PDA

View Full Version : Spinning the wheels

Tyson
06-22-2005, 03:10 PM
http://www.icemagazine.com/stories/170/tool.asp

As for the future, Carey is confident that fans won’t be left destitute for another five years. In fact, Tool already has an album’s worth of undeveloped material leftover from Lateralus. "I could see the next record coming in two or three years," he says, "unless we take on something huge, like try to do the next Wall. Which is a possibility... I think we’re the ones to step up and do that."

:lol:

the mechanic
06-22-2005, 03:14 PM
maybe theyre trying to do the next Wall

rochey-o
06-22-2005, 03:37 PM
i think that theyre the next ones to step up and do that

Wretched
06-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I think they aren't doing anything but playing with themselves and reading this forum.

Spongebob
06-22-2005, 04:08 PM
I think they aren't doing anything but playing with themselves and reading this forum.
i dont do anthing but play with myself and read this forum.
thats my job.

Tyson
06-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Well that would explain why the DVD took so long.

GregoryWohlwend
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
has anyone here seen the documentary "DIG!"? The main guy, has made an entire album in a single day, they release about 5 albums a year, and they are not shit, of course i wouldn't expect TOOL to do an album in a day, but you know...

MentalSanityOff
06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
i love it. that is, coming to the F.A.R.M., looking for new news, and the stuff that pops up is either 5 minutes old, or in this case, 5 years old. sweet.

thirdseason17
06-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Guys, I have a secret to tell you. I am not really thirdseason17. I am Adam. Adam Jones. The guy who tries to play guitar in tool. The reason why it's taking so long is because we're trying to take on the next Wall, and Maynard is a *** who is hard to work with. One time I was going to rehearsal and Danny was like "where the fuck is everyone else?" and we looked around for a bit, then finally we heard some noise coming from closet. I opened it, and lo and behold, Maynard was shouting "You like that you British bitch!", with Justins dick in hand. You think putting together a cd is easy, well it aint when your singer is fucking the bassist. Fuck you guys.

herarety
06-22-2005, 10:01 PM
has anyone here seen the documentary "DIG!"? The main guy, has made an entire album in a single day, they release about 5 albums a year, and they are not shit, of course i wouldn't expect TOOL to do an album in a day, but you know...
I don't think the two really compare in this case though. Anton (of BJM) was really one guy with a wealth of musical talent, ideas, and vision. Tool are a band that work together to create their music. No doubt, Tool do a fair amount of jacking off as well.. I'm not trying to defend Tool, just saying the process of a group with near equal input from members would naturally take longer than one really talented guy - on top of whatever other reasons Tool has for the gaps between albums.

Also, interesting video.. Crazy guy, that Anton. Brian Jonestown Massacre is good music too. Cool to see someone mention it/them, haven't seen it elsewhere on these boards.

ElectroBoogieJack
06-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Guys, I have a secret to tell you. I am not really thirdseason17. I am Adam. Adam Jones. The guy who tries to play guitar in tool. The reason why it's taking so long is because we're trying to take on the next Wall, and Maynard is a *** who is hard to work with. One time I was going to rehearsal and Danny was like "where the fuck is everyone else?" and we looked around for a bit, then finally we heard some noise coming from closet. I opened it, and lo and behold, Maynard was shouting "You like that you British bitch!", with Justins dick in hand. You think putting together a cd is easy, well it aint when your singer is fucking the bassist. Fuck you guys.

First off, I'm not a ***. I just happened to have an insatiable urge for British cock. It gets the best of.... well, of the best of us sometimes. Second, you think I'm hard to work with? I've worked with Trent fucking Reznor. That guy deletes fully-finished songs in his SLEEP. Waa, waa, I touched Justins dick. You never stop complaining. I touched Courtney Loves dick! Why didn't you have a aneuryism about that?

That's it. I quit. I'm gonna go find a guitar tech and start another band, which will be compared in many ways to a watered-down, more generic rock version of Tool. See you fags later.

PS: Tell Danny that Blair needs more lube, I gave it to him pretty hard last night. Aleister CrOWWWWley indeed.

Spongebob
06-23-2005, 12:57 AM
holy fuck, if the real tool read this thread, they would like totaly lol.

Misanthrope
06-23-2005, 01:13 AM
has anyone here seen the documentary "DIG!"? The main guy, has made an entire album in a single day, they release about 5 albums a year, and they are not shit, of course i wouldn't expect TOOL to do an album in a day, but you know...Yamataka Eye of the Boredoms apparantly created two Hanatarash albums in a single day. PWNT!

5th Eye
06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
See, that's why Blair keeps giving us his fake news. Tool isn't working on music. They all just want to have a "good time"...if they didn't, we could've had an album years ago. Like how Undertow was released just after Opiate! It's because they all weren't being distracted by Justin's sexy British cock. Damn him!

GelatiCruiser
06-24-2005, 05:58 AM
1/17/06

Underalus
06-24-2005, 06:23 AM
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? here dip-shit

4/23/06
11/11/05 (this is it)
06/06/06 (ooooooh)
/1/33/656
43324/346/546/54

STOP POSTING FAKE DATES YOU DUMB CUNTS

Spongebob
06-24-2005, 03:40 PM
As for the future, Carey is confident that fans won’t be left destitute for another five years. In fact, Tool already has an album’s worth of undeveloped material leftover from Lateralus. "I could see the next record coming in two or three years," he says, "unless we take on something huge, like try to do the next Wall. Which is a possibility... I think we’re the ones to step up and do that."

see guys, 2 disc album looks likely huh. if they wrote all those new songs 10-12, and one is 18 minuites, and the rest would be quite long too, AND a whole albums worth from the last album, and throw in some random fillers, 2 discs easy, maybe even 4.

Underalus
06-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Maybe even 5. STOP THROWING NUMBERS AROUND. I'm getting fucking angry already. Before it was fun coming on to find out new albums news (ie: NOTHING) but now I'm just pissed. Honestly, throw your album together you fucks. Fucking a perfect circle who ended up fizzling out with the worst products of their careers starting with their stupid Bikini Bandits shit all the way down to the absolutely dismal emotive/amotion; they're the damn reason this is taking so long, same as lateralus.

MasterOfKtulu109
06-25-2005, 12:48 PM
see guys, 2 disc album looks likely huh. if they wrote all those new songs 10-12, and one is 18 minuites, and the rest would be quite long too, AND a whole albums worth from the last album, and throw in some random fillers, 2 discs easy, maybe even 4.

tool, like every other band i know of, does not put every single song they write onto an album. if danny said 10-12 new songs, they will prolly end up trimming it down to the 9 or 10 best ones.

LP|Stang
06-25-2005, 02:22 PM
2/17/06

the mechanic
06-25-2005, 02:38 PM
5/7/FU

cornerstone
06-25-2005, 02:42 PM
The sad truth:

9/17/26

rochey-o
06-25-2005, 02:54 PM
15/m/mass

the mechanic
06-25-2005, 02:57 PM
15/m/mass
15/m/cali...wanna h00k up?

MentalSanityOff
06-25-2005, 03:33 PM
knowing tool, the date will be 6/9/69

the mechanic
06-25-2005, 03:53 PM
knowing that tool is made up of humans, i would call that impossible

triad636
06-25-2005, 04:17 PM
no way .. you guys got it all wrong...its def gunna be .. never****

Lackymacky
06-25-2005, 09:51 PM
The sad truth:

9/17/26

lol

dont know why that made me feel so good

MentalSanityOff
06-25-2005, 10:26 PM
knowing that tool is made up of humans, i would call that impossible
knowing that they're cryrogenically freezing themselves for 50 years, I'd say you're full of shit

herarety
06-26-2005, 11:44 AM
knowing that they're cryrogenically freezing themselves for 50 years, I'd say you're full of shit
That, or they feel this generation of Tool fans has failed them and they are going to release all material recorded from Lateralus forth a couple generations down the line by way of their decendants.

Carny_Handles
06-26-2005, 12:37 PM
holy fuck, if the real tool read this thread, they would like totaly lol.

No, they would probably collectively shit themselves with the realization that their fans are dumb fucks.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
06-26-2005, 01:51 PM
"Tool already has an album’s worth of undeveloped material leftover from Lateralus." I would of salivated to this news 4 yrs. ago, but not now.

Wave.Existance.Tears
06-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Best Thread Evar.

Toolgarden
07-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Yes, the whole maynard-justin butt cramming saga gave me a hoot.

Toolgarden
07-01-2005, 02:58 AM
It's pretty high up there at least.