PDA

View Full Version : mescalin

mike tyson
07-23-2005, 10:53 AM
I haven't posted in these parts a long long time but last night I was reading Aldous Huxley's The Doors of Perception and a lot of the stuff in there made sense to what Reflection is talking about. The book is about Huxley's experience with the rare and powerful hallucinogenic drug mescalin (which is the active thing found in the drug peyote) and a lot of what he was saying related to the lyrics of the song. Hardly a theory, but perhaps a contributor.

TheNothingSong
08-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Can you find some quotes from the doors to perception that show this? i have read it too, but i can't remember seeing a link from the book to reflection. although the book is great, he describes his experiences very well.

- my friend has this set of drawings he printed off the net done by an artist throughout different stages of an acid trip (which from what i understand is similar to mescalin.. or maybe the synthetic version??) each drawing is of the docter watching him throughout the trip. the one at the climax is just amazing. I will try get the link tonight to post on here, or maybe someone else has it. it's just so beautiful.