PDA

View Full Version : just a thought....

a_divine_martyr
11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
ok maybe i'm just an ignorant little cock but this is what i have gotten from the song Pushit (AEnema)...

i think he's talking about an inner struggle between life and death for him

he is on the verge of suicide but is torn by the choises he has. he would kill himself for mental clarification (But i'd trade it all For just a little bit of Piece of mind)

apparently he leaves this suicidal state of thought because he comes back to it. and someone was there to help him through this time of him life (Saw that gap again today As you were begging me to stay. Managed to push myself away, And you, as well)

then after a great amount of struggle, he decides to take his life because he believe nothing can fix him, yet he wants to let everyone know it's not their fault. (Just remember I will always love you, Even as I tear your fucking throat away. But it will end no other way)

if that sounds dumb please correct me :o\

john
11-20-2002, 10:11 PM
that doesnt sound dumb to me.

actually, its quite an interesting idea.
hmm....time to go think.

-john

LyingRealist
11-28-2002, 02:48 AM
Thats a really good interpretation .
I like it quite alot actually
makes sense.

I too need to go think a lil.
Thanks for that post=)

hyeboy
11-28-2002, 11:35 AM
Yes, I agree with john and lying realist that this presents an interesting angle. While this may not be my interpretation, it’s nice to see someone put some thought into there ideas. I’m reading so many posts that take one line in a song, and try to base an entire theory on it even though the rest of the lyrics doen't work. Your idea is believable, a_devine_martyr, because most of the lines can back it up/support it. Good call, buddy!

pink gentile
11-29-2002, 02:32 PM
i'm not going to call you an ingnorant little cock, for i might be wrong as well, but i think that he is really talking about a person who tries to push his/her love onto him. i feel that this angers him, and he can not take or will not take it. he also says that he knows that he/she loves him, and that they know that they are still pushing their love onto him, and yet they continue to do so anyway. this is just my opinion, and i could be wrong.

a_divine_martyr
01-21-2004, 05:22 AM
14 month old bump.

What do you newbies thinkof this interpretation?

EDIT: I had atrocious grammar when I wrote that way back when.

Anonymous
01-27-2004, 01:38 AM
Yeah I'd once thought the exact same thing about the song as an interesting interpretation of it, however the one line i couldn't get past was how he says, "Remember i will always love you even as i tear your fucking throat away." Because that to me sounds too much like the perosn in the song feels as tho he has to murder someone else to acheive "peice of mind" rather than himself. Any ideas on how that could still be linked to suicide would be appreciated thank you.