PDA

View Full Version : really simple

cold and faded anger
07-29-2005, 12:10 PM
this song is probably the easiest tool song to interpret and probably the only one i got right. the "watch the weather change" line is the weather is his feelings, so saying something to maynard will make him change his moods. the better question is WHAT to say to him...maybe it has to do something with Reflection or Triad, im not really sure.

fire engine
08-01-2005, 06:38 AM
I've always assumed that Maynard had a "Disposition" to get pissed pretty easily, no matter what you say to him. Therefore, mentioning anything at all will make his mood/the weather change.

Barren
08-29-2005, 07:35 PM
I think that Maynard sing's alot of songs from a different perspective.. maybe it's sung from the perspective of his brain... and when something is said to anyone, negative or positive, the brain can change your mood....

Barren
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Now that I also think about it... since it is supposed to tie into Reflection and Triad... it could be spoken from the perspective of an even higher power...

Pushit666
08-30-2005, 06:18 AM
I think that's about right. Since it follows the emotional high of Lateralus it's basically the softening-up. It's based on the cycles our emotional consciousness undergoes.

pluto
09-03-2005, 06:57 PM
do you ever have those moments where you stand outside yourself and think, "wow, this is my life, this is what i care about, this is all im getting upset about," kinda like out of body experiences. maybe this song is about watching yourself and just watching the changes of moods or atmosphere or thought, but not really feeling them, just watching them. to me, when i have moments like that, everything goes from built up and intense (lateralus) to calm and quiet, even if im not(disposition) to realizing that its only my ego making life chaotic (reflection)

Brandon Heat
09-09-2005, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=the better question is WHAT to say to him...maybe it has to do something with Reflection or Triad, im not really sure.[/QUOTE]

I think your explination is accuarate but what to say to him i think the song answers that with the only other line's "mention this to me, mention anything"