PDA

View Full Version : affinity for schism

dissociation
11-21-2002, 01:08 AM
this song is the most beneficial on the album. at least you don't have to analyze it to understand it. when i first heard this song (the day it came out), i was shocked to hear such positivism from this band. it's exactly what i needed at the time too, being that i relate perfectly to this song. i'm very glad it won a grammy. well deserved indeed.

hateandvaseline
12-04-2002, 06:12 AM
I agree, it was good to hear something different from Tool. It's probably not my favorite on the album, but it is good.

dissociation
12-04-2002, 05:20 PM
word.

hateandvaseline
12-07-2002, 12:58 PM
represent.

neo_taboolie
12-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Schism is a very easy song to create a connection to. It creates an optimistic and believable concept, through the lyrics and the song... it leaves me feeling peaceful and fulfilled.
I'd have to say that I prefer other songs off the album, to Schism, and the song is almost like bridging a gap over the void that exists between Tool fans and the superficial, mindless young population of resource-using people (like my sister).

Personally I prefer the verisimilitude (love that username) that other Tool songs can create...

TooMuchPressure
12-09-2002, 02:08 PM
You know what? I agree with MOST of the opinions in the overall "Opinions" forum. This is no exception. It's nice to see we think alike. :) Well, for the most part. >:|