by Kabir 'till 2006 (since "our pal" only post real Tool news... well sort of... if you ignore April Fools'.... no wait...)

... or you just went directly to Tool Navy... damn !

triad636
08-20-2005, 09:46 AM
which months is blairtember between?
blaugust and bliartober... heh

5th Eye
08-20-2005, 05:01 PM
But of course, those are a few years from now.

mike tyson
08-20-2005, 11:01 PM
New Album: Smarch 2006.

haich
08-21-2005, 12:51 AM
"lousy smarch weather"

5th Eye
08-21-2005, 12:24 PM
october

Ryan
08-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Recently, I’ve been giving you information about the limited edition LATERALUS vinyl (and I’ll have more news about it in a few days),

it's been nine days, mang. get your act together.

Goldfoot
08-22-2005, 09:56 PM
it's been nine days, mang. get your act together.

I doubt he'll see that here, but maybe.

Anyway, are you on ETS also?

Ryan
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
haha, yeah i am

Goldfoot
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
haha, yeah i am

Thought so, but wasn't sure. I was pretty sure I saw you mention it and the "My Collection" thread there.

Oh, and your name is recognizable with the . in it.

Ryan
08-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Thought so, but wasn't sure. I was pretty sure I saw you mention it and the "My Collection" thread there.

Oh, and your name is recognizable with the . in it.

yes i regularly post in the My Collection thread

i usually just register the name Ryan, but on these big public messageboards it's usually taken, so i add a period to the end

BreakX
08-22-2005, 11:14 PM
I think we might be experiencing the calm before the storm. They had been feeding us much more information than usual, and stopped abruptly. I'm hoping that this means that the floodgates will soon open with a lot of the information we've been speculating on. Blair did say that he would be giving information any day now, more than a month ago, so maybe all of that will be put into the newsletter.

I think it is possible that we see a September/October release with the way things have been building lately. I'd also think they want us to think we're farther away from it than we actually are. That way, when we hear the news that omgwtfbbqlollerskates666cision comes out in September, we will all be relieved. This is definitely best case scenario. But, I think it is at least somewhat plausible.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
08-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Is that August newsletter ever going to see the light of day?

Probably not until September when they do what they did with July/June post both newsletters on the same day and make it like 'hey look we had it all along your just blind'

Ryan
08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
I think we might be experiencing the calm before the storm. They had been feeding us much more information than usual, and stopped abruptly. I'm hoping that this means that the floodgates will soon open with a lot of the information we've been speculating on. Blair did say that he would be giving information any day now, more than a month ago, so maybe all of that will be put into the newsletter.

I think it is possible that we see a September/October release with the way things have been building lately. I'd also think they want us to think we're farther away from it than we actually are. That way, when we hear the news that omgwtfbbqlollerskates666cision comes out in September, we will all be relieved. This is definitely best case scenario. But, I think it is at least somewhat plausible.

that would be fantastic.

Goldfoot
08-22-2005, 11:23 PM

*Hops in life raft. Buckles life vest.*

I'm ready for the flood. I wasn't a fan before Lateralus so I didn't keep up on the recording process or anything, but it does seem like we should be getting some REAL news fairly soon. And by fairly soon I mean before the middle of September.

MasterOfKtulu109
08-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Once they are done recording and mixing (which shouldn't be more than another month, since it costs a lot of money to use a studio and pay a producer to be there), it's all in the record company's hands, and that can be very unpredictable. Some bands finish their albums and they come out within 6 weeks or so.

If I remember correctly, Lateralus was finished in January 2001 and was to be released in mid-April. It was then mid-May. So you can see how unpredictable it can be, and it could be 3 more months from the time they actually finish recording. I'm going to be optimistic and guess November (avoid the Xmas chaos, but not push it all the way until January or February, which would make an uber early internet leak very likely; this seems to happen a lot when an album is on the shelf for a long time before release. It happened with NIN's new one).

Just from what I've seen, from the time an album is completed, it usually takes a month for someone to get it and slap it on the internet, so hopefully Tool will just release it very quickly and avoid the NIN-With teeth strategy of finishing the album in december, having it leak in march, and then releasing it in May, then bitching about the internet leak (what do you expect when it sits on a shelf at a record company for 5 months).

Goldfoot
08-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Just from what I've seen, from the time an album is completed, it usually takes a month for someone to get it and slap it on the internet, so hopefully Tool will just release it very quickly and avoid the NIN-With teeth strategy of finishing the album in december, having it leak in march, and then releasing it in May, then bitching about the internet leak (what do you expect when it sits on a shelf at a record company for 5 months).

Everything leaks early now. Really early sometimes. I've watched the Family Guy movie four times. I'm hoping that because of this they will rush the release when it's done.