PDA

View Full Version : limited editions....

5th Eye
07-27-2005, 02:57 PM
This graphic has been posted at www.tooldiscography.com:
http://tool.assmagic.com/graphics/official/lateralus_lp.jpg

The price is extremely hard to read; it may be $19.98 or $39.98 or something; I just can't tell.

assailing eyes
07-27-2005, 03:05 PM
"LATERALUS VINYL INFORMATION
I've a bit of an update on the Lateralus vinyl. As it now stands, the release date is still slated for AUGUST 23rd. However, the plan is to make a certain number of pre-sale copies available exclusively on the Tool websites. Unfortunately, the exact date hasn't yet been determined, although I hope to be able to post this soon. In addition, there will be a very LIMITED EDITION of copies that are autographed by the band members. As I understand it, this will involve a special process so that the signatures (each record being individually signed) will be on the record, itself, as opposed to the album jacket. I would image that these limited edition holographic copies will cost more, but I don't yet have information about the exact price or number of copies that will be made available on the site. As soon as these details are worked out, I will let you know. " [see toolband]

totally want one :)

Ktuluvic
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
The picture they have up of the disc itself is from those ebay auctions that have been popping up lately. The picture of the back looks like a promo sheet or some kinda promo for the vinyl. It doesn't look like the real packaging. But the info is good, looks like 19.98 for a price to me. Seems about right too, most new vinyl costs $12-$15. I could see $40 for the autographed ones. I excited about this release. Lateralus vinyl seems like a good way to get the ball rolling for the new album and dvd.

Tertius Oculum
07-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Wow, lets all fucking make threads when it has already been posted in the stickied thread. Good one guys!

Chris_Brightwell
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Wow, lets all fucking make threads when it has already been posted in the stickied thread. Good one guys!
The sticky thread is to keep an updated list of news concerning the upcoming release(s). It's not for general chatter regarding the upcoming release(s).

Tertius Oculum
07-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, someone already posted it in there.

Tertius Oculum
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Wait wtf, I never posted in this thread. Wtf, hmm, 5th Eye wasn't who I was replying to... something is wrong here.

5th Eye
07-27-2005, 03:27 PM
They moved our posts from the sticky to here. Yeah, I was confused too.

assailing eyes
07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
something is VERY wrong here. i posted it in the sticky and then this a thread about it for general chat. however, things have changed apparantly.... but fair enough.

Tertius Oculum
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
It's not like we have a choice in the matter. It's done.

Ktuluvic
07-27-2005, 03:33 PM
It would seem we actually have a good mod among us, brightwell? First time I've actually seen good edition done on a board. Kept the sticky clean, and kept the posts around. Anyway, back to the vinyl. I can't wait to see the packaging...any ideas on what the holographic inserts will be?

Tertius Oculum
07-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Tinfoil to wrap "Satan" Potatoes in for grilling.

clone
07-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Blair giving straight Tool news again??? humm... something strange is happening here...

flipmojo
07-28-2005, 02:26 PM
The sticky was a great move. I usualy come on here and have to weed through a bunch of bullshit to to find out the latest news. Don't clutter up the sticky with bullshit!!

whalethesecond
07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
http://tool.assmagic.com/graphics/official/lateralus_a.jpg

A
The Grudge
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Ticks & Leeches

B
Lateralus
Reflection

this WILL be a double vinyl won't it? and i'm surprised they'd slice up Disposition/Reflection/Triad

Chris_Brightwell
07-29-2005, 12:15 AM
this WILL be a double vinyl won't it? This has been neither confirmed nor denied.

and i'm surprised they'd slice up Disposition/Reflection/TriadThis was one of the original hold-ups on the vinyl, if I remember correctly. At the same time, though, Triad was sort of tacked onto Disposition/Reflection. D/R was originally a single song, split into two, with Triad added afterward.

luketheduke06
07-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Umm all the songs will be on there. If you go to samgoody.com they have it there without art but WITH the price ($40) and with the tracklisting if you look in the upcoming releases.

http://www.samgoody.com/Music/Dcs.aspx?Explore=Coming+Soon&BrowseTypeA=Browse+By+Artist&ArtistKeyGroup=P-T&Artist=Tool+-1-%7cTool

luketheduke06
07-29-2005, 07:43 AM
(edited)