PDA

View Full Version : my meaning

pathological2
07-21-2005, 01:38 PM
My meaning is very simple:
I have died, I will die............... It's my own death (not literally though).

pathological2
07-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Here's my "line by line" interpretation of how I relate it to ME:

"He had a lot to say
He had a lot of nothing to say
We'll miss him, we'll miss him
We are gonna miss him
We are gonna miss him"
-I relate this to the poetry I write. The voice in my head is saying how I had alot of nothing to write/say. We'll miss him is the sarcastic part. Really, we're glad to see him go. The shit I write is pointless and worth nothing.

"So long, we wish you well
Told us how you weren't afraid to die
Well, so long
Don't cry or feel too down
Not all martyrs see divinity
But at least you tried"
-We wish you well, again sarcasm. I always have said I'm not afraid to die. So the voice says, "Well, so long!". It's also telling me not to beat up myself for this, just to accept it. I am a martyr, I am dieing for this "bull shit" cause and thought it would somehow be of help to others, but it's not. I tried in vain. I am dying in vain. But I deserve it and it has to be this way cause I'm worthless/useless. The shit I write is garbage.

"Ranting and pointing his finger at everything but his heart
We'll miss him.."
-In my writing, I have every reason for feeling the way I feel and do the things I do. It's all because of the monster inside or something that happened, etc. But THE REAL REASON IS BECAUSE I HAVE A WEAK HEART. That's why this is happening and that's why I must die. I point my finger at everything else but that. This is the truth that will drag me under!

"He had no way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
He was so loud
You sure could yell
Took a stand on every little thing
And so loud"
-Now, this is about the other part of me. While I was winning, while I was the victor. But now I have no way to recall what my true self told me and I don't care. That was based on the lie that I am worth something, that my writing is useful in some way. But when I was the victor, that voice was so loud. I took a stand on every little thing; I was strong and the devil inside had no power. My true self's voice was so fucking loud. Now it's soft compared to it's nemesis.

"Standing above the crowd
He had a voice that was strong and loud
Swallowed his facade cause I'm so eager to identify with
Someone above the ground
Someone who seems to feel the same
Someone prepared to lead the way
Someone who would die for me"
-Maynard is standing on the stage. His voice is strong and loud. He's eager (as I am) to identify with someone above the ground (someone who's not dead, any living person) who feels like him. They will show him the way and would die for him. You will die for someone if they are like your family. I consider this to be someone I am connected to. When I'm feeling alone I feel like I am connected with no one; that I'm different from everyone. Therefore, not a soul would die for me.

"Will you, will you now
Would you die for me
Don't you fucking lie"
-I'm asking someone/anyone if they'd die for me. (do they really feel like me)

"Don't you step out of line
Don't you step out of line
Don't you step out of line
Don't you fucking lie"
-This part is really fucking deep. I'M TELLING ANOTHER PERSON "DON'T YOU FUCKING LIE" AND THEN THE VOICE IN MY HEAD IS TELLING ME "DON'T YOU STEP OUT OF LINE". THEN I'M TELLING THE VOICE IN MY HEAD "DON'T YOU FUCKING LIE!" So there are three characters in that verse.

"You claimed all this time that you would die for me
Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own eulogy?
He had alot to say, he had alot of nothing to say.."
-I have said all along that I am not afraid to die; that I would die for this cause. So why am I shocked to actually hear my own eulogy, which is "Michael - you had alot of nothing to say, your shit is wack, etc."

"Come down, get off your fucking cross
We need the fucking space to nail the next fool martyr"
-Come on Michael, time to get off your cross, that is, time to stop suffering in vain. Time to die. The devil will move on to his next target. The next fool who will fall for his tricks. The next fool who will raise his glory.

"To ascend you must die
You must be crucified
For our sins and our lies
Goodbye!"
-This is the devastating truth. To get past this/out of this I must die. There is no other option. My sins and lies are too great. I have crossed the point of no return. I'm fucked-up beyond repair. I cannot live inside of Michael anymore. The monster inside tells me "Goodbye!"

Deep fucking song.

LabRat404
07-29-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble following your interpretation...

when I write poetry, I sometimes get irritated that I can't find a way to write what I'm thinking...more or less, I have no way to say it -- a lot of nothing o say.

other than that...yeah. I'll have to read this on a night that I haven't been drinking :-)

lateralus freak
07-29-2005, 08:53 PM
patological2 dude, i agree, its a great interpretation