PDA

View Full Version : Anal Rape?

blue/shimmering
06-22-2005, 08:03 AM
yeah, yeah, i know. it's stupid, and carnal. and a rather immature interpretations of Tool's lyrics. but i just cant shake the feeling that there is a much more, well, offensive, meaning to Third Eye (at least the first bits)

"On my back and tumbling" - the victim is put into a position of weakness and is panicking fast.

"Down that hole and back again" - fairly self explanatory. maybe this has happened before?

"rising up, and wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye" Rising up: the erection. wiping the webs is a visual metaphore for re-opening a place which has not been visited.

"In......Out.......In......Out......" this hardly needs explaining.

*i havent found much meaning in the whisperings to relate to anal sex.*

and the paedophile beckons: "came out to watch you play, why you running away?" to the child.

and the second time "so good to see you, i've missed you so much." perhaps he has been removed/arrested and re-released. "so glad it's over, i've missed you so much" 'it' refers to the time spent away (jail?) from the victim (or martyr)

"Pry-ing O-pen My Third Eye" we've all heard the phrase "brown eye". you know you have. no? go talk to a local 7-year-old. the anus is nicknamed the "brown eye" and could be called the third physical eye on the body. now think about it. yeah. ouch.

"but i do not recognize the vessel. but the eye seems so familiar" - the victim has vague recollection, but does not recognize his attacker.

"so good to see you once again, i thought that you were hiding from me" - the attacker realises that he has not been recognized and prepares to strike again.
"and you thought that i had run away, chasing a trail of smoke and reason" - the victim sees the attacker 'taken away' for what he had done, into the justice system, (the trail of "reason").

and then it all happens again: "prying open my third eye". and so the cycle returns.

sorry if this is a bit vague. it's late. hope it hasnt been posted before (it probably has)

t.

marcus
06-22-2005, 11:55 AM
the third eye is the minds eye.

I can hardly wait for your interpretation of stinkfist

paraflux
06-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Or.... 4 degrees

blue/shimmering
06-24-2005, 06:38 PM
the third eye is the minds eye.

I can hardly wait for your interpretation of stinkfist

i know that. it's just one version of it. i'm well aware of the minds eye.

[/douche]

ufopancakes
06-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Have you ever considered the third eye to be the male peehole? and by prying open the third eye you are wiping the webs and the dew (splooge) from your peehole to keep it from sticking to your underwear? Maybe Maynard is singing to his penis throught the song, which wouldnt suprize me really considering its maynard...

[/sarcasm]

metalwarriorx
06-25-2005, 10:12 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if this is the REAL meaning of the song. nice interpration

ufopancakes
06-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I dont know, this is one of Tools more eerie and dark songs... I think the music itself moreso suggests the "bad Lsd trip" interpretation. I cant imagine a song about a penis with music that fucked up (for lack of a better phrase).

marcus
06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
i know that. it's just one version of it. i'm well aware of the minds eye.

[/douche]I'm well aware of people thinking a lot of tool's songs have something to do with anal sex too. Perhaps it's because so many tool fans are fucking anal.

triad636
06-29-2005, 08:08 AM
maybe maynard is talking about in and out of conciousness...

Toolgarden
07-01-2005, 04:22 PM
The third eye is the largest chakra on the body, located inbetween and above your eyebrows, it is really the only visual eye we have, as we have more than one dimensional body. The Third eye chakra is often what we concentrate on to focus into a different dimension, often the astral.

There are also the physical (what were'e in as of now), emotional, spiritual, etc. Demeonsions.

Sorry but I've become a total geek about astral projections.

Toolgarden
07-01-2005, 04:24 PM
maybe maynard is talking about in and out of conciousness...
And as for that, I interpret the song as an astral projection, he means in and out of one demension, you do not go out of concious when you go astral, actually; you become astral every night, but it is only a true projection when you are in conciousness, to learn more visit: http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/index.html

That site can tell you anything you want to know about these experiences, it is not false, as I have experienced them deeply.