PDA

View Full Version : Live Stinkfist

wwwanggg
07-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Have you heard this live? It's fucking awesome how they arrange it differently and the beginning instrumental comes back right before the climactic "I'll KEEP DIGGING"

Yeah.

Chris_Brightwell
07-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Have you heard this live?
Nine times and at least five different ways.

I get really weird looks when I lipsync that "new" verse. Heh.

Stratos
07-19-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm currently addicted to the live version of this song mostly because of the way Maynard sings the word 'alive.' ha

They seem to really like this song as well since they play it at every show.

triad636
07-28-2005, 07:49 AM
the song live is truly amazing.. the break up between "if i really dont feel anything at all" and "Ill keep digging" when i first saw this (bootleg from torrent spy) i was blown away and those elvis lyrics fit into the song quite well... these guys are genious when it comes to their live show, i hope i get to see it live on the next album tour.. the thing that is absolutely striking about this song tho is when they use the sample from the intro... very orgasmic :)

0ne /V\ind
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
i got a clip of stinkfist in New York. The part where it builds up and the huge guitar solo riff kicks in, maynard stomps in sync to the music its amazing. Such a little guy with a huge voice.

ohgoodbe
08-23-2005, 04:42 AM
i got a clip of stinkfist in New York. The part where it builds up and the huge guitar solo riff kicks in, maynard stomps in sync to the music its amazing. Such a little guy with a huge voice.

Do you have a link to the clip? or a zipped file you can send me?
thanks,

ARMZ
10-22-2005, 09:15 PM
What does Maynard say during that bit instead of the manchu pichu suck my cock shit?

(something running through my mind.............)

sounds sweet as

I've got the Melbourne Rod laver arena version, it's not the best quality compared to other stuff.

aeon78
10-22-2005, 10:14 PM
You can listen to a live version at http://www.distortiononline.com/

moneyisevil
10-23-2005, 11:13 AM
brilliant to see live, brilliant to have on a cd (love my bootlegs)

moneyisevil
10-23-2005, 11:14 AM
What does Maynard say during that bit instead of the manchu pichu suck my cock shit?

(something running through my mind.............)

sounds sweet as

I've got the Melbourne Rod laver arena version, it's not the best quality compared to other stuff.

white lines running through my mind

ARMZ
10-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Hmmm cool thanks mate, I thought it may have been white lies or something anyway......wasn't there a bit more as well? I haven't heard it in awhile.

What will I find?.....??

moneyisevil
10-23-2005, 02:17 PM
i know theres a couple versions

1. white lines running through my miiiinnnnnddddddd
2. Caught in a trap I can't walk out/Because I love you toooo much babbbbyyyyy/Why can't you see what you're doing to me?/I love you tooo much babbbbbyyyyy

im sure there are more those are the ones i rember off that top of the dome

Chris_Brightwell
10-23-2005, 06:33 PM
i know theres a couple versions
1. Album
2. Pre-Aenima
3. Extended w/ no verse
4. Extended w/ "White lines ... "
5. Extended w/ Elvis lyrics
6. Extended w/ White/Elvis hybrid

I think that's all of them. There may be a few variations in the pre-Aenima performances, but they all sound more or less the same.

Hodge
12-18-2005, 04:28 PM
i love the way he sings in the pre-aenima at the "something....." part
i wish i knew what he said

endokrin
12-19-2005, 11:12 AM
i love the way he sings in the pre-aenima at the "something....." part
i wish i knew what he said

On the pre-aenima version, Maynard's voice seems a little nasaly, like stuffed-up.

l David l
01-14-2006, 08:05 PM
i love the live version. ive heard/seen it from the radio city bootleg, and another audio bootleg. too bad there isnt a stinkfist live on cd like salival. id love a high quality version of this. on the radio city video, the chorus parts (its not enough....) doesnt sound all that great in terms of vocals. i love the change in vocals from the mic pica pichu (or whatever it is) and the other insert before it comes back in with ill keep digging

Heyou13
01-22-2006, 03:15 PM
lol yeah i saw a live version from new york...it sounds awesome live

nthistogether
01-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Huh, I've never heard the White Lines version. I'll have to look for it now, that song's awesome.

I love how EVERY time they do this song live, the crowd goes "I'LL KEEP DIGGING TI....uh oh." I wonder if that was the reason they changed it, they knew the croud would drown out Maynard.

moneyisevil
01-23-2006, 01:13 PM
ive heard/seen one version of the pre-aenima from a bootleg of new years eve 95 is that one ur talking about chris? it isnt much different if at all from the aenima album version

K1DA
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Huh, I've never heard the White Lines version. I'll have to look for it now, that song's awesome.

I love how EVERY time they do this song live, the crowd goes "I'LL KEEP DIGGING TI....uh oh." I wonder if that was the reason they changed it, they knew the croud would drown out Maynard.

I think you could be right about drowning maynard out having something to do with the change. the same way he delays the opening lines of the pot on the latest tour.