PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl/Salival Theory

TurdEye13
08-06-2005, 02:37 PM
This is just a theory I have about Salival and the new Lateralus vinyl release.
Can these possibly be related? I mean before Lateralus there was Salival. A collection of live tracks with a DVD/VHS to tide Tool fans over until the next record.

This was released in December of 2000, almost exactly six months before the release of "Lateralus" in May. Could the Lateralus vinyl be that same type of release just to tide us Tool fans over until the new album is complete? I sure hope that is not true because if you look at it that way, it places the new album in a positon to be out sometime in January/February. That would definetley suck!

What do you guys think?

Do you really believe that it still could be that long until we hear some new Tool?

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Do you really believe that it still could be that long until we hear some new Tool?
Considering that lateralus vinyl's just coming out, the other rumor speculating january as a start for the promo, and the fact we don't have any official word on the album at all by now, yeah, it's very, very likely.

wwwanggg
08-06-2005, 02:48 PM
hm. that blows. if they release the dvd in october, and they promo in january, i guess we'll get the new album in march or april 2006?

that's so fucking long.. i don't think i can wait.

death_2_usa
08-06-2005, 02:51 PM
At least salival had sum new tunes to over analyse for six months b4 lateralus came out... I doubt anyone could amuse themselves with the vinyls artwork for six months...

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
08-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Well, there's always the rumored DVD, i don't know if it'll have new shit but it's supposed to be "more than just another band playing DVD" (or something to that effect), so i guess we'll just have to wait and see...

dwr budr
08-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Based on the picture we saw with Adam holding the new vinyl, it seems to me at least, they put a lot of effort into making a pretty stellar product. Something that they deemed worthy enough to stamp TooL on it is probably not something just to tide us over...

I haven't posted any of my thoughts as to when the new album will be released cos I really don't see the point...most the postings are mere speculation. Unless your inside the TooL camp or were somehow able to crack Blair's hidden messages...nobody is going to know until they thell us. The wait is kinda fun anyway.

Tyler
08-06-2005, 03:35 PM
We've been waiting for that vinyl for quite a long time - it could've come out 2 years ago, or whenever. It doesn't dictate when the album will come out. If the album is released in January/February, it would be a mere coincidence. The recording process certainly won't take that long, anyway.

Exakt
08-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Tons of bets...
Las Vegas, I would personally call them up and place bets on 2006 people...

There is no way that the vinyl is a package to merely "hold us over"...

TOOL enjoys grandeur and we enjoy the grandeur that TOOL brings...
Expect tons of promo nonsense, 2006...

Ryan
08-06-2005, 05:50 PM
ned of the year.

http://www.echoalpha.com/tests/NedFlanders_178x235.gif

Intertwined
08-06-2005, 06:23 PM

You win at life.

And yeah, that is exactly the purpose of this late release of Lateralus.

Lackymacky
08-06-2005, 07:57 PM

lol

to be honest i would have been able to wait, but because of all the hype saying the album was coming about august..made me anticipate it. if i had never heard of such speculation! i would be excited to find out the album was going to come out jan/feb.

good luck to all those who are pacing back and forward, i have sympathy for you