PDA

View Full Version : True meaning....

likwidkid
11-20-2002, 08:55 PM
I have growen into this song over a years time.... To me it has many different meanings.... so many differnt ways to look at it.

I read this somewhere... can't remember where, but suposedly its from the creator...

"If you look at the cycles of the moon, it starts as a thin crescent and then gradually
waxes and becomes full; then it gradually wanes back into another crescent and then is
gone. The moon reflects sunlight like humans reflect information. We wax and wane and
when we become full moons, our ego's are full. We think we have this knowledge when in
fact, the information we have is pure, and it reflects or shines off us, and it is
somthing we take credit for as though the moon could take credit for the light it reflects
from the sun. We have to understand that we are ego-less just as the moon is without light.
It and we are simply reflectors. You, or the ego is not responsable for the information."
MJK

Gives the song a whole new meaniing.....
I'm curious on other peoples opinions, please post...

spook
11-20-2002, 09:07 PM
if anyone would know about a "Full moon ego " it would be mjk.

equinox
11-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I love that quote. As with a lot of things, I find the first time I hear something like that I get very inspired as it sends my thoughts rolling.

But after a while, I'll come back to it and find that I had previously seen it in a very limited light.

I get the feeling that information like this quote actually can spark something that, after a period of absorption and distillation, will help in more ways than one.

From reading Jung (along with some coaxed personal effort), I've found that we project so much of our selves onto the world around us. We form many beliefs and opinions, and then let them tint our windshields. It seems we would be able to see a lot clearer if that haze was out of the way. Maybe we'd see things for what THEY really are...rather what WE really are.

I feel that quote has contributed to a vast chain of cause and effect. One that spews forth, at least in some way, a greater understanding of life in general.

But what's really confusing is the possibility that everything that I'm saying is complete bull-shit, that these words have all been misconceptions projected by my own ignorance.

Who knows? You?

ragna16
11-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Ignorance doesn't project, it only keeps one from understanding something. Your projection is based on what you know, or think you know.

asphexict
11-25-2002, 09:37 AM
i have to diagree that ignorance doesn't project, this coming from what ignorance i have projected into my life and people's surrounding. due to my ignorance of patience or whatever. everybody inevitably fucks up from time to time, right? i just see everything as connected in itself so everything in itself is effected by what it does.everything in between.
i like that quote and this site is the one the best things i could percieve being on the net. it's good to find people communicating a little more intellectually. making each other think, reflecting on one another.
suppose you could think everything is an essence of reflection.
thanks to the people responsible for putting all of this here.

Machine
12-02-2002, 01:57 PM
I think that what you have is from an interveiw MJk did with a guy named Cris Decarlo ( see inteveiw section ) . But yes , this song is to this album what 3rd eye was to the last one . Its the closeing chapter not only in order but in meaning and message .Its also one of the most enlightening works Iv ever read . I didnt get into Tool till last Jan and didnt like what I heard . Then a freind of mine who knew I was in a hard place gave me this album and opened my eyes .This song also proves that MJK is not anti God at all but is more aware and open then most "true belivers "