PDA

View Full Version : P.O.D. forum post

paraflux
02-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally I had intended to defend Maynard in my message, but I figured he didnt need my help. I ended up explaining what Tool has done for me, in a very basic way.

http://bbs.payableondeath.com/cgi-shell/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=025185

stoggie
02-12-2003, 12:58 PM
A POD fan looks at lyrics very literally. There is no figurative meaning to POD"s lyrics, you get what you see. So they look at Tool's lyrics in the same light. They don't realise there's more to them then just a literal meaning. Basically, they look at a Tool song the way someone in grade 8 would look at a Tool song.

paraflux
02-13-2003, 07:16 AM
but there has to be a way to show people the abstract, the real. I understand the literal interpretation aspect of christianity, I have been there. I dont know how I broke out of it. I guess only because I wanted to. Apparently if you dont want help you dont get it.

jpmanson
02-13-2003, 03:52 PM
why bother? what is the point in upsetting the herd?

hyeboy
02-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by paraflux
but there has to be a way to show people the abstract, the real. I understand the literal interpretation aspect of christianity, I have been there. I dont know how I broke out of it. I guess only because I wanted to. Apparently if you dont want help you dont get it.

My friend, if there were a way to show everyone the abstract, the "real", we could ALL unplug from the matrix. I wouldn't get remarks like "you're a psychotic idiot" when I exlplain just how much of a metaphor the matrix is for our current reality. And all "true" perceptions would be shattered, leaving only infinite possibilities spread amongst an ocean of choas, embracing both dark and light, good and evil.

I appreciate what you tried to do on that POD site. "Not all martyrs see divinity, but at least you tried!"

damnable
02-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Congratulations, paraflux. It looks like you got one person, lonewolf or something, to think a little bit. This is not sarcasm. It is difficult to make people think, especially when they are trained from birth not to do so. You deserve a medal for the patience with which you expressed yourself and the thoughtfulness of your posts on the POD website.

Don't believe, KNOW that you're doing a service to anyone when you articulate your beliefs. Especially if they don't want to hear it. That's what Jesus did, son of god or loony carpenter, whichever he was.

LeoDV
02-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by paraflux
but there has to be a way to show people the abstract, the real. Some people are stupid, deal with it.

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but yes. Some people are just too narrow fucking minded, too deep-rooted in their thick bog they got lost in a long time ago.

Making a relevant post in a forum full of morons is exactly what Maynard is doing : a message of free thought, but it will bounce off 90% of the people. But 10% are going to open their eyes, progressively, in a way or an other.

Being intelligent isn't enough to make stupid people turn on their stupidity. Wouldn't we live in a much better world if it did?

Once again I know I sound harsh and elitist, but sometimes it's the way it goes. No matter how many Maynard-inspired free thought Prozelytes there are, this earth is always going to be shock full with morons.

ignore-reality
02-18-2003, 11:20 AM
good work :)

hey, how about a TDN forum against P.O.D. softball game or something? .....haha

ignore-reality
02-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ignore-reality
hey, how about a TDN forum against P.O.D. softball game or something? .....haha

TDN Forum vs. P.O.D. Forum I meant to say.

Loej
02-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Ignorant christians are the worst. I just now registered for the board, but I can't check my email to get my password right now because I'm at school, but when I get it and get home I'm going help out.

Loej
02-18-2003, 12:58 PM
hey I just had a great idea. We should invite the POD penis suckers over to the TooL forum and have a little debate. That would be really funny. Their responses would consist of tons of meaningless quotes and "babble babble babble". It'd be like (or it is like) talking to a bunch of retarded brained washed three year olds.

seeker
02-18-2003, 01:21 PM
way to go paraflux, for some reason i feel very proud of you right now. i wish more people would open their eyes to the truths you have expressed so eloquently.

now i'll just remove my lips from your ass.

edit: and loej, get off your box. you aren't any better than even the more close-minded of POD fans.

Loej
02-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey get a fucking sense of humour. But in all fairness it isn'y my fault I'm better then them.

Learn to laugh a little.

seeker
02-19-2003, 03:35 AM
as always the lack-of-emotion factor of these boards skews all things said. if you're just going to type your message with nothing to suggest that you were joking or whatever, then people are going to take it the wrong way. nevertheless, my comments were directed at your general attitude of condescension, which is likely at least a facet of your personality.

Loej
02-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Sorry next time when I post a comment I'll make it clear for all the morons that I'm joking. Hey seeker it's ok, a lot of people are probably better than you. You're just insecure about yourself.

Damn I'm awesome.

seeker
02-19-2003, 01:44 PM
ha haaaa... yes, you've seen right through me. what was i thinking challenging an intellectual gigas such as yourself? and thanks for being so supportive... it really is hard to be a moron in modern society with all the subtleties of the ruling class. yes sir, if this was a monarchy you'd be the king, and i, along with everyone else who didn't share your categoristic views, would be begging humbly to wipe your royal holy ass, just for the chance of getting a little of your shit on our lowly rustic fingers. oh thank you, thank you for inspiring my neanderthal mind to hope for such unattainable glories. i am forever in your debt, except that i'm not even worthy to be connected to you in such a way. oh bless you bless you.

just kidding.

Loej
02-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Wow, that's just wrong man. Obsessive. Seriously I know I'm cool and all but you seriously. I mean if being gay works for you then go for it. I'm not going to judge you, but I don't swing that way brother. I mean I'll let you like my sack every once in awhile I guess, but that's only because I'm a horny SOB.

See we can be friends.

paraflux
02-20-2003, 12:37 PM
what the fuck is going on here? jesus, its starting to look like a limp bizkit forum in here (I guess naturally it has to be a little more intelligent, but still...)

Thanks for the support guys. Unfortunately the POD forum has been closed because the POD camp doesnt want to face up to hypocrisy. In their letter to their fans concerning Marcus' expedititure from the band, they said he "left" to pursue other options, and sounded all holy with "pray for us and him" etc. However, in an MTV article on MTV.com, Marcus clearly states that the band fired him because his side projects were not christian-oriented, and it had been brewing for a while, and he was immediately replaced by a christian guitarist from another christian band. Aside from that, my postings in the POD forum were clearly for the 10 per cent who WOULD listen. I'll try to talk sense into anybody, especially dealing with the Bible and Christianity simply because I was force fed that for 18 years and I know it inside and out. When I quote a verse to support my statements I NEVER GET A RESPONSE. But those who are willing to engage in meaningful exchange of ideas I will talk to till I am blue in the face.

If there were no desire to heal...
If there were no rewards to reap...

seeker
02-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Loej
Wow, that's just wrong man. Obsessive. Seriously I know I'm cool and all but you seriously. I mean if being gay works for you then go for it. I'm not going to judge you, but I don't swing that way brother. I mean I'll let you like my sack every once in awhile I guess, but that's only because I'm a horny SOB.

See we can be friends.

yes, yes we can. it's truly amazing how friendships begin, no?

paper_head
02-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Paraflux, could you tell some of us what you wrote in that P.O.D. forum. Like you said, it's closed now and I'm curious about what you wrote.

paraflux
02-21-2003, 07:12 AM
I managed to get 200 posts in 1 week, all during work hours, so it would be impossible to recreate that. I just called them out for blaming Maynard for making money off of christ. I said apparently the boys in the POD camp think they are the only ones who can make a living off the saviour's name, and that it was beside the point. I challeneged everyone on the board intelligently, and I think a couple of people who were not adept at looking at multiple perspectives may have started looking. I also has many private message conversations going. It ws pretty tiring. After the Maynard thread got locked, I simply went to other forums to discuss spirituality. It's fun to debate with christians if you know the Bible. Sometimes.

ignore-reality
02-21-2003, 09:48 AM
paraflux.....you are truly a prophet......thank you for your work

paraflux
02-21-2003, 12:40 PM
no. I just use my head. but I am glad you enjoy it.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1529&alid=-1

I'd rather you enjoy this. Its old, but still good.