PDA

View Full Version : Double-Disc?

TurdEye13
08-11-2005, 08:49 AM
What do you guys think about the chances that Tool's next album will be a dual disc set?

For me, I personally think there is about a 40% chance of this due to already released info. I remember hearing somewhere (maybe even on this forum) that Tool when they entered the studio to work on this new record still had an albums worth of material left over from Lateralus. Will they ever get that stuff out there?

What do you think?

Archetypically
08-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Umm... if they have stuff left over from lateralus, they might use some of it, but by now it has probably been changed irrecognizably. I am hoping that they have evolved as much as they do on every album. I think that all of their side projects are really going to have an effect on this album in a positive way.

I hope it's a dual disc.

dracomordag
08-11-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm starting to get the double-disc vibe...

maybe its just me, but that would make everything make sense.

Plus, it would kick ass.

Carny_Handles
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
im starting to think it will be a double disc too. THey seem to be taking longer than normal on this one.. lateralus was cranked out fairly quick.

I hope adam experiments with other tunings besides drop d and drop b. Maybe some good 7-string stuff that wont sound like korn or linkin park crap, but revolutionizes the way a 7-string is played.

Archetypically
08-11-2005, 10:17 AM
maybe

Tyro
08-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm not holding my breath for a double disc, although I'd instantly cream my pants if they did.

TurdEye13
08-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Nice Tyro!

Tyler
08-11-2005, 01:28 PM
I think, if they release a 2-disc set, it would be the new album alone, and would not include the left-over material from Lateralus.

It would make much more sense to release those extra tracks seperately from the new album. Perhaps, on a cd packaged with the original Lateralus disc, like a 5-year anniversary deluxe edition or something, similar to how NIN's "The Downward Spiral" was.

dracomordag
08-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Yea, most bands don't release leftover material from previous albums... And if they do, they don't make it anything special, they just incorporate it into the new album as if it were written along with the rest of the album. And they near always change it and update it.

Spongebob
08-11-2005, 02:24 PM
its a double no doubt about it.

ATARI
08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I hope it's not like the fragile, where the only reason that it's two disks is because there are those instrumentals that do nothing for the album, and is only like 90 minutes long total. I mean, I would rather have a 79 minute cd rather than a doulbe disked album that's only like 90 minutes long and costs twice as much

thats of course, assuming it is even a double disk.

Spongebob
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
it wont be a double disk, but it will be a double disc.

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I hope it's not like the fragile, where the only reason that it's two disks is because there are those instrumentals that do nothing for the album, and is only like 90 minutes long total. I mean, I would rather have a 79 minute cd rather than a doulbe disked album that's only like 90 minutes long and costs twice as much

thats of course, assuming it is even a double disk.
I really enjoyed the instrumentals on it. Although it will suck if it costed double for ten minutes more, however, i avoided this problem with TF with eBay :)

ATARI
08-11-2005, 04:30 PM
I really enjoyed the instrumentals on it. Although it will suck if it costed double for ten minutes more, however, i avoided this problem with TF with eBay :)

I liked them too, but for just the short amount of extra time that it added, it seemed uncessary.
The Wall worked out well because both LPs were pretty much filled to the max, and it's one of my favorite albums. :D

flipmojo
08-12-2005, 07:32 AM
There is a small chance that it will be a double-disc. It will depend on how much material they came up with. The longer it takes - the more likely it will be a double. There is also a chance that the new album will be available with the live DVD. The DVD/CD combo package is a possibility.

Blair needs to give us some more insight into how the recording process is coming along. It would be nice to hear how many songs they have done, how long some of the songs are, a few pictures of them in the studio would be cool, and a little snippet of lyrics from a song would be sweet! Blair should already know to do this.

triad636
08-12-2005, 07:55 AM
There is a small chance that it will be a double-disc. It will depend on how much material they came up with. The longer it takes - the more likely it will be a double. There is also a chance that the new album will be available with the live DVD. The DVD/CD combo package is a possibility.

Blair needs to give us some more insight into how the recording process is coming along. It would be nice to hear how many songs they have done, how long some of the songs are, a few pictures of them in the studio would be cool, and a little snippet of lyrics from a song would be sweet! Blair should already know to do this.
well im sure if it was up to blair he would have given us more info but the music isnt his.. so tool ultimately decides what blair can post pretaining to the new album im sure if they are nearing completion they will give us an update or maybe a release date... we just have to wait, yes we all know waiting is hard, especially a 5 year wait.. but in time we will get the info we are looking for, and it will be official as opposed to speculation

Archetypically
08-12-2005, 08:31 AM
When this CD comes out, this forum is going to go silent for a while...

triad636
08-12-2005, 09:38 AM
When this CD comes out, this forum is going to go silent for a while...
i think it will be totally opposite, people will be in here posting their thoughts and interpretations .. plus the new fans that the new album spawns... it wont be silent at all

Archetypically
08-12-2005, 10:07 AM
i think it will be totally opposite, people will be in here posting their thoughts and interpretations .. plus the new fans that the new album spawns... it wont be silent at all
Ya, I guess you're right... It's going to be funny hearing people ask me if I've heard of Tool. That always happens when Tool comes out with CDs. They have such long breaks between CDs people think they are a new band when they put out a CD. It is funny.

triad636
08-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Ya, I guess you're right... It's going to be funny hearing people ask me if I've heard of Tool. That always happens when Tool comes out with CDs. They have such long breaks between CDs people think they are a new band when they put out a CD. It is funny.
yea its pretty funny.. when lateralus came out i had some kid ask me " hey have you heard of tool? you should check em out" i guess he thought they were a new band.. i was like.. um yea ive liked em for a while, then i was like .. you know theyve been around for about 11 years , he was like no way man... it is cool but sometimes annoying

Archetypically
08-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Yes... makes you want to slap them.

flipmojo
08-12-2005, 10:44 AM
well im sure if it was up to blair he would have given us more info but the music isnt his.. so tool ultimately decides what blair can post pretaining to the new album im sure if they are nearing completion they will give us an update or maybe a release date... we just have to wait, yes we all know waiting is hard, especially a 5 year wait.. but in time we will get the info we are looking for, and it will be official as opposed to speculation

No excuses.

Tertius Oculum
08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
What if it's a Triple Disc Set? That would be quite something.

And remember about the Packaging that might include some Alex Grey Book?