PDA

View Full Version : Maybe there's a reason Bliar is the toolband.com man...and more

Wave.Existance.Tears
07-08-2005, 08:14 PM
"SUBJECT: QUESTION

“I know that you probably get this all the time but is Tool coming out with a new CD some time?..”"
-
"YES … but for various reasons the album is being recorded in relative secrecy… I would say even more so than past recording sessions and related TOOL projects. Since this is the band’s decision and, ultimately, they are the ones in charge of the website (as well as being some of my closest friends), I am not going to betray their trust (although I can’t resist hiding a few things amid seemingly unrelated posts), even though I am painfully… painfully... painfully aware that there are some Tool enthusiasts out there who seem to need this info, not unlike some junkies need a heroin fix. That said, when members of the band and/or their manager decide to release certain details pertaining to the recording process ••• – •• – – • – – , as well as any projected time-tables, etc., it will most certainly be posted on the band’s official website. To think otherwise is, quite frankly, absurd! This could be tomorrow, or two days from now, or in a couple of weeks or even a month from now. At this stage, I honestly don’t know. But what I do know is that the members of the band are working hard and, as the saying goes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope this answers your question."
-Bliar

Note first of all, that Bliar is a close friend of the Tool members, so maybe we should respect him...? A little? Nah. Then read the thing how its being recorded as a wonderfully clandestine operation! We might be in for the ride/album of our lives, knowing Tool...or maybe its overhyped by the man (I doubt, but I have no clue what they could do next. This is a good sign I think, what Blair said...even though I should keep the grain of salt in mind) Then the herion-addict metaphor, perfect LOL. What kind of emails do people send him usually (besides "You fuckin suck! ones)?! Note the morse code right after this, someone should translate it, as I must sleep after this (I'm tired) At the end, he starts being a cryptic ass again.

There must be a reason Tool picked him out of all their unrelated-to-the-band friends to run their official site! >.< I can't figure it out. Or maybe they just wanted to piss us off, those dicks :P Thats misleading and cruel to both us and Bliar (like they give a shit) Maybe its b/c they know that he represents the community ironically, being a psuedointellectual! ROFL.

Bogart
07-08-2005, 08:19 PM
in 8 days we will know when the dvd comes

LP|Stang
07-08-2005, 08:20 PM
1 more day than a week! Far out!

bluefire
07-08-2005, 08:32 PM
yeah theres a reason, he gives good head.

triad636
07-08-2005, 08:39 PM
when members of the band and/or their manager decide to release certain details pertaining to the recording process ••• – •• – – • – – , as well as any projected time-tables, etc., it will most certainly be posted on the band’s official website.

i want to know what it is!! :(

Fortunate Son
07-08-2005, 08:43 PM
The "Bliar" thing is hella stupid.

Spongebob
07-08-2005, 08:47 PM
you just wish you thought of it.

triad636
07-08-2005, 09:09 PM
pwn?

thirdseason17
07-08-2005, 09:17 PM
"SUBJECT: QUESTION

“I know that you probably get this all the time but is Tool coming out with a new CD some time?..”"
-
"YES … but for various reasons the album is being recorded in relative secrecy… I would say even more so than past recording sessions and related TOOL projects. Since this is the band’s decision and, ultimately, they are the ones in charge of the website (as well as being some of my closest friends), I am not going to betray their trust (although I can’t resist hiding a few things amid seemingly unrelated posts), even though I am painfully… painfully... painfully aware that there are some Tool enthusiasts out there who seem to need this info, not unlike some junkies need a heroin fix. That said, when members of the band and/or their manager decide to release certain details pertaining to the recording process ••• – •• – – • – – , as well as any projected time-tables, etc., it will most certainly be posted on the band’s official website. To think otherwise is, quite frankly, absurd! This could be tomorrow, or two days from now, or in a couple of weeks or even a month from now. At this stage, I honestly don’t know. But what I do know is that the members of the band are working hard and, as the saying goes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope this answers your question."
-Bliar

Note first of all, that Bliar is a close friend of the Tool members, so maybe we should respect him...? A little? Nah. Then read the thing how its being recorded as a wonderfully clandestine operation! We might be in for the ride/album of our lives, knowing Tool...or maybe its overhyped by the man (I doubt, but I have no clue what they could do next. This is a good sign I think, what Blair said...even though I should keep the grain of salt in mind) Then the herion-addict metaphor, perfect LOL. What kind of emails do people send him usually (besides "You fuckin suck! ones)?! Note the morse code right after this, someone should translate it, as I must sleep after this (I'm tired) At the end, he starts being a cryptic ass again.

There must be a reason Tool picked him out of all their unrelated-to-the-band friends to run their official site! >.< I can't figure it out. Or maybe they just wanted to piss us off, those dicks :P Thats misleading and cruel to both us and Bliar (like they give a shit) Maybe its b/c they know that he represents the community ironically, being a psuedointellectual! ROFL.

LOL OMG shut the fuck up.

ARMZ
07-08-2005, 10:56 PM
LOL OMG shut the fuck up.
We know puberty is tough and acne can almost make you suicidal but surely someone can have an opinion or theory.

You go now.

thirdseason17
07-08-2005, 11:08 PM
We know puberty is tough and acne can almost make you suicidal but surely someone can have an opinion or theory.

You go now.

Yes, let's accept all theories and opinions. Who cares if they're stupid. I could spend my time telling him why he's wrong, and point out his critical flaws, but it's so much easier to just say "Shut the fuck up".

cornerstone
07-08-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm prepared to fully support such a theory.

Edit: especially the scrotum of the theory.

Misanthrope
07-08-2005, 11:55 PM
http://inter.scoutnet.org/cgi-bin/txt2morse?text=stimem%0D%0A

cornerstone
07-08-2005, 11:57 PM
I hope this doesn't get me banned.

http://inter.scoutnet.org/cgi-bin/txt2morse?text=http://tubgirl.com%0D%0A

Misanthrope
07-09-2005, 12:02 AM
.-.. --- .-..

the mechanic
07-09-2005, 12:04 AM

You go now.
haha, shut up. you're the guy who's obsessed with teleincision and believes that we'll see it in a month.

i support MLOR's theory.

muloc
07-09-2005, 06:43 AM
blair runs the toolband site because he is a tool... just like the members of the band, as individuals, and just like us too.

look at it. he is in his own state just as the band members are. he represents what the band is about by himself, not because they told him too. blair sucks just like tool sucks. blair is great, just like tool is great. tool's are both good and bad. what other band site has a 'psuedo intellectual' guy writing whatever he chooses related or unrelated to the band. unique! he is one of that group. he's made it his own thing. its like walking into a musty bookshop and wandering off with your mind when you look at it, even if you dont like what your reading, just being in the aesthetic of the bookshop is nice. it is apart of the tool legend. when they are gone, (tool - BLASPHEMY- sorry), blair will be one of those things that i think people will find themselves missing.

fine line between hate and love.

*steps off holier than thou horse*

Alveolate
07-09-2005, 07:12 AM
••• – •• – – • – – = ghey

5th Eye
07-09-2005, 07:33 AM
...-..--.-- is Russian morse code for "overanalyzation".

Wave.Existance.Tears
07-09-2005, 07:48 AM
blair runs the toolband site because he is a tool... just like the members of the band, as individuals, and just like us too.

look at it. he is in his own state just as the band members are. he represents what the band is about by himself, not because they told him too. blair sucks just like tool sucks. blair is great, just like tool is great. tool's are both good and bad. what other band site has a 'psuedo intellectual' guy writing whatever he chooses related or unrelated to the band. unique! he is one of that group. he's made it his own thing. its like walking into a musty bookshop and wandering off with your mind when you look at it, even if you dont like what your reading, just being in the aesthetic of the bookshop is nice. it is apart of the tool legend. when they are gone, (tool - BLASPHEMY- sorry), blair will be one of those things that i think people will find themselves missing.

Actually, he has a point. Most other official sites for music groups have no character. We should be grateful for Blair (I feel like an idiot)! >.>
Yeha, check out the other sites for bands you enjoy, tell me if they are anything like toolband.com for better or worse.

GO BLAIR!

The morse code is annoying and misleading though...

Perseensilmä
07-09-2005, 07:51 AM

Shut up Blair. No-one is going to like you, no matter how much you are trying to explain your actions and trying to make yourself look mystic, legend and unique. No, you are just a ***. That's what you are.

ARMZ
07-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Yes, let's accept all theories and opinions. Who cares if they're stupid. I could spend my time telling him why he's wrong, and point out his critical flaws, but it's so much easier to just say "Shut the fuck up".
I know it's easy for you to say SHUT THE FUCK UP! anything else would be just too hard. Point out his flaws and errors but while you are doing that, list your own as well.

my theory is: stfu ARMZ.
Great theory! it almost beats thirdseason17's reasoning.

haha, shut up. you're the guy who's obsessed with teleincision and believes that we'll see it in a month.

i support MLOR's theory.
Yes I do believe in Teleincision, that is my choice even if it seems stupid to you. If I'm wrong then so be it, it's no sweat off my balls and life will go on.

Wave.Existance.Tears
07-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Is muloc really Blair?! The legendary pseudo-intellectual/dickhead that everyone complains about?! Nice to meet you sir.

Rofl.

PsychoX_02568
07-09-2005, 08:43 AM

What a weird coincidence! I was playing with my dick... and I felt a hair entangled between the tip and the forskin. I was like "oh just a pube", But when I pulled it out it was a full grown head hair. So I was thinking... maybe it was Blair blowing me last night.

Rips off Ghost of Old Mr. Jenkin's Mask... turns out to be Blair.
Blair: And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids... Volto at the Baked Potatoe and shit about UFOs and crap.... please kill me.
*TDN takes out hand gun... blows him away.*

canadapantsman
07-09-2005, 11:26 AM
yippee huzzah

like zoinks lets eat scoob, pu-tang on teh hawsssse

ATObassist
07-10-2005, 02:55 AM
heres why blair was chosen:

the band met the founders of google.com. after hearing about their idea to start a search engine website that would soon go public with stocks worth over 300 bucks a share, each band member was promised a hefty amount of said shares if they could get a guy to run their website which would utilize the search engine. So tool got a friend of theirs who could make stuff up to sound "cryptic" making people all over the world use google.com to find out what the hell the guy was talking about, such as UFO websites and morse code dictionaries, thus making the web-stock to go up even more making the band, and the founders of the site, more money it makes perfect sense to me.

Isac Khrondor
07-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Genius.

PsychoX_02568
07-10-2005, 01:53 PM

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Tertius Oculum
07-13-2005, 04:44 PM
I actually like the stuff about the "UFO crap" seeing as I live about 2 hours from it.

I swear I'll just drive to that fucking road and wait for him to show up with whoever. Then hold him hostage until he tells me the real release date and name with track listing. OR HE DIES!

5th Eye
07-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Please!!! Someone has to, and soon. For the sake of sane people everywhere. If Blair got a REAL job, who knows what could happen to the world as we know it??

spitcodfry
07-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Has it occurred to anyone that (••• – •• – – • – –) might not only be morse but a time signature for one of the songs as well? I don't know shit about writing music, so this may be way off, but if you go to http://www.babbage.demon.co.uk/morse.html (you'll need to wait a bit before all the sounds load) and copy+paste (••• – •• – – • – –) into the box and hit the play button you can hear what it sounds like in morse. Not exactly the equivalent of listening to a song. Interesting nontheless.

Dirty Sanchez
07-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Please!!! Someone has to, and soon. For the sake of sane people everywhere. If Blair got a REAL job, who knows what could happen to the world as we know it??

Blair works for the government and is probably making more money than most of us ever will.

Bill_Hix
07-13-2005, 08:10 PM

the band met the founders of google.com. after hearing about their idea to start a search engine website that would soon go public with stocks worth over 300 bucks a share, each band member was promised a hefty amount of said shares if they could get a guy to run their website which would utilize the search engine. So tool got a friend of theirs who could make stuff up to sound "cryptic" making people all over the world use google.com to find out what the hell the guy was talking about, such as UFO websites and morse code dictionaries, thus making the web-stock to go up even more making the band, and the founders of the site, more money it makes perfect sense to me.

Genius.

I would like to add "comical" before Isac's quote.

Bill_Hix
07-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I actually like the stuff about the "UFO crap" seeing as I live about 2 hours from it.

I swear I'll just drive to that fucking road and wait for him to show up with whoever. Then hold him hostage until he tells me the real release date and name with track listing. OR HE DIES!

If you're actually serious, take pictures of him. Then drive off into the sunset with a sign that says " You've understood the eight moon!" and he'll read into that way too far and get a taste of his own medicine. Bastard