PDA

View Full Version : my meaning

pathological2
07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Maynard lost a part of himself/disconnected from his true self at the age of eleven. Maybe when he lost his mother, I don't really know. Due to the pain from the loss, this part of him went deep inside. Eleven is still inside him. He's trying to reconnect to this part of himself (Jimmy) and "both go on together". Eleven is still true and innocent. He is not damaged or tainted yet. He is pure. Maynard is going to become one with himself again. He's wide awake and heading home.

lateralus freak
07-30-2005, 08:49 PM
cool, i never thought of it like that

eon_yellow_apocalypse
08-10-2005, 02:21 AM
he didnt loose his mother...shez still alive...
so it has 2 b sumthing else..

pathological2
08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I recently learned that his mother died a few years ago. That being the case does not change my interpretation. The "she" in the song could be anyone. I still think that describes some tragic event that happened when Maynard was eleven.

ThIrdEyeCarrots46
10-08-2005, 07:04 PM
thats a cool point of view...

marshall888
10-12-2005, 10:51 PM
I totally agree with you, Pathological. (except for the mother bit)
I think it's about him trying to sort out some painful repressed memories from when he was eleven.

"What was it like to see
the face of your own stability
suddenly look away
leaving you with the and hopeless?
Eleven and she was gone.
Eleven is when we waved good-bye."

With this part, I can understand how you might think it was his mother. The big question is: Who else could be "the face of your own stability"?

Ideas?
I'm thinking he had a really close friend he confided in who met some tragic end. But how literally should we take "look away" and "waved goodbye". This makes it sound like the seperation was voluntary on her part.