PDA

View Full Version : Parabola / Third Eye Connection?

Chris Myth
08-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I was bored and noticed that if you start playing the song "Third Eye" and the "Parabola" video at the same time, the song syncs up to the video... particularly towards the end, the effect is really quite interesting ("prying open my third eye!")... even if it's just a weird coincidence, it's pretty cool, check it out...

Indrid Cold
08-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Yea, id say there were a few parts that did sync up espically towards then end but it looks more to be a coincidence. Its cool you noticed this.

Odibilėph
08-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Isn't the Parabola video only about 10 minutes long?
Third Eye is longer....

Chris Myth
08-08-2005, 08:01 AM
the song runs longer than the video, but there are still some weird coincidences, the most striking of which comes near the end of the video, where maynard first screams "prying open my third eye". check it out.

Masochistic Chia Pet
08-14-2005, 10:36 AM
wow cool very interesting

]ifrit[
08-25-2005, 03:00 AM
nice....
i still cant get why they are 2 eyes at the beggining and then they become one and go at the head.

nicolas
09-06-2005, 11:53 AM
alex grey is just so goddamn amazing. tool and alex are a free form of mdma, if you ask me...

nicolas
09-06-2005, 11:57 AM
i think the two eyes becoming one are a symbol for not needing optical powers to see with the "third eye", the minds eye, your conscience. the eyes on your face let you see, spreading the wisdom and love throughtout your body, toe to head, then they combine into the third, cerebral eye...or some shit, im no good with words... but i can think. with your eyes closed you see all that Really exists, the truth, shit fire; save matches

tabularasa
09-20-2005, 07:24 PM
The two eyes represent the sun and moon energies of the chakra, they twist back and forth up each chakra as they cross (wand of hermes), notice how one of the 7 chakra (looks like a lotus flower) opens every time the eyes cross? it pauses at the heart (a green flower) as this is an important chakra and at the third eye chakra, however they focus mainly on this as this film clip was created for this song but used in parabola. Also notice alex grey's (i think its collective vision) painting representing the crown chakra reversing and opening so the being becomes part of the "universal mind lattice" (alex grey's "Chapel of Sacred Mirrors).

DonnieDarko
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
hey, have you guys ever heard that if you watch the wizard of oz while playing pink floyd's "dark side of the moon," they perfectly sync up?

awaking
09-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Try watching the video with THE GRUDGE playing. The beginning has the backround ambience.. which u can hear in the beginning of the grudge.. I have this on my myspace. Maybe its old news, but they def sound cool playing over each other.. esp since Parabol is a low song.. ehh try it out. http://www.myspace.com/566050
{EDIT}
i see that this mentioned in that thread about being a tool geek. i knew i heard it somewhere. I had tried it with the Schism video before. kinda cool too

killershears
10-04-2005, 12:26 PM
hey, have you guys ever heard that if you watch the wizard of oz while playing pink floyd's "dark side of the moon," they perfectly sync up?

No. That sucks. It really does.

Jorge
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
it works really good for me.

s ti N Kfizt
11-12-2005, 04:10 PM
yeah Third Eye fits it well

delysid
12-18-2005, 01:44 AM
do you start them simultaneously?

Odibilėph
12-20-2005, 08:52 AM
duhhh

scummonk
02-06-2006, 04:55 AM
As if you noticed that. Interesting, although coincidence.

Dedicated_TOOLfan
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I love this music video it is extremely enlightening and makes you realize that life is a dream as Third Eye states and that pain is illusion.....

moneyisevil
02-18-2006, 10:15 PM
when exactly do u start the song/video? at the exact begging? and what is this i hear the grudge syncs up as well..

ps: i once watched Lateralus synced with the Nightmare before xmas...wow

bwood99x
02-26-2006, 09:11 AM

did that like 3 years ago, and yeah i think its a bunch of crap. Theres too many far reaches to connect the two most of the time. If you synch up anything, i believe far reached connections and even a couple alarming ones would randomly happen

JBandBro
03-12-2006, 11:51 AM
It appears as though there are many of these connections.

cordelle11walker
03-19-2006, 01:11 PM
It fits with all tool songs,thats tool all about

epistomai
04-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Pardon my english, but I'm mexican. This is some of little things I understood from Parabola Video:

1.- The first 3 ugly guys with suit represents doctors (see the maletin from one of them)
2.- The one who has the maletin gets a knife envolved with the thing that priests carries in their necks (I don't know the name, soutane coud be?), so is a blaspheme thing. The knife represents a scalpel, so it represents the opening of human beings (remember in Inquisition that was forbiden).
3.- With the knife he cuts an apple (the sinner fruit, or the fruit that tempt humans) so it's a religious thing too. It appears some symbols. The first one is the pentagram (pagan symbol), then the David Cross or Star (Jewish) and then another that I seemed in some book store of a Magic spells book. I want to get that book, but don't remember the name. The store doesn't have anymore. So, the apple says a metaphor of progresion of religious thing (the third eye explanation and conection to this I'll do it after).
4.- Then the 3 guys make a circle (achelarre/Witche's Sabbath maybe?). When the circle is complete (I'm not Darth Vader, he) appears many hands and make other star or cross (pagan? don't know).
5.- Some other anoying things I don't get it, till a black squaring rock is broken. Let's remember 2001 Space oddisey, there's where that rock appears (another connection?). That rock represents "The knowledge"; and the man who brokes it maybe represents anarchy or the contradiction of Church beliefs. Also appears machines, so the Dark times have passed away.
6.- It appers also a face made of roots. That face reminds me some Indian God or Chinese God (mor Indian than Chinese). So we're getting closer to the third eye stuff.
7.- The man is also watching at the window. It could mean he's searching for the truth (he's enclosed or locked in a "Blinded" phylosopy.
8.- One more, the man cuts of the little guy. Another explanation of the Inquisition and the obscured times. Darkness is also a metaphor of being blinded by church.
8.- The man goes out. He walk thorugh the forest like a Tibetan monk. He disapears into all light. Then two fire things (represents souls) appear ang gets into his body; the body represents karma, and also the background represents Ethereal or new age stuff (the background is a cross or a star for alpha & omega waves or something like that) mixed with Karma and Indian religion. Then the two fires transform into his "Third eye" The absolute and final level of "Enlightement"

Another thing that anyone can tell about this?

epistomai
04-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Another thing

The balloons that punches the little guy is a fetus. First one, then two, then keep going and going. Also could be the sacred geometry, where the circles come to the first level "Seed of life", then the second "Fruit of life" or "Egg of life" stage, and at last the third one "Flower of life". Flower of life, sacred geometry and fibonacci (the spiral of life) are also Indian beliefs. Parabola is also when the circles touches between them, isn't it?

I like Stink Fist video also, but It's annoying to me. Here in my country the worst bad word you can do is "Chinga tu madre" that means "fuck your mother" (not in a sexual way, but in a way to bug her) and the action to put the arm like Maynard said "Elbow deep inside the border line" means that. Even Marylin Manson made a copy from that video in Toruniquette's one.

allusion7.0
04-23-2006, 05:33 PM
that is some interesting shit epistomai. I'd heard the whole inquisition bit...

Blahman52
05-02-2006, 01:36 PM
I think actually a big key may be given in the VERY beginning of the video, when the border comes down. It stays around the edges of the screen for th entire video. You never are actually watching a full screen. And I think the weird things floating in the beginning that end up making the room that the doctors are in are probably key as well. I don't really know what they mean but I'm sure they're very big clues as to what's going on.

ween69
05-03-2006, 07:53 AM
i think the floating balls represent hairy nuggets of opression, forced on black people by the white man

xyu
05-09-2006, 10:19 AM
to epistomai:

Concerning stinkfist lyrics , elbow deep inside the border line etc.

For God's sake the whole song is allegorical! If you believe it's about fisting or whatever this sexual action is called (I am greek) then Maynard really tricked you there, like he did with most of people who try to interpret the song so superficially. Try again dude, read between the lines. Also, I don't recall the song mentioning any "mother". Does anyone?

Sorry, I know I am off-topic but I had to answer to this guy

a perfect spiral
05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
to epistomai:

Concerning stinkfist lyrics , elbow deep inside the border line etc.

For God's sake the whole song is allegorical! If you believe it's about fisting or whatever this sexual action is called (I am greek) then Maynard really tricked you there, like he did with most of people who try to interpret the song so superficially. Try again dude, read between the lines. Also, I don't recall the song mentioning any "mother". Does anyone?

Sorry, I know I am off-topic but I had to answer to this guy

if you re-read his post, he was not interpreting it as such, but saying that the media does. seriously, go back and actually read it before you comment. granted his english is just a little bit off, but he makes sense.

and if you think about it... what did MTV play the video as ??? was it labled Stinkfist ?? nope... thats all he's talking about. the "Mother" reference was in no relation to the song if you go look... jeez

xyu
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't get your point a perfect spiral. I read his post again, but I still get the same message. Whatever...

BornagainHeretic
05-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that John Denvers Greatest Hits syncs up perfectlly with the Omen. Cuhreepy.