PDA

View Full Version : Call my bluff...

Dr. Jake Destructo
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
***-**--*-- = original symbol
Take the first 6 characters, because generally in a date there are 6 characters, for example (09/25/05)

There are 5 stars altogether, each with 5 points.
The first 3 stars, if multiplied by their points (3 x 5) would be 15.
The second set of stars, then multiplied by their points (2 x 5) would be 10.
This adds up to the 25th, the day of the last quarters of the moon, but Sundays are generally not days for a CD to be released.
Therefore the line, which is one by one persay, would simply be 1 and when added to the others would be 26, Monday.

--*--
The second 5 characters are the month.
Once again the star rule applies, 1 star multiplied by its 5 points would be 5.
When added to the four lines, this makes the ninth month, September, whose day the 25th is the last quarter of the moon.

Blair also affirmed this date, and added he could not make the information obvious at all to his fans, therefore he made it almost impossible, especially by putting the day before the month.

this is ****ing nutttttttttts, and it seems so legit. the relase date is supposed to be sept 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING AND ALL TOOL FANS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how new this is, but I thought I'd post it nonetheless. A guy I know got this from Blair through email, so beleive it or not, I don't really care. I just think it's pretty amazing that Blair actaully put something in his updates that isn't total BS. :p Oh, and sorry if this has already been posted, but yeah, feel free to bitch at me if it has.

If it has not, well then that's better for the both of us.

Frances
07-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Post Blair's reply or something.

Tyro
07-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I'll believe it when I hold my copy in September.

Dr. Jake Destructo
07-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I've become quite skeptic by now, but this is something I can really beleive.

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
07-11-2005, 05:19 PM
But the questions remain:
a) why would blair tell him that, knowing it would leak
b) what if blair is just fucking with your friend

Don't get me wrong, this is a lot more believable than anything else in this section besides vinyl lateralus, but if b were true, that'd be fucking funny. We'll just have to wait and see...

Dr. Jake Destructo
07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure. I think he intended for me to tell someone, otherwise he wouldn't have said anything. i mean come on, did he really expect someone to keep a secret that big? I think it was a bit pre planned on Blair's part.

That explains your first question

And number two...I have nothing other than common sense. This took a lot of thought and time to concieve, and to me, I think it would be too much work to come up with something this intelligent just to lead people in the wrong direction.

Oh, and if it did turn out that Blair was messing with me/us, I think I would seriously look into hiring a hitman to castrate and/or kill Blair.

Bogart
07-11-2005, 07:51 PM
its so sweet all of this new material is getting ready to come out soon (hopefully) a lateralus vinyl with possible artwork, a dvd(hopefully) and a new album. i cant wait

wwwanggg
07-11-2005, 07:54 PM
this fall is gonna rock

Grudge76
07-11-2005, 08:13 PM
This sounds like THE MOST sensible thing ive heard yet in relation to a release date

its a logical date too, considering the "fall tour" plans that have been mentioned, along with the studio > production > instore time that comes with recording an album.

remember the fun they had screwing around with Lateralus titles though back in 01.... they enjoy fucking with us, and giving us something to talk about.

Whatever... its clearly going to be the most amazing collection of music ever released, so i say give em as much time as they want.

el rancho ovulate
07-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Aren't albums usually released on Tuesdays?

Tyro
07-11-2005, 08:32 PM
El Rancho, YAY!

Divine_left
07-11-2005, 09:17 PM
You are a complete moron.

1) CD's do not get released on Sundays. They are released on Tuesdays (or Mondays in the UK)

2) This adds up to the 25th, the day of the last quarters of the moon The quarters of the moon not only fall on different days each month, but it has nothing at all to do with a CD release.

3) How can you completely ignore the dashes in the first 5 characters and then add the dashes in the second 5.

4) Why 5? Why not split them into a group of 6 and a group of 4...or 7 and 3...

5) Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the original email have this symbol -> ●, not an asterisk. If so, the entire theory is bullshit.

Actually, it's complete bullshit anyway.

Thanks for the laugh though.

people_do_like_me
07-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I totally agree with you and I thought this theory was dumb anyways.

ATObassist
07-11-2005, 11:35 PM
i would take this with a big grain of salt. with teh above mentioned statement the original post had dots, not an asterick (however the fuck its spelled.) also, i'm sure blair jsut read the email and thought, wow tahts clever, im not just gonna smash this kid to shit, i'll jsut nod my head and smile and watch the rumors flourish.

Fortunate Son
07-12-2005, 01:03 AM

Six points.

48&2
07-12-2005, 04:18 AM
Lizaroidem - November 7

Estevan
07-12-2005, 06:26 AM
Oh, and sorry if this has already been posted, but yeah, feel free to bitch at me if it has. I don't need permission to bitch at you, so here goes:

16 year olds are morons.

Tyro
07-12-2005, 06:41 AM
I don't need permission to bitch at you, so here goes:

16 year olds are morons.

Wow, you can judge all 16 year olds by, not the real world, but by the bait biters here on TDN. Fuck you.

kyyuulle
07-12-2005, 06:52 AM

Six points.
hahaha.

Dirty Sanchez
07-12-2005, 07:21 AM
There is no release date yet, they haven't even finished recording.

/Parallelus/Reflectionis/
07-12-2005, 09:41 AM

16 year olds are morons.

yeah right.

Mr.-O-49.

So what's you're real age , so we can know when you were a moron too ?

07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
and hey !

that date is fine to me, it's near my birthday :)
Let's just say its a cool date to beleive in, if it even mean something.

assailing eyes
07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
19th September.

awaking
07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
hahaha.
seriously, it's a fucking asterisk, stop over analyzing everything, have patience, tool bags.

maybe you can try putting it backwards in morse code

waffel
07-12-2005, 10:35 AM

Six points.

Very good, however:

Stars have 5 points, not 6. You're nitpicking a symbol used to represent a star, not the actual message. How else do you expect them to actually SHOW a star?

Hogpile
07-12-2005, 10:39 AM
You are a complete moron.

1) CD's do not get released on Sundays. They are released on Tuesdays (or Mondays in the UK)

2) This adds up to the 25th, the day of the last quarters of the moon The quarters of the moon not only fall on different days each month, but it has nothing at all to do with a CD release.

3) How can you completely ignore the dashes in the first 5 characters and then add the dashes in the second 5.

4) Why 5? Why not split them into a group of 6 and a group of 4...or 7 and 3...

5) Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the original email have this symbol -> ●, not an asterisk. If so, the entire theory is bullshit.

Actually, it's complete bullshit anyway.

Thanks for the laugh though.

If I was a computer/math nerd, I'd say pwned after reading this.

wwwanggg
07-12-2005, 10:47 AM
pwned

Divine_left
07-12-2005, 10:56 AM
pwned

nerd

Divine_left
07-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Very good, however:

Stars have 5 points, not 6. You're nitpicking a symbol used to represent a star, not the actual message. How else do you expect them to actually SHOW a star?

You make me laugh, whether you're trying to or not.

waffel
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload1/i_own_you.jpg

GregoryWohlwend
07-12-2005, 11:07 AM
YOU'RE BLUFFING!

Divine_left
07-12-2005, 11:21 AM
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload1/i_own_you.jpg

Profound.

Oh wait, no it isn't.

BurntBridgeToll
07-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Something tells me this is what they want us to do. Drawing so many conclusions to just some dots and dashes...

I like the one Dr. Jake Destructo has shared. It'll be fun to see which of the theories that have come up turn out true, if any of them ever do.

After reading Blair's message again, I can see how it can be kind of worded differently. ***-**--*-- Could be some random name they used for the recording process.

Odibilėph
07-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Something tells me this is what they want us to do. Drawing so many conclusions to just some dots and dashes...
The 318,913,497th time that's been said.

BurntBridgeToll
07-12-2005, 11:37 AM
The 318,913,497th time that's been said.

I didn't mean it like everyone else has said, "OMGz! They R leik, laughing there asses off!!!1"

I mean maybe there pleased people come up with intelligent conclusions to clues like this, as most do with the lyrics.

ATARI
07-12-2005, 12:01 PM
It was probably blair tippy-tanking

waffel
07-12-2005, 12:41 PM
it's not a star, it's an asterisk.

Wow holy shit, did you even read the post you quoted? I said "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO USE TO SHOW STARS" meaning, THE FONT THEY USE ON THE SITE PROBABLY DOESNT HAVE A STAR SYMBOL.

logic.com

Dirty Sanchez
07-12-2005, 12:49 PM
What makes you so sure it's supposed to be a star, logic boy?

waffel
07-12-2005, 12:57 PM
What makes you so sure it's supposed to be a star, logic boy?

Because obviously this is a real email from blair (who, I might add, never lies) and in the e-mail he called it a star.

Dirty Sanchez
07-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Because obviously this is a real email from blair

Obviously.

waffel
07-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Obviously.

Finally you've seen the light.

Bill_Hix
07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Yellotrumus- September 19

Fuck man, too bad 9-11 is on a Sunday. Talk about envelope pushing.

Bill_Hix
07-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Finally you've seen the light.

Sanchez could own you any day, you don't the right to talk to him like that.

waffel
07-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Sanchez could own you any day, you don't the right to talk to him like that.

Get older noob.

Divine_left
07-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow holy shit, did you even read the post you quoted? I said "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO USE TO SHOW STARS" meaning, THE FONT THEY USE ON THE SITE PROBABLY DOESNT HAVE A STAR SYMBOL.

logic.com

They were dots, not asterisks. Although, dots do look more like actual stars, which, if I may remind you, are spherical and have no points at all (except for maybe the occasional solar flare...but that's a whole new can of worms). So, maybe, what Blair is trying to tell us is that, since there are 0 points, there must be no release date...because every theory that masquerades as a shred of real evidence was a product of and has extended no further than this website.

dare I say, stfu n00b?

UtUmNo1
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Refractionoid on 25 Oct.

waffel
07-12-2005, 03:44 PM
They were dots, not asterisks. Although, dots do look more like actual stars, which, if I may remind you, are spherical and have no points at all (except for maybe the occasional solar flare...but that's a whole new can of worms). So, maybe, what Blair is trying to tell us is that, since there are 0 points, there must be no release date...because every theory that masquerades as a shred of real evidence was a product of and has extended no further than this website.

dare I say, stfu n00b?

I dont believe the rumor anyway, so LOL AT YOU!

Dirty Sanchez
07-12-2005, 05:35 PM

OMG PWNED!!!!11

Lackymacky
07-12-2005, 05:50 PM
. This took a lot of thought and time to concieve, and to me, I think it would be too much work to come up with something this intelligent just to lead people in the wrong direction.

yeah, i wouldnt be too suprised, when schema and i pranked the kid about the new tool info, it took us all but 10-15 minutes to create all these elaborate words and num,bers with a tiny connection to spell out NEW TOOL ALBUM AUGUST 23rd...

beleive me, if youre in the mood, or you dont even have to be, but if you wanted to prank someone with this type of information its not too hard to conceive/concieve. you pick

PsychoX_02568
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
So my uncle was fucking me in the ass and he was in vietnam. And I was reading the forum and he was like "Hey they sure do say the word noob alot." and he pronounced noob as nub. And I said "the only nub around here is you Uncle Fred." We both laughed really hard... and then he fucked me with his blown off arms...

I was thinking maybe instead of saying noob, we say nub from now on. What do ya all think?

Why's everyone so quiet all of a sudden?....

Oh I gotcha... this should have gone under polls.

UtUmNo1
07-12-2005, 06:32 PM
OMG How funny!

Cock.

muloc
07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
so you are where you were to begin with. drink some orange juice.

Divine_left
07-12-2005, 09:17 PM

You're 22 and say LOL.

No matter what comes from this point on, I will make light of that fact. And I will be the better person because of it.

(* incaseyourethatdense)

Divine_left
07-12-2005, 09:18 PM
So my uncle was fucking me in the ass and he was in vietnam. And I was reading the forum and he was like "Hey they sure do say the word noob alot." and he pronounced noob as nub. And I said "the only nub around here is you Uncle Fred." We both laughed really hard... and then he fucked me with his blown off arms...

Wow. He was in Vietnam and you're on Martha's Vineyard.

...That's what I call well hung!

mosquito
07-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Stittett is the new album's name. Or the DVD.

07-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Stittett is the new album's name. Or the DVD.

yhew...

I really hope not

Goldfoot
07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Very good, however:

Yeah, stars dont have six points....
http://www.thecreativenut.co.uk/acatalog/152.jpg

logic.com

Considering the site uses dots, it would be assumed its morse code, which doesnt use stars. If they wanted to use stars, he could havfe used asterisks.

Odibilėph
07-13-2005, 12:08 PM
You're 22 and say LOL.
It's just possible that he might have been joking.

Divine_left
07-13-2005, 12:11 PM
It's just possible that he might have been joking.

It's also possible that you have a low perception of sarcasm.

smirk
07-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Not to be Captian Obvious or anything but, as someone else pointed out, if they are still recording all this release date bullshit is just that, bullshit.

waffel
07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
You're 22 and say LOL.

No matter what comes from this point on, I will make light of that fact. And I will be the better person because of it.

(* incaseyourethatdense)

LOL! "I'm a better person because of a post on an internet forum!"

YOU FUCKING ROCK SO HARD!

waffel
07-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, stars dont have six points....
http://www.thecreativenut.co.uk/acatalog/152.jpg

Considering the site uses dots, it would be assumed its morse code, which doesnt use stars. If they wanted to use stars, he could havfe used asterisks.

I made this thread 10x more interesting.

AloneOnceAgain97
07-14-2005, 10:08 AM

16 year olds are morons.
OK, off topic here, but I couldn't resist this one.

Here goes:

YOU'RE a moron. You run around using peoples' age (especially those who are 16 for some reason) to try to degrade them. I would recommend you look up some studies on the intellectual abilities of young adults. Expand your horizons, you old fuckin' fart.

Divine_left
07-14-2005, 12:21 PM
OK, off topic here, but I couldn't resist this one.

Here goes:

YOU'RE a moron. You run around using peoples' age (especially those who are 16 for some reason) to try to degrade them. I would recommend you look up some studies on the intellectual abilities of young adults. Expand your horizons, you old fuckin' fart.

First off, be prepared for a stfu noob. You won't get one from me, but you'll get one...

Second, not all...but most.

Divine_left
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
LOL! "I'm a better person because of a post on an internet forum!"

YOU FUCKING ROCK SO HARD!

You're funny.

AloneOnceAgain97
07-14-2005, 07:31 PM
First off, be prepared for a stfu noob. You won't get one from me, but you'll get one...

Second, not all...but most.

I hardly find internet insults to be something to concern myself with (j00 d0|\|7 |_||\|d3r574|\|d, "n00b" 1|\| 4|\|d 0f 1753lf 15 |\|00|31$|-|). haha.

Stephen
07-18-2005, 03:26 AM
Brian: Can I buy some pot from you?