PDA

View Full Version : Is this really that bad?

a_divine_martyr
02-16-2003, 01:05 PM
The Grammy Awards of 1992..

Record of the Year: "Unforgettable" - Natalie Cole with Nat King Cole

Song of the Year: "Unforgettable"

Best New Artist: Marc Cohn

Best Pop Male Vocal Performance: "When A Man Loves A Woman" - Michael Bolton

Best Pop Female Vocal Performance: Something To Talk About" - Bonnie Raitt

Best Rock Vocal Performance: "Bad Love" - Eric Clapton

Best Hard Rock Performance: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Van Halen

Best Alternative Performance: 1992: Out Of Time - R.E.M

----------

Given that, is Opiate an "un-original rock CD" as quoted by Fruitbar11 on the TDN forums???

umbilicalchemist
12-05-2004, 07:02 PM
who gives a fuck about the grammis?

ARMZ
12-06-2004, 07:07 PM
It was only an EP.

Masochistic Chia Pet
12-10-2004, 02:41 PM
yes it really is that bad and yes the grammys suck

IC
01-12-2005, 01:45 PM
who the hell is Fruitbar11

SpiralOutKeepGoing
08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
The Grammy Awards of 1992..

Record of the Year: "Unforgettable" - Natalie Cole with Nat King Cole

Song of the Year: "Unforgettable"

Best New Artist: Marc Cohn

Best Pop Female Vocal Performance: Something To Talk About" - Bonnie Raitt

Best Rock Vocal Performance: "Bad Love" - Eric Clapton

Best Hard Rock Performance: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Van Halen

Best Alternative Performance: 1992: Out Of Time - R.E.M

----------

Given that, is Opiate an "un-original rock CD" as quoted by Fruitbar11 on the TDN forums???

No it just shows that people hadn't embraced Tool yet like they did with Schism.

Wave.Existance.Tears
08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
^ Exactly. Not even Sober was THAT big with the mainstream. Schism was classic among all. W00T. So now we have a lot of shitty fans as well as the HxC fans.

I <3 Opiate, nonetheless. Don't know about everyone else though.

bluefire
08-23-2005, 06:41 PM
tool was fairly underground at this point. plus this is really not that good of a cd. Its a good listen, but apart from hard core tool fans, noone really even knows about it.

SmallWangedMan
08-23-2005, 06:55 PM
The Grammies are supposed to be funny, I think.

Useful Idiot
08-23-2005, 10:15 PM
It's mostly shunned because it's their most "metal" offering.

s ti N Kfizt
08-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Opiate ep doesn't sound yet much Tool.. Jerk-off is Tool's worst song i think.
But Opiate and Hush for example are fucking schnool.

Zinnia
08-26-2005, 01:26 PM
i like the whole cd
it's diffrent but still verry good in my opinion

clarity.
08-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Jerk-Off is one of my favorites on that cd.

Actually, all of it is really good. It's just that the later albums were way more ambitious and ground-breaking so Opiate gets overlooked.

Deyve
10-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree, Jerk-off is my favourite song on Opiate as a matter of fact it is one of my favourite tool songs all round.

It really actually quite pisses me off that everybody bags out Opiate as you may have read in an earlier thread. Personally I think Undertow is their worst album (prepares for flaming) apart from a few good songs, I don't think anything is particularly special about it.

I like every single song on Opiate, I think they're all fucking great. Sure it may be no Aenima, but it's a fantastic album nonetheless. Sometimes you need something heavy to listen to, and in this you can get both your fix of heavy and tool in the same place.

Not to mention, it was their first recording when they were starting out, and discovering themselves as a band and as song writers and personally, I think they did a pretty fucking good job.

~Deyve

Tool_Is_Sick
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
who gives a fuck about the grammis?

Word. Fuck the grammys.

Tool_Is_Sick
10-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree, Jerk-off is my favourite song on Opiate as a matter of fact it is one of my favourite tool songs all round.

It really actually quite pisses me off that everybody bags out Opiate as you may have read in an earlier thread. Personally I think Undertow is their worst album (prepares for flaming) apart from a few good songs, I don't think anything is particularly special about it.

I like every single song on Opiate, I think they're all fucking great. Sure it may be no Aenima, but it's a fantastic album nonetheless. Sometimes you need something heavy to listen to, and in this you can get both your fix of heavy and tool in the same place.

Not to mention, it was their first recording when they were starting out, and discovering themselves as a band and as song writers and personally, I think they did a pretty fucking good job.

~Deyve

About undertow...well i grew up listening to that album so it has a sweetspot in my heart...that Cd is awesome..But once again that is your opinion. Opiate is still kick ass btw, but my least favorite as you would imagine.

Inner_Eulogy
10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
About undertow...well i grew up listening to that album so it has a sweetspot in my heart...that Cd is awesome..But once again that is your opinion. Opiate is still kick ass btw, but my least favorite as you would imagine.

You do know that you just responded to somebody's post from like, 2yrs ago...right.

Tool_Is_Sick
10-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I do now. Thank you for pointing that out. I should start looking at the dates from now on right? So you dont call me out on it down the road...and save myself the embarassment? One day......I wanna be as kool as you man.

bentTOOL23
10-10-2007, 03:53 PM

----------

michael bolton!!! yes!

Carny_Handles
03-03-2010, 01:00 PM
You do know that you just responded to somebody's post from like, 2yrs ago...right.

what a retard!

elusivEuphoria
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
^ LOL

edit: I mean really laughing, a joke that takes almost 3 years to deliver the punchline.... pretty impressive.

TOD
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Seven years and still going strong.

lotus.
03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
haven't watched the grammys in quite some time, same goes for the oscars. awards mean nothing, and love means everything.

TOD
03-17-2010, 11:24 PM
love means everything.

Agreed. I love you Lotus.

Mar5ha11
05-26-2010, 11:23 PM
I love Tool. I haven't been a fan for that long and I am still discovering some of their work, apparently. I just found out about Opiate a few days ago. I was listening to Pandora for the first time and I heard Opiate (the song). At first I didn't like it but it had a pretty heavy sound after a minute. Then I was like, "Holy shit! Is that Maynard?!"

Anyway, I love the album! All of it. Jerk-off especially. I find the little bit at the end of Opiate awesomely amusing. I was all alone when I first heard it and burst into laughter. It's OK until he pisses on your lighter. Brilliant.

lotus.
05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Agreed. I love you Lotus.

and i love you TOD, you create positive vibes across these boards.