PDA

View Full Version : Better?

SchismBoy
07-04-2005, 10:37 AM
I just found a copy of Salival in a used record store. Every track on the album is amazing. I love Timothy Leary in the beginning of Third Eye. I think Part of Me is an amazing song, and I love that it was done for this album. And, as a major Zeppelin fan, I found No Quarter beautiful.

However, the live, slower version of Pushit stands out to me the most. I would go so far to say that the live version is better than the studio version. Tool never ceases to amaze me.

What do you think: better or not?

bluefire
07-04-2005, 12:32 PM
much better. Not to say the original was bad, but this one is one of tool's top 3 songs, easily. Maynard's vocals, the insrumental breakdown, and the addition of the tabla were all absolutely filthy.

Kelly
07-05-2005, 11:22 AM
You did not name You Lied whoch is the best track on there imo

triad636
07-06-2005, 04:51 PM
yea but have u heard peaches' original?? its horrible imo

Kelly
07-07-2005, 08:34 PM

i fucking love it, besides the horrible ending

Odibilėph
07-08-2005, 06:22 AM
And L.A.M.C.
... what a wonderful composition.

Seriously.

Kelly
07-08-2005, 11:04 AM
And L.A.M.C.
... what a wonderful composition.

Seriously.

and then the unthinkable happened

Wave.Existance.Tears
07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
May~~nard's Dick!!! May~~nard's Dick!!!
Fun game on dissectional.com, too, if you find it ^^

Haven't heard the full song though...Anyone have a place or a file I can hear it from? Would be appreciated. Thanx.

haich
07-09-2005, 03:57 AM
WAH!?

haich
07-09-2005, 03:59 AM
I just found a copy of Salival in a used record store.

lucky... can never find one in the UK! rubbbbbbish

Divine_left
07-09-2005, 07:06 AM

I wouldn't say it's horrible, but it lacks a lot of energy that I find in the Tool version.

pathological2
08-06-2005, 06:32 AM
I like the Aenima version better for one reason "I'd trade it all for just a little piece of mind." That's like my favorite part of the song and Salival's version lacks it. Otherwise, I like the Salival version better (especially the beginning of the song).

dracomordag
08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
I love the Salival version. It's orgasmic. You can feel this explosion building and building and building...

dark_Speedo
09-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Tool is absolutly amazing live... they sound just as good if not better live then in studio. No other band i know is that musicly talented. Some say Tool is over-produced... they are wrong, it's how they actually sound.

Yeah i would say the salival version is tied with the studio version for me... I really like how they completly re-did the song.

s ti N Kfizt
09-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Hard to choose.. i think that Salival's version is better as whole but original's 2:30-4:15 is _maybe_ the best Tool moment so far.

edit: shiiit, would be amazing to hear some studio version of the Salival version..sdfsdfsdfsdfs.

pluto
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
its a tie for me too...i heard the live version first, and its been one of my all time fav songs since. would it be my fav if i heard studio version first, i think it would be, but who knows. i personally perfer live over studio performances, but i still love hearing the original version with headphones. its a tie....