PDA

View Full Version : About Birth??

eon_yellow_apocalypse
08-10-2005, 02:01 AM
i think the song Parabol and Parabola can be interpretted in 2 ways:
about a child being born from the point of view of the child, or from the point of view from the mother....
i myself like 2 think its from the childs point of view...

Parabol

So familiar and overwhelmingly warm
[warmth in the mothers belly...or maybe warmth as in feeling comfortable. its fimiliar cuz its his/her mom he/she is in]
This one, this form I hold now.
[the "form" is probably a reference 2 the human form of the child, its soul embedded in it..]
Embracing you, this reality here,
[embracing the "reality" the child has just encountered..OR..embracing its physical form]
This one, this form I hold now, so
Wide eyed and hopeful.
[this line is kinda obvious...the child seeing the world around it with wide eyes n hope]
Wide eyed and hopefully wild.
[wild cuz the child has not been "tamed" by the rules n laws n discipline of society]
We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
[the new world around the child is 2 mesmerizing n wonderful...making it unneccesary 2 remember everything thjat happened b4]
Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
["stay inside" seems like part of the next line.."stay inside this body..."]
This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
[the physical form holkding the soul/spirit of the child reminds it that the "spirit" isnt all there is 2 it..]
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.
[unlike the spirit or soul, the body leaves a physical n actual mark on the universe, that will last forever....another posibility is, as maynard himself sed, "At a basic level, we’re nothing but simple chemicals and electricity bound together. Further extrapolated, we’re nothing
but slowed down energy. The same stuff as everything. At that level, there is no such thing as pain."]

Parabola

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside
This holy reality, this holy experience.
[the experience of being born...of experiencing reality is considered holy]
Choosing to be here in
This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.
Alive, I
[the child is alive...duh]
In this holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in
This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
Twirling round with this familiar parable.
[a parable...a sort of story with a moral...might b talking about the familiar concept of birth...this might also b a pun..cuz the song is called ParaBOL..a parable is also a religious story...this metaphor goes with the reference 2 "this holy reality"]
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
[the child examining every new experience...]
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.
["holy gift" also goes with this religion-metaphor..recognising the opportunity of existing as sumthing very precious, 2 b celebrated]
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
[mortality means subject 2 death..but it also means being human...the physical body the child has reminds it that its human]
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
[this moment must b embraced n lived 2 the fullest..the eternal part maybe a reference 2 that thing maynard sed about us being energy...OR it might b thought of as "we must remember that birth will always carry on...more children like me shall b born n our race will live on..making us eternal"]

this is just my interpretation of the song..dusnt HAVE 2 b right at all...

]ifrit[
08-21-2005, 01:46 PM
It's interesting...
I still believe of the re-connection of body and soul (separation at schism)
dunno...

eon_yellow_apocalypse
08-26-2005, 09:29 AM
reconnection of body n soul seems more appropriate n related 2 the themes of Lateralus..