PDA

View Full Version : some thoughts on the part near the end chorus...

triad636
07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
"there's something kinda sad about, the way that things have come to be, desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?, how could this mean anything to me?, when i really don't feel anything at all"..... this part in the song really speaks to me .. i take it to mean the lack of humanity wanting to learn more.. and how they are soo apathetic and they don't care about progressing as a people and always being lazy and leting someone or something else do it for them..

"Ill keep digging..till i feel something" this line to me means that person wanting to fill themselves with knowledge and wanting to break away from the ignorance of the masses.. and trying to better his or herself so that they can evolve as a person and to do so without the help of a computer/technology....

if you really think about it my theory does have some sort of rellavence.. take for instance "something has to change, undeniable dilema, boredoms not a burden anyone should bear" meaning that a lot of people are just sitting there and waiting for something to happen(boredom) and not wanting to learn first hand.. "constant over stimulation numbs me, but i would not want it any other way" the person wanting more knowledge and wanting to know more about the world around him/her and that person wouldnt want to go back to ignorance.. they would like to move on to a higher level of conciousness..."It's not enough.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive." the person again wanting more.. needing to have more to find comfort.. not wanting to let the world pass him by.. basically getting high of knowledge.
Finger deep within the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Relax, turn around and take my hand.

I can help you change
Tired moments into pleasure.
Say the word and we'll be
Well upon our way.

Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

this hints to the person wanting to join with another to maybe broaden his or her consciousness and to infrom others to help ignorance cease to exist..
basically i take this song as a person needing and wanting knowledge to help cope with what the world has come to be...

what do you think?