PDA

View Full Version : Amazing

blackdays
02-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Triad has been my favorite Tool song, and probably overall song, for a few months. It seems like everyone else thinks of this song as just a neat song, but I absolutely love it. Each time i've heard it since the second or third time i've listened, I can't believe how much energy this song has. I love how the song just opens up after the guitar solo around 2:53. The buildup until the softer part at 4:06 is great, and the louder part that starts again at 5:16 is amazing. My favorite part, though, is the section from 5:35 to the end. Especially the part around 5:44 when the guitar changes it's sound. Amazing.

The live version is great too, but theres just something about the studio version that I love. The bass, guitars, and drums do all the right things to make this song a masterpiece. Does anyone think the same about Triad?

ignore-reality
02-11-2003, 09:55 PM
I find it somewhat interesting that this is the only non-vocal real Tool song (not an intro or filler). Great song though. Adam, Justin, and Danny's styles really fit well.

J1516
02-12-2003, 04:00 PM
I really love it, it's like Tool's going Post Rock, and not doing the usual cliched thing that post rock usually does (start small build build build climax close). I think it's an amazing sonic way to end one of the best albums I've heard. The electronics on the song are still subtle yet play a very major role in the overall powerful feelings that come along with this. I think it sums up the album and then continues and gives it closure yet still leaves it very open for us to decide the true ending and what the overall meanings of the album and song are.

Quetzocoatl
02-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Newcomer here...

Triad is my favorite song by any band any where. Its dynamics, artisty, and overall power is staggering. The second time I listend to Lateralus the whole way through, Triad just washed over me. I swear, it felt like my heart was beating in sync with the song by the time it was over. Incredible.

Nirvana
02-23-2003, 01:56 PM
i want to get to level 7!!!

4th Eye
02-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Sorry Nirvana, you got still fifty...

I'm listening to Triad right now. 2:54 when it kinda starts just gives me chills. And all those voices and sounds in the background are nice. I hope they'll do more these instrumental songs. Not that I don't love Maynards voice..

Croteau
02-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Triad also gives me chills....subsequently, whenever im watching t.v., i always find that i end up tapping my feet to the kick drum beat of traid...duh-duh-duh-duh-duh----duh-duh--duh-duh..............

seeker
02-23-2003, 04:05 PM
you know, my initial thoughts were "why would anyone like triad best? there aren't even any vocals!"

then i remembered that my favorite nine inch nails song is adrift and at peace, which is at least as lyricless as triad. i don't know... i tend to feel more from the message of the words than i do from the sound of the music, but i can understand how this isn't the case all the time.