PDA

View Full Version : Special Features on LIVE DVD

SAGET
07-30-2005, 06:54 AM
My friend and I were talking about what would be cool special feautures on the live dvd. At first I just said a bunch of interviews and backstage shit, but then he came up with a better idea. REHEARSALS. I would love to see them rehears, especially if its for the album (even if its for lateralus). I just want to see how they write and come up with their songs. And I want to see them argue. What else do you guys want to see?

death_2_usa
07-30-2005, 07:54 AM
I want to see maybe a herd of sheep run over by a combine harvester, shit like that... yea...

Isac Khrondor
07-30-2005, 08:16 AM
* Rehearsing, deciding how the songs should work

* Interviews

* Backstage stuff, talking about the show they are about to, or have just done.

* The band doing something funny

* The band saying something clever

* Very old footage of the band (all of above, but Opiate - Undertow era)

* Rare photos of the band

* The band getting rid of Blair

wwwanggg
07-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Human sacrifices

Bogart
07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
dts surround sound
interviews
backstage rituals ( you know all bands have them)
footage of them on the tour bus and what they do
and of course the rumoured pink floyd "the wall" esque movie

100th post

Tyler
07-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Interviews, backstage stuff, and a short film would be great, but song writing discussions and rehearsals seem like they would give away far too much about the songs and the member's methods, and we all know TOOL is not a band known for doing that.

Tertius Oculum
07-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Maynard's Wine Cellar. (How and why he made it)
Maynard's slave's being taught how to make wine.
Maynard drunk and abusing his slaves.
Maynard passed out in the middle of the Arizona desert.
Blair running away from the Area 51 Security, and him losing his silver coleman.
15 Minute Short Film about losing the silver coleman.
Justin trying to speak without his accent.

mike tyson
07-30-2005, 02:08 PM
a bunch of stupid occult shit that no one cares about

pris0n
07-30-2005, 02:34 PM
I would hope they put in some of the footage from Danny's drumset. Like from the camera shots they use on his website.

5th Eye
07-30-2005, 02:39 PM
I'd like to see a good long film of the band beating up Blair with sticks with nails in them.

wwwanggg
07-30-2005, 03:05 PM
I'd like to see a good long film of the band beating up Blair with sticks with nails in them.

Kind of like The Passion of the Christ?

bluefire
07-30-2005, 03:30 PM
a bunch of stupid occult shit that no one cares about

If there is a DVD put out, this is almost a sure bet.

rochey-o
07-30-2005, 03:39 PM
i want to see the band get PUNKD

mike tyson
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
i punkd my grandma.. it was funny

Intertwined
07-30-2005, 07:17 PM
I can't picture Maynard getting punk'd. At all.

There should be a Maynard Vision feature that has a special camera on Maynard's glasses so everyone knows everything there is to know about him.

Yeah.. I doubt it will have rehearsel stuff on it.

Lackymacky
07-30-2005, 08:16 PM
i also doubt that it will have rehearsal shit on it. congrats schism81! happy 100th post to you...happy 100th post to you......happy 100th post to you...happy 100th post to you.. how many posts do you have now?
do you have 1? do you have 2? do you have 3? do you have 4? do you have 5? do you have 6?....do you have 100?
yay!

i really wish they would do rehearsals...but like i said i REALLY doubt it, because of how private they are and plus like tyler said they wouldnt do it because it kind of gives a little of the, what we technicals like to call, "umph" factor which they have.

oh and im the friend schema is talking about...

...youre all jealous

Nyne
07-31-2005, 03:06 PM
I wanna see Maynard sacrifice a teenager.

ARMZ
07-31-2005, 03:36 PM
The front menu will be the tree of life and at the end of each branch will be an option to go into. The DVD its self logs how many times you have watched it, the more you watch it the more branches grow from it and more features will open up, these features are as follows...

Live on stage videos, collection of music videos, some sort of cryptic geometric puzzle to try and solve, some unreleased footage, unreleased music videos for 46 & 2 and Lateralus, a 'stare at this for 5 minutes' picture of something that does/doesn't do anything. And something or nothing to do about aliens.

Remember folks what I have just said is bullshit, lets not get it twisted....

5th Eye
07-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Kind of like The Passion of the Christ?Yes, quite (though I've never seen it). Blair getting crucified! Ooh, it makes me tingle with excitement!

ProfoundHaytred
07-31-2005, 06:51 PM
* Rehearsing, deciding how the songs should work

* Interviews

* Backstage stuff, talking about the show they are about to, or have just done.

* The band doing something funny

* The band saying something clever

* Very old footage of the band (all of above, but Opiate - Undertow era)

* Rare photos of the band

* The band getting rid of Blair
Him and his goddamn vegan fucking pizza's. Blair has posted some really unintersting things on toolband.

mike tyson
07-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Here's the only shit I want on the DVD:

Occult shit that I don't care about.
Satanic sacrifices featuring the band.
Maynard wine-making.
Adam sculpting and farting.
Justin meditating on mountains and being like jesus.
Blair laughing at these forums and posting updates on TOOLBAND.
Lots of booty.

Nyne
07-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Here's the only shit I want on the DVD:

Occult shit that I don't care about.
Satanic sacrifices featuring the band.
Maynard wine-making.
Adam sculpting and farting.
Justin meditating on mountains and being like jesus.
Blair laughing at these forums and posting updates on TOOLBAND.
Lots of booty.
I wouldn't mind seeing some booty on this DVD as well.

blue/shimmering
08-01-2005, 03:00 AM
video footage of the performance of the two opiate live tracks......

then they can re-release jerk-off as a single.

rsh
08-01-2005, 04:05 AM
anal sex

Intertwined
08-01-2005, 05:43 AM
Don't forget Danny driving a cop car running over Ashlee Simpson.

Isac Khrondor
08-01-2005, 06:50 AM
The front menu will be the tree of life and at the end of each branch will be an option to go into. The DVD its self logs how many times you have watched it, the more you watch it the more branches grow from it and more features will open up..

That is fucking cool.

Intertwined
08-01-2005, 07:00 AM
The only way a DVD could "remember" things is if it were saved to an outside source, I doubt this DVD is meant for DVD-Rs and this DVD is a DVD-RW.

blue/shimmering
08-01-2005, 07:24 AM
i want it to be a documentary:

"tool: the hidden truth"

the filmmaker attempts to reveal Tool's hidden identities by making assassination attempts:

1) MJK: upon luring him into a dark alley with a 1500 dollar bottle of wine, the filmmaker attempts to beat maynard with a stick. maynard shoots lightning from his fingertips, but this drains all his energy and he becomes horribly disfigured, revealing himself as the dark lord of the sith.

2) Adam: the filmmaker snipes at adam from a hill. he makes a direct hit, and just as the bullet hits him, he vanishes, then appears again in the exact same spot, completely unscathed. at this point the camera/man is/are taken to another plane of existence where it is explained that Adam is in fact a mist of hyperdense particles of pure intelligence scattered throughout time and space, and that Adam Jones is just a physical manifestation of this ultimate being, which can never be killed

3)Justin: like all british/canadian/french/whatever people, it is well known that Justin is in fact a 7-foot-tall reptilian monstrosity who shoots fire out of his eyes. they just catch him with no makeup on.

4) Danny: danny carey is, contrary to popular belief, human. he's just damn big. when the filmmaker attacks him, danny grabs him and beats him to a pulp, then tears him apart and plays a drum solo on his vital organs with fragments of his tibea. this scene goes on for 20 minutes. not because it reveals anything, just cause its entertaining.

that'd be great, IMHO

mike tyson
08-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Don't forget Danny driving a cop car running over Ashlee Simpson.

What?

That is fucking cool.

No it's not.

Intertwined
08-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Danny hates APC so much he made he runs over bikini bandits.

Isac Khrondor
08-01-2005, 08:40 AM
No it's not.

Yes it is.

5th Eye
08-01-2005, 08:58 AM
The front menu will be the tree of life and at the end of each branch will be an option to go into. The DVD its self logs how many times you have watched it, the more you watch it the more branches grow from it and more features will open up, these features are as follows... Unfortunately for you and Isac Khrondor, the tree of life doesn't really have branches.

Isac Khrondor
08-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I think he actually meant a tree, or maybe he meant the 'branches' on the tree of life would break away or something?

Intertwined
08-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Regardless, a dvd can't log anything, unless your player can overwrite the dvd and the dvd is a dvd-rw. @_@

Self_Destructive
08-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Maynard's Wine Cellar. (How and why he made it)
Maynard's slave's being taught how to make wine.
Maynard drunk and abusing his slaves.
Maynard passed out in the middle of the Arizona desert.
Blair running away from the Area 51 Security, and him losing his silver coleman.
15 Minute Short Film about losing the silver coleman.
Justin trying to speak without his accent.
That would be awesome... specially Blair beeing kicked out and hopefully shot in the head...
About Maynard: what an impressive collection of Ports he has...

MentalSanityOff
08-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Hopefully it will come with Maynard's Dick Pacman

BatterY316
08-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I would like to see somebody get yelled at for taking a dook in the tour bus bathroom and making it all stinky like in the bus.

ARMZ
08-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Fuck! I forgot to add a final feature...........karaoke!

Remember folks what I have just said is bullshit, lets not get it twisted....

Cygnus-ß °|X1|°
08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
interviews and backstage stuff...

clone
08-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Several camera anngles available for all the songs: one for each member, one for the whole band, and one for the special footage/animations

Dirty Sanchez
08-08-2005, 03:58 PM
^That would be fucking awesome. I don't want to get my hopes up about it, but it would surely kick ass.

dracomordag
08-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Like the "Live at Budokan" Dream Theater DVD. They had a different camera angle for each member during the performance of Instrumedly. So all the loyal fan-boys could whack it to their hero's fast fingers.

But honestly, that would kick ass. And that tree idea is cool, if it was possible. They could find some way to do it.

And it would be too much like the aMotion DVD menu.

5th Eye
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Except that the Amotion menus sucked.

Intertwined
08-09-2005, 06:19 PM
aMOTION!

JAMES IHA LOL

But yeah that tree idea would be toooooooo similiar to that. Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot about that dvd.

ARMZ
08-09-2005, 06:35 PM
The amotion DVD has a tree menu?

I seriously had no idea about that, I'll have to think of some other cotten pickin menu idea thingy that has no baring on the final product what so ever...

Tertius Oculum
08-10-2005, 01:36 AM
A doomsday Clock.

ARMZ
08-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Dear God, if you really do exist, could you grant me one wish, please put the Third Eye Live Video on the DVD disc, thanks mother fucker.

Bill_Hix
08-13-2005, 02:59 PM
you're easily the weirdest person on TDN

eon_yellow_apocalypse
08-14-2005, 02:36 AM
I hope they have some new music videos....
For Faaip De Oiad,Eon Blue Apocalypse,Useful Idiot and Third Eye...
and maybe some unreleased songs from Lateralus(i read sumwhere they had stuff left from Lateralus)...something like Maynard's Dick or maybe PS2(Prison Sex 2)

Borin
08-14-2005, 03:46 AM
Dear God, if you really do exist, could you grant me one wish, please put the Third Eye Live Video on the DVD disc, thanks mother fucker.

!

5th Eye
08-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I heard serious rumor of a Faaip De Oiad video. Whatever happened to that?

ARMZ
08-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I'd never even heard of that rumor and Borin did you mean....

!

5th Eye
08-16-2005, 05:14 AM
I don't remember where I heard/read it, but I did. Just wondering if anyone could clarify.

eon_yellow_apocalypse
08-16-2005, 07:34 AM
WOW...Faaip De Oiaad video would be awsome...i hope it has the Parental Advisory sign from the Hush video battling the bald guy from Parabola until they both merge in the end 2 form a robocop-type lizard that jumps onto a space craft..

paraflux
08-16-2005, 08:39 AM
The last few shows on the small venues tour, they did an encore. It consisted of Faaip de Oiaad. And it was recorded.

Nith Sahor
08-16-2005, 08:47 AM
It was just them playing and a slideshow of photos from Area 51 I think (Blair/Bliar mentioned it in one of the newsletters)....